• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP...Gronk? Mike Freeman thinks so. Here's his top 10.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Could a Wide-Open MVP Race Get Gronk'd?

Now, the scout's rankings:

First: Rob Gronkowski. "Tom [Brady] hasn't been Tom. He's still great but hasn't played at that level we're used to seeing. I feel like Gronk has saved the Patriots. What he did against the Steelers was one of the best tight end performances of the past 30 or 40 years."

(Can you be MVP if you missed a game down the stretch? And missed that game because of a one-contest suspension for a horrible cheap shot?)

"Yes, of course you can. Are you stupid?"

I am (even though the scout didn't actually say that), but let's move on.

Second: Aaron Donald.
"I haven't seen a lineman, [playing] on the inside or out, have a year like this in a long time. If you took a camera and put it on him and people could watch just him play, he'd win the MVP hands down."

Third: Russell Wilson. "If the Seahawks make the playoffs, I'd move him to first or second. No one is better today at making something out of nothing."

Fourth: Todd Gurley. "Love his skill. Love everything he does. But to me, he's more of a flashy candidate."

Fifth: Tom Brady. "It's unfair to him. He's so good he's created unfair standards for himself. Any normal year, he's No. 1 easy."

Sixth: Cam Newton. "A very inspirational player. Rallies the team. Does a lot with less."

Seventh: Drew Brees. "He's been helped by the running game, but when teams focus on that, Drew kills them."

Eighth: Ben Roethlisberger. "I personally think this is the best year he's ever had." (I asked why he's not ranked higher.) "He's got a ton of help around him on offense. It's the most loaded offense in football."

Ninth: Le'Veon Bell.
"Debated ranking him higher."

Tenth: Case Keenum. "I'm probably just as guilty as a lot of press and fans. I'm waiting for him to screw up more than appreciating how good he's been."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DirtDirtDirt

interesting notion. see the bold on gronk, FYI. guess i wasnt alone...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England thought Mike Freeman was a clueless idiot

Than today happened

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not bad for a guy who "cant get separation anymore" huh?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Could a Wide-Open MVP Race Get Gronk'd?

Now, the scout's rankings:

First: Rob Gronkowski. "Tom [Brady] hasn't been Tom. He's still great but hasn't played at that level we're used to seeing. I feel like Gronk has saved the Patriots. What he did against the Steelers was one of the best tight end performances of the past 30 or 40 years."

(Can you be MVP if you missed a game down the stretch? And missed that game because of a one-contest suspension for a horrible cheap shot?)

"Yes, of course you can. Are you stupid?"

I am (even though the scout didn't actually say that), but let's move on.

Second: Aaron Donald.
"I haven't seen a lineman, [playing] on the inside or out, have a year like this in a long time. If you took a camera and put it on him and people could watch just him play, he'd win the MVP hands down."

Third: Russell Wilson. "If the Seahawks make the playoffs, I'd move him to first or second. No one is better today at making something out of nothing."

Fourth: Todd Gurley. "Love his skill. Love everything he does. But to me, he's more of a flashy candidate."

Fifth: Tom Brady. "It's unfair to him. He's so good he's created unfair standards for himself. Any normal year, he's No. 1 easy."

Sixth: Cam Newton. "A very inspirational player. Rallies the team. Does a lot with less."

Seventh: Drew Brees. "He's been helped by the running game, but when teams focus on that, Drew kills them."

Eighth: Ben Roethlisberger. "I personally think this is the best year he's ever had." (I asked why he's not ranked higher.) "He's got a ton of help around him on offense. It's the most loaded offense in football."

Ninth: Le'Veon Bell.
"Debated ranking him higher."

Tenth: Case Keenum. "I'm probably just as guilty as a lot of press and fans. I'm waiting for him to screw up more than appreciating how good he's been."

tenor.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...mull this over.

where is this pats team with no gronk? honest...10-6?

if you look at his biggest games, the only one they lose without him is Pittsburgh, and we know what happened in that game with him

Now Ill ask you, where are the Rams without Todd Gurley?

Maybe 2-14 ?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you look at his biggest games, the only one they lose without him is Pittsburgh, and we know what happened in that game with him

Now Ill ask you, where are the Rams without Todd Gurley?

Maybe 2-14 ?

remember, gronk has i believe 3-4 GW TD's this year. keep that in mind. (heard the stat on the radio, whatever he is at leads the NFL)
no, no way on gurley. if anything, goff has helped make gurley better. that down field threat keeps D's honest, and gives gurley a lot of room before he hits the 2nd level. he didnt have that last year. 8 in the box all day. maybe 10-6, 9-7....which is still a COY candidate for improvement.

people had this pats team at 19-0 (not me!). edelman went down. mitchell. hogan. down the line...

they signed kenny britt out of desperation. no gronk...i say the same, 10-6.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gronk leads the pats in catches, yards, and TD's.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That cheap shot he did and the suspension for it rule him out.
thats fair.

and im not knocking gurley. hes sick. but if you take gronk off this team, the leading receiver is cooks (whos slowed down to a snails pace) and danny emendola, followed by hogan whos been out for 2 months.

this team is dead in the water without gronk.

gronk is tied for 7th in FD's. best among TE's.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember, gronk has i believe 3-4 GW TD's this year. keep that in mind. (heard the stat on the radio, whatever he is at leads the NFL)
no, no way on gurley. if anything, goff has helped make gurley better. that down field threat keeps D's honest, and gives gurley a lot of room before he hits the 2nd level. he didnt have that last year. 8 in the box all day. maybe 10-6, 9-7....which is still a COY candidate for improvement.

people had this pats team at 19-0 (not me!). edelman went down. mitchell. hogan. down the line...

they signed kenny britt out of desperation. no gronk...i say the same, 10-6.

Gurley has 2100 yards combined and 19 TD's

Rob Gronkowski has 1084 yards and 8 TD's

I mean, Gurley has only 5 less receptions

This isnt even a conversation, you found one idiot on the entire internet that thinks Gronks the MVP (besides all the idiots about to jump on this thread)

You can find 800 thousand idiots on the internet that say Gurley is the MVP

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fair.

and im not knocking gurley. hes sick. but if you take gronk off this team, the leading receiver is cooks (whos slowed down to a snails pace) and danny emendola, followed by hogan whos been out for 2 months.

this team is dead in the water without gronk.

gronk is tied for 7th in FD's. best among TE's.

Youre on Crack, your homersim is just off the charts drug use

The Pats have blown teams out all season in games Gronk did nothing or not much

By 16 over Atlanta - 3 for 51
By 25 over Denver - 4 for 74
By 25 over Oakland - 3 for 37
By 18 over Miami - 4 for 82
By 21 over Buffalo - 5 for 67

Gronk wasnt the difference in those wins, not even close

Go look at Gurley in Rams wins

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...mull this over.

where is this pats team with no gronk? honest...10-6?
So the Pats are 2 games worse without Gronk.

Gurley has 5 less receptions than Gronk. 296 less receiving yards. 1305 more rushing yards. That's over 1000 more yards than Gronk. Gurley also has 11 more TD's than Gronk.

Gronk isn't in the discussion.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pats are 2 games worse without Gronk.

Gurley has 5 less receptions than Gronk. 296 less receiving yards. 1305 more rushing yards. That's over 1000 more yards than Gronk. Gurley also has 11 more TD's than Gronk.

Gronk isn't in the discussion.

If I search the internet hard enough, maybe I can find an Eli Manning for MVP article

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley has 2100 yards combined and 19 TD's

Rob Gronkowski has 1084 yards and 8 TD's

I mean, Gurley has only 5 less receptions

This isnt even a conversation, you found one idiot on the entire internet that thinks Gronks the MVP (besides all the idiots about to jump on this thread)

You can find 800 thousand idiots on the internet that say Gurley is the MVP
gurleys having a great year, for sure.

its MVP, not best numbers. IMO, i dont even think brady is the team MVP. its gronk. at RB, gurley is the guy. one man show. gronks sharing receptions and targets. hes the most valuable player on a soon to be 13 win team. he may win MVP and comeback player of the year.