• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Playoffs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we showed up for our playoff games. The Cards looked like they never even got on the plane today. I don't see how the Bronco's can beat the Panthers long as they show up looking like they have against Seattle and Arizona. Manning might not even make it through the entire game.

Denver has a great defense, but I don't think they'll be able to score enough points to keep up with the Panthers. They might not even get into the end zone against this great Panthers D.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has a great defense, but I don't think they'll be able to score enough points to keep up with the Panthers. They might not even get into the end zone against this great Panthers D.
I just don't see Manning having a good day against the Panthers D. Cam is going to be fun to watch in the super bowl.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Manning having a good day against the Panthers D. Cam is going to be fun to watch in the super bowl.

Hopefully the Broncos defense can keep it close, at least the first half. Who would have thought Cam and the Panthers would be playing in the Super Bowl, in all places (Santa Clara) after the Niners throttled them in the divisional game three years ago. It just goes to show you how much Cam has progressed and improved as a QB and how Kap has regressed. Really happy for Cam and Coach Rivera.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Broncos defense can keep it close, at least the first half. Who would have thought Cam and the Panthers would be playing in the Super Bowl, in all places (Santa Clara) after the Niners throttled them in the divisional game three years ago. It just goes to show you how much Cam has progressed and improved as a QB and how Kap has regressed. Really happy for Cam and Coach Rivera.

Cam struggled his second season. He looks good right now. Mike Shula did a great job with that offense and should be an HC candidate in the near future.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam struggled his second season. He looks good right now. Mike Shula did a great job with that offense and should be an HC candidate in the near future.

He should get some considerations for HC positions next year along with Sean McDermott, the Panthers DC. He's also done a great job this year with that defense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should get some considerations for HC positions next year along with Sean McDermott, the Panthers DC. He's also done a great job this year with that defense.

Definitely. I wish we could get a DC like McDermott

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
these playoffs are like the OLD days, where defense gets you to the play-offs. Defense also gets you thru the play-offs, and on to the Superbowl. The offense always gets the attention, even more so today with rule changes, but it is defense.

Not to say you need a "shut-down" defense, cause there is no such thing today. But you need a defense that can hold the opponent down. Hold them to say 17 points, versus 27.

Looking ahead to the next few years with the 49ers, we not only need a better D, but also better depth. Not easy unless you get real lucky in later rounds of the draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these playoffs are like the OLD days, where defense gets you to the play-offs. Defense also gets you thru the play-offs, and on to the Superbowl. The offense always gets the attention, even more so today with rule changes, but it is defense.

Not to say you need a "shut-down" defense, cause there is no such thing today. But you need a defense that can hold the opponent down. Hold them to say 17 points, versus 27.

Looking ahead to the next few years with the 49ers, we not only need a better D, but also better depth. Not easy unless you get real lucky in later rounds of the draft.

I think certain things never change even though aspects of the game change. You still need balance between offense and defense. What I didn't like about the Pats during the playoffs is their inability to run the ball. Brady was throwing it almost every down. Even when only needing a yard or two on 2nd down Brady was passing it. If the Defense does not respect the run, their linemen will just pin their ears back and go after the QB and put in extra DB's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think certain things never change even though aspects of the game change. You still need balance between offense and defense. What I didn't like about the Pats during the playoffs is their inability to run the ball. Brady was throwing it almost every down. Even when only needing a yard or two on 2nd down Brady was passing it. If the Defense does not respect the run, their linemen will just pin their ears back and go after the QB and put in extra DB's.

Apparently,. Kelly runs the ball first, to set-up high percentage passes? Like this thinking because you don't just throw and throw.

Will we 'establish the run'? probably not THIS season, but IMO stick to the overall scheme.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently,. Kelly runs the ball first, to set-up high percentage passes? Like this thinking because you don't just throw and throw.

Will we 'establish the run'? probably not THIS season, but IMO stick to the overall scheme.

You know who else liked to establish the run? Jimmy Raye
Those 1 yard gains on 1st down really struck fear into those NFL defenses, but that 2 yard gain on 2nd down.... man that was indefensible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those 1 yard gains on 1st down really struck fear into those NFL defenses, but that 2 yard gain on 2nd down.... man that was indefensible.

you are implying Kelly's offense will be like Rayes.

running the ball is simpler than passing, but it isn't THAT simple as running between the tackles. To start with, Kelly uses read-option concepts, not power runs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer tried giving game away

Yes, he finally succeeded with his goal. If at first you don't succeed try (INT), try (INT) try again (INT). Oh and INT or a few fumbles for good measure. Just kidding. Ugh, I went to USC so I should be sad.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I don't think anyone stopped us from getting 2 yards on second down. Now, 2 yards on 3rd and 1? Ugh.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy Raye couldn't establish a handoff properly

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Raye couldn't establish a handoff properly

That was a torture to watch. Niners' should have paid their fans to watch that crap. Reminds me of last Sunday when my family and I went to church. During his homily, the priest was talking about suffering and mentioned Christ's suffering on the cross. He proceeded to mention other sufferings like people with illness and so forth. Then he said "If you're a Niner fan, you're really suffering." The congregation burst out laughing.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a torture to watch. Niners' should have paid their fans to watch that crap. Reminds me of last Sunday when my family and I went to church. During his homily, the priest was talking about suffering and mentioned Christ's suffering on the cross. He proceeded to mention other sufferings like people with illness and so forth. Then he said "If you're a Niner fan, you're really suffering." The congregation burst out laughing.

LOL. I swear Jimmy Raye followed the media in setting up his offense. The team started with Alex Smith behind Center and a three yards and a cloud of dust strategy. Then you read in the papers how Alex Smith should be playing in a spread offense out of the shotgun and sure enough Alex is playing out of a shotgun the following week in a spread formation throwing it almost every down.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure that was an approved joke. Just kidding.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Super Bowl. I thought Carolina was going to win. Tough game for Cam. Olines do matter