• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Top 100

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many got to see the NFL Network Top 100 after the draft, but Max Unger came in at #95.:yahoo:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL network stated 17 came from the NFCW. the most in the NFL.
100 divided by 8 = 12.5 per division.

NFCW, way above that average.

There was a va-giner fan claiming the va-giners had at least 12 in the top 100. lol.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I expect the Seahawks to be well represented:

Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Okung, Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas along with Max Unger. So, that would be 6 Seahawks (if not more), which by definition would mean that the 9ers would have less than 12.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, I expect the Seahawks to be well represented:

Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Okung, Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas along with Max Unger. So, that would be 6 Seahawks (if not more), which by definition would mean that the 9ers would have less than 12.

I'm having a tough time figuring out which 9ers aren't going to be on the list.

By my count I thought there should be 10

Willis
J. Smith
Aldon Smith
Bowman
Gore
Vernon Davis
Joe Staley
Goldson (confirmed at 96)
Kaepernick
Crabtree

6 of those guys were on the list last year and didn't really do anything that should've dropped them from the list. No way Aldon Smith isn't on there so there should be at least 8 9ers on the list. But also hard to see Kaepernick off of it but since he only played the later half of the season the players might not have voted him in due to not playing long enough.

The Seahawks listed above should all be on the list and with maybe the exception of Okung who might get snubbed which should at least give the Seahawks 5 players.

So between the 9ers and Hawks there should be at least 13 players which leaves 5 between the Cards and Rams.

Washington was already revealed so that's one Card and Fitz should be on the list as well so that's 2 Cards that at least should be on it.

The only other players that I would say have a shot is Patrick Peterson, Cortland Finnegan, and Chris Long.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I put Goldson with his new team, but that also means that Boldin is the 9er, which means there is still 1 confirmed.

2) I could see Gore, Staley, Kaep and Crabtree missing the list, not saying they will, just that I could see it happening.

3) I can see Okung missing, I just felt him being an All-Pro will at least give him the recognition to keep him at the front of people's minds. There are more that could crack the list (Chris Clemons, Bobby Wagner, Cam Chancellor, Brandon Mebane, Red Bryant, K.J. Wright), but I just listed those I thought most likely. The hard thing about guessing this year is that last year the team may have started with a bunch of no names, but they got as much press as any unit the NFL as the season went on.

4) As for other Rams who could be on the list - Janoris Jenkins and James Laurinaitas

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1) I put Goldson with his new team, but that also means that Boldin is the 9er, which means there is still 1 confirmed.

2) I could see Gore, Staley, Kaep and Crabtree missing the list, not saying they will, just that I could see it happening.

3) I can see Okung missing, I just felt him being an All-Pro will at least give him the recognition to keep him at the front of people's minds. There are more that could crack the list (Chris Clemons, Bobby Wagner, Cam Chancellor, Brandon Mebane, Red Bryant, K.J. Wright), but I just listed those I thought most likely. The hard thing about guessing this year is that last year the team may have started with a bunch of no names, but they got as much press as any unit the NFL as the season went on.

4) As for other Rams who could be on the list - Janoris Jenkins and James Laurinaitas

Kaep and Crabtree yes but Gore was 28th on the list last year and Staley was 68th and both had better season this past season compared to the year before so I just don't see them being completely pushed off the list.

I don't think Jenkins or Laurinaitas had big enough impacts that would crack the top 100 so I would be surprised if either one was on the list.

I could see Clemons and Chancellor on the list but don't see the rest of who you listed being on there. Wagner can make an argument for being on there but considering Daryl Washington barely made it on I think that all but dooms Wagner's chances.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Jenkins did score 4 defensive TDs, which is the same amount that Steven Jackson scored on offense. Laurinaitas had 142 tackles, which was 2nd in the division.

Also, I did say that the second list were my longshots. The farther it goes in, the longer the shot it is they'll make it.

I'd be happy for any West guy who makes the list. More respect for the West is good, we've been disrespected for too long.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree is not going to be on the list.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep, NO
Crabtree, NO
Russell Wilson, NO Just not enough respect yet, it's coming, but not yet.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree is not going to be on the list.

I agree with this.

Also you can speculate as to if Russell Wilson/Kaepernick are going to be on the list. Since they're both young I could see them being left off, but since they're both coming off such good seasons I could see them both on there.

But I really would be surprised if one was on the list and the other was not. Among NFL fans/writers/talking heads it seems to be split down the middle as to who the better QB is. At least as far as I have noticed.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

Also you can speculate as to if Russell Wilson/Kaepernick are going to be on the list. Since they're both young I could see them being left off, but since they're both coming off such good seasons I could see them both on there.

But I really would be surprised if one was on the list and the other was not. Among NFL fans/writers/talking heads it seems to be split down the middle as to who the better QB is. At least as far as I have noticed.

If it's the top 100 players in the league for 2013, it shouldn't matter whether a guy has been in the league one year or twelve. It's all about this season and what he's expected to do this year. The only way I can see Wilson and/or Kaepernick not getting on the list is if the people the network polled don't think either or both of them can repeat their success from last season.

In my mind, two quarterbacks who were a huge part of getting their respective teams into the playoffs and winning games when they got there, first year starters or not, should be on the list. If they were simply game managers who let the rest of their team carry them into the playoffs, I could see leaving them off, but that doesn't apply to either of those guys. I also expect guys like RGIII and Luck to be on the list for the same reason, although in Griffin's case he might be left off only because nobody knows how much he's going to play this year.

Then again... there are only so many spots available, so there are going to be some players left off that would probably be on it if it were a bigger list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So excited for this season of SB Victory, say it with me.....SB Champs.
We need it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The players vote on the list which is slightly better than having fan voting which makes it a bit tough.

Cam Newton made the list at 40 last season so I would say Russell Wilson should be able to make the list since he did start a full season.

Aldon Smith was a complete snub on the list last year despite almost breaking the rookie sack record so Kaepernick might not make it since he didn't have a full season under his belt and the players might hold that against him like I thought they held not being a starter against Aldon. But his play certainty warrants a spot on the list.

This is really the fundamental problem with the list because it's one part ranking them what they did last season and what they might do the next. I always thought they should do the list of who were the top 100 players the past season not have it the top 100 players in the league since there is no real clear standard for that.

Larry Fitzgerald is a prime example of this because he's going to be the most interesting person to see where he's ranked. If you go by stats and what he did last season he shouldn't even be on the list but that wasn't close to being his fault so where do you put him?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kaepernick at 81 so that should all but confirm RW being on the list.

Other notable was Harvin at 90. Probably would've been higher if he played the full season.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most intersting note I took out of it was that after Logan Mankins was announced mid 80's they said that only 6 Olinemen made the list.

Trent Williams
Max Unger
Logan Mankins

those 3 have been announced, so there will only be 3 more o linemen the rest of the 80 players.

Also did you catch the reaction show after? Kinda awkward. You can tell McNabb and Sapp do NOT like each other. lol

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Most intersting note I took out of it was that after Logan Mankins was announced mid 80's they said that only 6 Olinemen made the list.

Trent Williams
Max Unger
Logan Mankins

those 3 have been announced, so there will only be 3 more o linemen the rest of the 80 players.

Also did you catch the reaction show after? Kinda awkward. You can tell McNabb and Sapp do NOT like each other. lol

I'll go:

Staley
Pouncey
Evans

As the last 3 OL on the list by going off where they ranked last year and how they did this past season.

Joe Thomas was in the 80's last year and I don't think he helped his stock any so I can see him being off the list.

Jason Peters was out with injury all last season so he's probably off as well

Jake Long also battled injuries but he has the best of the guys I didn't guess to be on there still.

Staley was 67 last year and this past season probably had his best year as a pro so I just don't see him completely off the list.

Pouncey was 49 last year and I didn't see anything this past season that would indicate a complete drop from the list

Evans was 32 last year and like Pouncey I just don't see him being a complete no show on the list.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Wagner won't be on the list...not surprised.

Dwight Freeney being on the list is a joke.

Joe Staley is a nice spot and makes it 4 9ers

Not sure I like Richardson at 71, but nothing specifically against it depending on what other backs are ahead of him.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I like Richardson at 71, but nothing specifically against it depending on what other backs are ahead of him.

I agree with you about Freeney. I'm sure he'll play in 2013, but I doubt very much that he'll be a top 100 player.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be surprised if Richardson being listed at 71 is more a nod to his massive amount of talent. I didn't get to watch him much last year at all but the 3.6 yards per carry average I found very surprising and despite his tons of talent, I don't think he should be in the top 100 with production like that.