• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Top 100

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is splitting hairs your right. But I want to see more from Rodgers before I crown him. Brady has more rings, and he's a helmet catch and a welker drop from having 2 additional rings.

Cannot discount his extended period of success.

Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since "Spygate", and until he does, whether the loses were flukes or not, his rings will always be slightly tainted.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Rogers over Brady myself. If Brady was on the Packers, he would be getting sacked over and over. Packers OL has just stunk it up for the last few years. Rogers has had plenty of sacks over the years, but if he wasn't the athlete he was, it would be way worst.

That Packers offensive line really was atrocious last year. If you've got a quarterback as talented and as important to your team's success as Rodgers or Brady or Manning are, you had damn well better give him an offensive line that doesn't resemble Swiss cheese. A quarterback can only have a chance to be as good as those guys if he stays upright. If you're a quarterback and your team keeps putting shoddy offensive lines in front of you when they have the ability and opportunity to upgrade, you have to wonder at some point what you did to piss off your coach or your GM. Poor David Carr had to be wondering that when he was with the Texans. That dude got lit up like a Christmas tree on a regular basis because his team's front office routinely neglected to give him an offensive line that could actually block.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since "Spygate", and until he does, whether the loses were flukes or not, his rings will always be slightly tainted.

Oh please. Put the tinfoil hat down.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. Put the tinfoil hat down.

I give Tom Brady as much credit for his 3 rings as I give Roethlisberger for his 2, which is almost none. Saying he was just a couple plays away from being 5-0 in the Super Bowl is disingenuous, he was just a few plays away from being 0-5.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this list comes out at a slow time and that is the only reason it deserves any attention in my mind. This notion that the players know best who is good and who is better than who seems as silly as saying the coaches poll in college is made by people who know all of the teams and who is better than who.

Each team faces 13 different teams a year? And of that they only see their unit up close. That is, the offense knows who got the better of them on defense etc. How many other games do these players actually watch and how deeply do they get into those match ups? I'd say any fan who is in a couple of fantasy leagues probably has more of a feel for the league than the players in it.

So what is this list? A popularity contest made by people with only a partial view of the league. Sure, each player knows a lot more about the players they faced, but can they put that with all of the others they didn't? And obviously they inject bias toward their friends/favorite players.

Sherman was lower on the list than he probably deserved largely because the vote was not long after the PED scandals.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Tom Brady as much credit for his 3 rings as I give Roethlisberger for his 2, which is almost none. Saying he was just a couple plays away from being 5-0 in the Super Bowl is disingenuous, he was just a few plays away from being 0-5.

That's a fair point. I don't think they've played in a Super Bowl that wasn't close since Brady became quarterback.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like no one has posted this so.... here you go

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfCqqjPHtPw]NFL's Top 100 Players of 2013 - 50 - Richard Sherman[HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've always thought it was strange we put a lot of emphasis on how many SBs a QB has won when it comes to evaluating their performance.

Clearly winning is a big factor in evaluation but the team that wins the SB is usually the best TEAM and not just the best QB on the field.

Brady won his rings when the Pats had a quality defense.

As much firepower as the Saints have they only won theirs when their defense was standing on it's head getting turnovers. When their defense remembered it sucked they haven't won one since.

Same Rodgers and Packers. They've had a killer offense for years but the year they won the ring was the year their defense played well. Like the Saints once the defense remembered it sucked they've been struggling to get back since.

I mean it's like me saying Charles Haley is the greatest defensive player ever since he has 5 SB rings.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Smith has been the topic the last few days, but how is he better than Willis? I just don't agree with that at all.

That was the most glaring flaw with the list IMO. Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, Joe Staley and Mike Iupati are more important to that team than Aldon Smith.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because Aldon Smith is a beast!