• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Sunday Ticket

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you steam it on two different Tv's?

I have 6 HD TVs. 55" in my living room, 32' in the bedroom, 32' in my office and my grandson's bedroom, 60" in the man cave in the cellar and 19' in the kitchen. Sunday Ticket is on my Genie and all of the other TVs are on the Wi-Fi and connected to the Genie and I can go room to room and watch 6 different games. I can also DVR three of them because I have DVRs on three TVs.

I have Xfinity X1 on my Computer. I got an upgrade from 25 MPS to 75 MPS along with nX1 for $.04 a month for a year. My internet cost went from $79.95 to $79.99 a month. So I can record the Pats on my Computer and three other games if they're worth recording. Oh yeah, next year the service goes up to $89.99.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 6 HD TVs. 55" in my living room, 32' in the bedroom, 32' in my office and my grandson's bedroom, 60" in the man cave in the cellar and 19' in the kitchen. Sunday Ticket is on my Genie and all of the other TVs are on the Wi-Fi and connected to the Genie and I can go room to room and watch 6 different games. I can also DVR three of them because I have DVRs on three TVs.

I have Xfinity X1 on my Computer. I got an upgrade from 25 MPS to 75 MPS along with nX1 for $.04 a month for a year. My internet cost went from $79.95 to $79.99 a month. So I can record the Pats on my Computer and three other games if they're worth recording. Oh yeah, next year the service goes up to $89.99.

Are you from RI?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife hates how frugal I am. Ill skip the cheese on my burger if it saves me 25 cents. When I go out to dinner i get water instead of a 2 dollar soda. But when it comes to my NFL package I don't care what it costs. Its a must. Living in the West I refuse to wake up early and go to a sports bar at 10am.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said they pay 399 a month for the Sunday Ticket?

And here I was thinking I paid like 280 a year.............Hmm guess I`m gonna have to check this out when the new subscription starts.....Oh well.

I goit two tvs side by side,a 60" and 42",the 60" is for the Bears game and the 42" is for my fantasy team.........I enjoy the hell out of it.:D

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stream it on a PS4(no direct TV) quality is fine. Think the Sunday Ticket was $299 with all the bells and whistles, but i think there were cheaper options available. Last year was the first time i've ever got to see every Lions game loved it :llama:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife hates how frugal I am. Ill skip the cheese on my burger if it saves me 25 cents. When I go out to dinner i get water instead of a 2 dollar soda. But when it comes to my NFL package I don't care what it costs. Its a must. Living in the West I refuse to wake up early and go to a sports bar at 10am.

Football Sundays starting at 10am??? Hell yeah...sign me up! I would love that.

Now...starting to tailgate at 6am may present some problems...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slingbox

I had a college roommate from Philly. Attached it to their parent's basement tv, and viola- live local Philadelphia sports in Pittsburgh.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have DirecTV and I always get NFL Sunday Ticket. I tell them I want it, they tell me it's $399 and I tell them I'm switching to Comcast. I get it for $30 a month from August to January.........Roughly $7 a week.

Surprised they let you go into JAN...most reg. season is over then. But in any case, that stopped working for me.

Every other year I would make the same threat to move to cable after my 2 yr deal was up and got it for free twice...about 4 yrs ago I made that threat and they lowered it from $300, to $240, which I paid $60x4. Then they wanted $320 two yrs ago ($80x4), and I cried wolf again with my threat to leave for cable and they called my bluff, stood firm on $320...as did I...last year was my 1st yr without the Tkt in well over 10 yrs.

The ATL market was already getting 8 to 10 Steeler games with the national and regional CBS games so I couldn't justify $320 to catch 6 to 8 games.

Now of course I've received no less than 10 calls from "upper level" (as they described themselves) customer retention. I've told them...offer individual games and I would come back, aside from that, I'm okay with Comcast....saving about $1200 a yr.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's people like you, that screw it up for people like me! They finally called my bluff on leaving for cable...I left.

FWIW...I'm the same way on restaurant unless I'm ordering a beer.

On the NFL TKT...in ATL, We already get half the Steeler games between national and CBS regional so I had enough...I finally bagged DTV altogether LY after a decade plus.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to watch he game live. its just not the same. I usually go to a local sports bar to watch my skins but I am getting sick of the drunks.

I'm getting sick of everything associated with the NFL. I have tickets for a Titans Thursday Night Football game this year and it'll be the first live game I've been to since about 2012 at the Chargers when I said "never again!" due to insane drunkenness, drugs and violence everywhere. I'm no prude but it was prohibitive to my experience. I was in Chargers gear and getting recruited to go gangfight a group of opposing fans and that was pretty much it for me.

I also had Sunday Ticket for many years and loved it and did like @BigKen and told them every year when they called to renew that I wanted it but not willing to pay that much and always got it greatly reduced but I cut DirecTV (best value in my opinion) along with a ton of other entertainment options and it feels good to be off of all that stuff.

I try real hard to not directly support the NFL or any other league now and it feels good. I guess the last major league sporting event I went to was the Lakers and I was absolutely sickened by the whiny, drunk fans and the cost. I'd still go to MLB games but that's it. I got the Titans tickets included when we participated in the Titans 5K. I can't see paying for them.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting sick of everything associated with the NFL. I have tickets for a Titans Thursday Night Football game this year and it'll be the first live game I've been to since about 2012 at the Chargers when I said "never again!" due to insane drunkenness, drugs and violence everywhere. I'm no prude but it was prohibitive to my experience. I was in Chargers gear and getting recruited to go gangfight a group of opposing fans and that was pretty much it for me.

I also had Sunday Ticket for many years and loved it and did like @BigKen and told them every year when they called to renew that I wanted it but not willing to pay that much and always got it greatly reduced but I cut DirecTV (best value in my opinion) along with a ton of other entertainment options and it feels good to be off of all that stuff.

I try real hard to not directly support the NFL or any other league now and it feels good. I guess the last major league sporting event I went to was the Lakers and I was absolutely sickened by the whiny, drunk fans and the cost. I'd still go to MLB games but that's it. I got the Titans tickets included when we participated in the Titans 5K. I can't see paying for them.

Sorry you had such a bad experience at the Chargers. :( I'd heard from several people that that's the best opposing stadium to visit, but it looks like things have changed. I had a horrible experience on opening day last year at the Broncos, so I feel your pain. I wouldn't go back there if I had free tickets on the 50 yard line.
Fingers crossed that it goes better this year at Dallas. :hope:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on the NFL...I'm still a NFL junky, but at some point you have to say no more and we all reach that point on various things. I've stopped being a gate fan a long time ago for all the major team sports.

We've been looking harder at cash leaks (repetitive monthly bills) lately and have started acting on it...dumping Directv and NFL Tkt was the start.

Stupid shit like paying $240 a mo for freakin phones...I know these are more like personal computers today, but we pared that down to by half and next yr we boot the kids off to their own plan and hopefully get that down to about $80 per mo....$3k a yr for phone, another $3k yr for TV...silly.

DTV...I wouldn't want that stock. Eventually the NFL will figure out PPV of out of market games could exceed the revenue they're getting from DirectTV. When this contract is up, I get the sense it will be the last one for exclusive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This too.

I started spending my Sundays outside about 3 years ago. I highly recommend it. Its more fun, cheaper, and more healthy that sitting on the couch for 12 hours.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the NFL...I'm still a NFL junky, but at some point you have to say no more and we all reach that point on various things. I've stopped being a gate fan a long time ago for all the major team sports.

We've been looking harder at cash leaks (repetitive monthly bills) lately and have started acting on it...dumping Directv and NFL Tkt was the start.

Stupid shit like paying $240 a mo for freakin phones...I know these are more like personal computers today, but we pared that down to by half and next yr we boot the kids off to their own plan and hopefully get that down to about $80 per mo....$3k a yr for phone, another $3k yr for TV...silly.

DTV...I wouldn't want that stock. Eventually the NFL will figure out PPV of out of market games could exceed the revenue they're getting from DirectTV. When this contract is up, I get the sense it will be the last one for exclusive.

Walmart Family Mobile with your own iPhone. Best idea ever.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This too.

I started spending my Sundays outside about 3 years ago. I highly recommend it. Its more fun, cheaper, and more healthy that sitting on the couch for 12 hours.

It felt so good this year to be one of those guys who knew less about the NBA Finals than any of my buddies. Spending time with girls instead of watching basketball with dudes is a million times better.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This too.

Depends on your Sunday and what you do all week.

Our fall/winter Sundays are usually a blustery affair. Rain, wind, inclement shit.

And I swim 5 days a week 3 K a day. Use the elliptical unit in my TV room on weekends.

I want to sit and watch NFL all day Sunday? Zero guilt....

And for the record I pay about $130 Cdn for Sunday Ticket.

And with my 6 tuner Gateway PVR I can watch in any room in the house with a TV.

The convenience of cable........

Last edited: