• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Playoffs

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we could use a thread. Anyone catch KC/NE game?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw most of the game and the play. Alex did a RW impression on that play. I thought Alex Smith played well today. Problem is they couldn't stop Brady and Alex isn't going to win a shootout. I thought the Chiefs oline was supposed to be bad but for most of the game Alex had all day to throw. Very little pressure.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs D blew that game. No pressure and couldn't cover anyone.
By that same token Green Bay D also blew it. All of the momentum on your side you decide not to cover Larry Fitzgerald in OT.... unbelievable.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw most of the game and the play. Alex did a RW impression on that play. I thought Alex Smith played well today. Problem is they couldn't stop Brady and Alex isn't going to win a shootout. I thought the Chiefs oline was supposed to be bad but for most of the game Alex had all day to throw. Very little pressure.

Alex Smith can win a shootout if the game is always close. He can answer point for point, it's just a lot harder when you're down by multiple scores. The reason is that he can function when all the options are on the table. When the score is multiple scores, you become one-dimensional. He isn't elite and he hasn't been on a team that is offensively talented enough for the offense to execute a one-dimensional attack when the main guy is taken away.

When all options are on the table he can get you when the main guy is taken away. Now imagine that when it is a one dimensional game, the main guy is injured, and the second guy is taken away by the defense, that's what you had yesterday.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith can win a shootout if the game is always close. He can answer point for point, it's just a lot harder when you're down by multiple scores. The reason is that he can function when all the options are on the table. When the score is multiple scores, you become one-dimensional. He isn't elite and he hasn't been on a team that is offensively talented enough for the offense to execute a one-dimensional attack when the main guy is taken away.

When all options are on the table he can get you when the main guy is taken away. Now imagine that when it is a one dimensional game, the main guy is injured, and the second guy is taken away by the defense, that's what you had yesterday.

Game mostly came down to the Chiefs D just couldn't make a play. They had several should've been picks go right through their hands. Patriots meanwhile made their play on the West fumble. Chiefs had a good drive going and would have picked up another First Down on that play in Patriots territory. Instead they get the fumble and I believe went down and scored again which is what made it a 2 score game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Alex Smith but that is who he is. KC will never get to that next level with Him.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the NFC playoffs Saturday and Sunday, it's clear that the top four teams are the Cardinals, Seahawks, Packers and Panthers. Both games were good especially the Packers/Cardinals. Panthers just dominated the first half, but give the Seahawks a lot of credit for coming back and making it interesting. It is quite obvious that the Niners have a long way to go. All these four teams have good QB which is the biggest missing piece with the Niners. Just two years ago, Kap went into Carolina in the playoffs and beat the Panthers. He even mimicked Cam's Superman's move in the endzone. Cam and the Panthers are in the NFC championship game and their future is bright. On the other hand, Kap was benched and have had several surgeries and his future is cloudy and unclear, just like the Niners. I'm hoping that Chip Kelly will bring a little bit of sunshine.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is Arizona has an old QB, Seattle is on the decline and Packers are beatable. Carolina is on the rise. They can be very good for the next 3-4 years depends how they draft on what FA will do. I dont see the 49ers that far off. They just need to get their crap together. We got a real HC now and if we can draft well and spend our money right in FA we can be right there.

Time will tell.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Alex Smith but that is who he is. KC will never get to that next level with Him.

I don't expect it, but I would rarely say never for competent experienced QBs with a good defense. The teams in the playoffs are obviously better than the regular season gamut, but it seems Sutton's D gets exposed in the postseason and by good teams.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is Arizona has an old QB, Seattle is on the decline and Packers are beatable. Carolina is on the rise. They can be very good for the next 3-4 years depends how they draft on what FA will do. I dont see the 49ers that far off. They just need to get their crap together. We got a real HC now and if we can draft well and spend our money right in FA we can be right there.

Time will tell.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time will tell.

Will have to repectfully disagree with you. Cardinals have an old QB who just had his best season and is a candidate for MVP. Niners are quite far off from the Seahawks, Cardinals, Panthers and Packers. Even with the Seahawks not as good, Niners couldn't even compete with them this year. Niners do not have a QB to beat these teams. Having Kelly will help and Niners should improve, but I don 't see them being competitive next season. I don't have any trust on Baalke even with 12 draft picks. I will certainly continue to root for the Niners, but I am a realist.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have to repectfully disagree with you. Cardinals have an old QB who just had his best season and is a candidate for MVP. Niners are quite far off from the Seahawks, Cardinals, Panthers and Packers. Even with the Seahawks not as good, Niners couldn't even compete with them this year. Niners do not have a QB to beat these teams. Having Kelly will help and Niners should improve, but I don 't see them being competitive next season. I don't have any trust on Baalke even with 12 draft picks. I will certainly continue to root for the Niners, but I am a realist.
It only takes 1 year in the NFL these days to turn it around. We agree to disagree.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It only takes 1 year in the NFL these days to turn it around. We agree to disagree.

if we had a quality QB in place, maybe one year is possible? But then again, depends on what you mean by "turn it around"?

while i'll be "realistically" optimistic as next season approaches, just don't see a good season yet? While Kelly might have some good schemes, he still doesn't have a QB nor O-line. On defense we're not BAD except we can't apply pressure. Even '2nd tier' NFL QB's can find success against little pressure.

i will think the following season to get a winning record, at earliest.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal game for Az tonight. They were outplayed Ana Palmer was just off. Tough way to end a season. At 37 years old not too many chances left

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would definitely say the window is closing and this I am sure is not how they thought they would go out. But overall, in the PO he never looked anything like the regular season QB he was.

Hopefully Manning and the Broncos learned something after getting destroyed by Seattle. Carolina will not be any easier.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going for Panthers. They deserve it. Best team all year and cam winning it is a great story. 2 years ago they were close to firing the coach and about to give up on Cam. Another super bowl loss for Payton will look bad.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we showed up for our playoff games. The Cards looked like they never even got on the plane today. I don't see how the Bronco's can beat the Panthers long as they show up looking like they have against Seattle and Arizona. Manning might not even make it through the entire game.