• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Network

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have Direct TV and typically order Sunday Ticket I never really noted but for some reason I think NFL Network shows the Sunday games in their entirety sometime during the week is this true?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly they show shortened versions of the games during the week. Basically it's just one play after another in quick succession. Whole game lasts about an hour.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have Direct TV and typically order Sunday Ticket I never really noted but for some reason I think NFL Network shows the Sunday games in their entirety sometime during the week is this true?

NFLN will air one or two games during the week from the previous Sunday, but not every game....like Cave said, I think they're condensed versions which probably won't upset anybody.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly they show shortened versions of the games during the week. Basically it's just one play after another in quick succession. Whole game lasts about an hour.
Hmm okay if so that may put an end to my plan.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN will air one or two games during the week from the previous Sunday, but not every game....like Cave said, I think they're condensed versions which probably won't upset anybody.
Thanks

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They call it "game of the week." I believe they air Tuesday and Wednesday. As @Cave_Johnson & @ATL96Steeler said, it's a very condensed version.

I have DircTV also. I get Sunday Ticket for free this year. Don't know why but I won't argue it. :yes:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call it "game of the week." I believe they air Tuesday and Wednesday. As @Cave_Johnson & @ATL96Steeler said, it's a very condensed version.

I have DircTV also. I get Sunday Ticket for free this year. Don't know why but I won't argue it. :yes:

Thanks...I knew it was 1 or 2 games.

Free Tkt....good deal!

Maybe 8 yrs ago now, but we transferred a DTV account from one house to another...part of the incentive was free Tkt...the following yr I paid whatever the going rate was ($160 or so I think). The next yr our 2 yr pkg price was over. As incentive to stay, we got the Tkt for free again...the next yr I paid the going rate ($220ish). After that 2 yr deal was up I did not threaten to leave and did not get free Tkt as incentive...I paid the going rate...this time it was $260 and coupled with the monthly service for 5 TVs the bill was $300+ per mo and I said enough.

Living out of area for Steeler games even $260 was not bad for 16 games, but ATL seems to get 8 or 9 Steeler games every yr on network TV so the $260 was really for only about 8 games. We sold that house and the incentive stuff started all over again, but I said no mas...15+ yrs with the Tkt was hard to let go at 1st but I saw every game LY (streaming for $40) and the yr before (bar).

I'll likely never go back to DTV...it seems like they value new customers over existing customers. When you finally press the right button, they send an army of retention people after you. I just got tired of the game.

When NFL games go to PPV on a individual basis for out of market games, I'll consider it again.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would miss NFLTicket more than I really do.

Now I get my games via the net for nothing.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe they show a couple of condensed games as well as a couple full (3 hour) games.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they show a couple of condensed games as well as a couple full (3 hour) games.
Yeah I guess I'll just keep my Sunday Ticket short of me winning the Lotto and moving back home only way I get all the Pats games.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess I'll just keep my Sunday Ticket short of me winning the Lotto and moving back home only way I get all the Pats games.

I did the Ticket for a few years, and 75% of the time the Pats games were broadcast on the local CBS channel or were primetime. It became a waste at that point.
So I dropped it and the local non Titan games seemed to switch to Denver.
Go figure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the Ticket for a few years, and 75% of the time the Pats games were broadcast on the local CBS channel or were primetime. It became a waste at that point.
Go figure.
There is always the sports bar option, but bars aren't really my scene, plus I am so close to full pension I can't afford any mistakes now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always the sports bar option, but bars aren't really my scene, plus I am so close to full pension I can't afford any mistakes now.

Yeah...no.
Not spending the afternoon in a bar to watch football.

Although, I did watch Monday Night Football at a strip club in Carbondale PA.
Best game ever.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...no.
Not spending the afternoon in a bar to watch football.

Although, I did watch Monday Night Football at a strip club in Carbondale PA.
Best game ever.
I bet you paid more attention the Full Back, then the fullback.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go figure.

I'm in Spokane, Wa and get to see about 11 Pats games on TV. Like you, the cost for Ticket isn't worth it.