• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP...Gronk? Mike Freeman thinks so. Here's his top 10.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing they only post it once the season is finished is why I can't find it.

Wentz 2016 was a 2.2% int rate, with an adjusted 3.0%. Just like Brady's, he should have had more picks.

Breece, Rivers, & Keenum, were the only stat qualifying QB's that were better. (For those not familiar with this stat, it means they were essentially overcharged for picks that shouldn't have been theirs.)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Adjusted Interceptions 2016

Since I brought up Brady, he was also worse, though only slightly. He had an int rate of .4%, and an adjusted rate of .7%.

Well in 2016 Wentz heaved up a ton of balls so it makes sense. It seems like last year the coaches straight up told him to just throw it up if he wasn't sure. I guess it was so he could learn what throws did and didn't work without worry about being punished by the coaches. This year his "wtf are you doing" passes have pretty much gone away.

I was pretty anti-doug pederson when they brought him in but I have to give him credit for that he's done with the team and growing Wentz.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Gronk took over in the last two games particularly against Pittsburgh. I can only hope its continues through the playoffs. Gronk should get a Superbowl MVP

They played the Superbowl? What did his stat line look like?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adjusted Int, in his case the adjusted was worse than the actual. Not worse as in all time.

He had the best td/ratio last year of all time last season 14/1 have no clue why you are saying worse. this year it's not even close. You can take dropped passes, passes off a cheerleaders ass, or Belichicks homeless hoodie, doesn't matter, all Qb's have that. He is far less efficient last 4 games than he was last year..

Ever hear of the Innocence Project? I think you think you work for the Pat's Innocence Project always defending them or asking others for proof. Who give s a fuck if they cheated, took air out of balls, filmed everyone inc Goodell 69ing with Mara, I sure in hell don't . Try being less defensive in 2018 because bottom line is Pats don't give a fuck about you or me.

Happy New Year btw to you and your family NEP!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fair.

and im not knocking gurley. hes sick. but if you take gronk off this team, the leading receiver is cooks (whos slowed down to a snails pace) and danny emendola, followed by hogan whos been out for 2 months.

this team is dead in the water without gronk.

gronk is tied for 7th in FD's. best among TE's.

That's only because Brady needs glasses.
He can't see any of the other receivers.....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had the best td/ratio last year of all time last season 14/1 have no clue why you are saying worse. this year it's not even close. You can take dropped passes, passes off a cheerleaders ass, or Belichicks homeless hoodie, doesn't matter, all Qb's have that. He is far less efficient last 4 games than he was last year..

Ever hear of the Innocence Project? I think you think you work for the Pat's Innocence Project always defending them or asking others for proof. Who give s a fuck if they cheated, took air out of balls, filmed everyone inc Goodell 69ing with Mara, I sure in hell don't . Try being less defensive in 2018 because bottom line is Pats don't give a fuck about you or me.

Worse has to do between two different stats, not different seasons, and we don't have this years adjusted int% yet.

You clearly aren't understanding the stat.

Also, it's not defending him, it's simply looking at a measurement to see how he's really doing in that category. Last year it turned out he was actually a just a smidgen worse than the standard int%, 4%, and .7% adjusted. Not by much, and was still #1-2 overall compared to all other qbs.

Most QBs are worse in the int % category once you adjust it, only a small few were actually better.

It's just a stat, and it may not support Brady, and my actually bolster your point.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Adjusted Interceptions 2016

Happy New Year! :suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In four games in December, Brady has more interceptions than touchdowns (5-4) and a passer rating of 81.5 — good for 19th-best in the NFL, and lower than such noted gunslingers as Nick Foles and Mitchell Trubisky. Jimmy Garoppolo has outperformed Brady in almost every statistic.

Go back an extra week, and Brady has thrown an interception in five straight games (six total), the first time he has done so since Weeks 2-6 in 2002. And he has gone five straight games without 300 passing yards for the first time since Weeks 1-5 in 2014.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sonnyblack65

Here is an example of a couple of guys that should have thrown more than they actually did. Roethlisberger at nearly a 5% clip, and Elite Manning at just over 4% clip. Yikes!

This would be an example of the stat showing that they were actually much worse than the double digit picks they threw.

upload_2017-12-30_16-36-29.png

In the end, I just think it's a better stat to look at, doesn't matter which QB we are discussing.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In four games in December, Brady has more interceptions than touchdowns (5-4) and a passer rating of 81.5 — good for 19th-best in the NFL, and lower than such noted gunslingers as Nick Foles and Mitchell Trubisky. Jimmy Garoppolo has outperformed Brady in almost every statistic.

Go back an extra week, and Brady has thrown an interception in five straight games (six total), the first time he has done so since Weeks 2-6 in 2002. And he has gone five straight games without 300 passing yards for the first time since Weeks 1-5 in 2014.

Though not satisfactory, you also have to take into account where they were playing, who they were playing, and what he had to work with.

He needs to do better, for certain, however it's not yet a red flag.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better. Lol.

I'm on a roll.

I just won my FF superbowl by predicting exactly what I needed to win in the 4th quarter of the Eagles-Raiders game.

Foles needed to throw an INT (he did)

Foles, Lynch and Jeffries needed not to score more than 5 pts. (They didn't )

The game needed to be won in regulation. (It was)

Kismet..:thumb:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on a roll.

I just won my FF superbowl by predicting exactly what I needed to win in the 4th quarter of the Eagles-Raiders game.

Foles needed to throw an INT (he did)

Foles, Lynch and Jeffries needed not to score more than 5 pts. (They didn't )

The game needed to be won in regulation. (It was)

Kismet..:thumb:

Can I borrow a little of that magic for tomorrow? Could use a Seattle and Carolina victory.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Could a Wide-Open MVP Race Get Gronk'd?

Now, the scout's rankings:

First: Rob Gronkowski. "Tom [Brady] hasn't been Tom. He's still great but hasn't played at that level we're used to seeing. I feel like Gronk has saved the Patriots. What he did against the Steelers was one of the best tight end performances of the past 30 or 40 years."

(Can you be MVP if you missed a game down the stretch? And missed that game because of a one-contest suspension for a horrible cheap shot?)

"Yes, of course you can. Are you stupid?"

I am (even though the scout didn't actually say that), but let's move on.

Second: Aaron Donald.
"I haven't seen a lineman, [playing] on the inside or out, have a year like this in a long time. If you took a camera and put it on him and people could watch just him play, he'd win the MVP hands down."

Third: Russell Wilson. "If the Seahawks make the playoffs, I'd move him to first or second. No one is better today at making something out of nothing."

Fourth: Todd Gurley. "Love his skill. Love everything he does. But to me, he's more of a flashy candidate."

Fifth: Tom Brady. "It's unfair to him. He's so good he's created unfair standards for himself. Any normal year, he's No. 1 easy."

Sixth: Cam Newton. "A very inspirational player. Rallies the team. Does a lot with less."

Seventh: Drew Brees. "He's been helped by the running game, but when teams focus on that, Drew kills them."

Eighth: Ben Roethlisberger. "I personally think this is the best year he's ever had." (I asked why he's not ranked higher.) "He's got a ton of help around him on offense. It's the most loaded offense in football."

Ninth: Le'Veon Bell.
"Debated ranking him higher."

Tenth: Case Keenum. "I'm probably just as guilty as a lot of press and fans. I'm waiting for him to screw up more than appreciating how good he's been."

Only weekend fans give a shit about the MVP. Half the people on this board, including me, can't even remember who won it last year. That being said, Todd Gurley has something like the fourth yards from scrimmage in NFL history this year. He's the MVP. Anyone who ranks him fourth is an obvious dumbass who's opinion should be given no consideration whatsoever.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Mike Freeman used to write for the Boston Globe? LOL. Uh huh.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only weekend fans give a shit about the MVP. Half the people on this board, including me, can't even remember who won it last year. That being said, Todd Gurley has something like the fourth yards from scrimmage in NFL history this year. He's the MVP. Anyone who ranks him fourth is an obvious dumbass who's opinion should be given no consideration whatsoever.

Matt Ryan. You're welcome.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers should have won. The refs were the Patriots' MVP in that game.

Yes, they should ignore the rules so that a team other than the Patriots should win.

Or were you talking about the fact their coaching staff and QB shit down their own legs when the game was on the line?