• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP...Gronk? Mike Freeman thinks so. Here's his top 10.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earlier in this thread..
Lying Netpatsfan said:
You didn't say only this season, you suggested year in and year out, now didn't you. TB is just as good against every other div in the NFL, if not better. It's simply a fact that dismantles that idiotic notion you have.

your new position..

No one said it wasn't slightly greater, the point being made is the rest of the NFL is helping to pull his % up. He has a winning record vs every team in the NFL with the exception of Denver.

You made an explicit claim and now you want to pretend you didn't. Because that's what you do.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said it wasn't slightly greater, the point being made is the rest of the NFL is helping to pull his % up. He has a winning record vs every team in the NFL with the exception of Denver.
You are still missing it. The rest of the NFL (besides the AFC East) is pulling the % down.

Keep studying.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Dirt being Dirt I don't see a lot of Patriot hate. It's mostly NEpatsfan trying to claim that any consideration for someone other than TB for MVP must be due to Brady Hate rather than legitimate consideration of their performance.

Most Patriot fans I know would say that this has not been an MVP season by Brady. Still very good but not MVP.
He's not had a great season I agree. Compared to other potential candidates he is having an MVPlike season. Just not a Brady MVP season. It does appear he gets judged slightly different then others.
For example some are saying what has he done recently? Yep not great but has been part of getting them to 12-3. Wilson on the other hand had 122 (I think it was) combined yards last week yet no one is bringing that up. Or how the Sea D or the ineptness of Dak, Zeke and Dez was the cause of how tgat game ended or Sea would be out of the p/o's?

Gurley a great year no doubt. My vote for OPOY.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earlier in this thread..

your new position..

You made an explicit claim and now you want to pretend you didn't. Because that's what you do.

No I made a claim that could have been worded better, then acknowledged it, and move on. Something you are incapable of doing, acknowledging error.

My overall premise was refuting @yams point that he only wins because he plays in the AFCE, when his record vs every div, the entire NFL, and every single team with the exception of Denver, is a winning record, and it's by the nearly identical % of his winning % vs the east.

This further proves you are a douchenozzle.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I generalizd iv.

That doesn't change the fact that his playing in the East has little to do with why he wins so much, and his record vs ever div, the entire NFL, every team but one proves otherwise.
He's played 250 games.
He's played the AFC east 95 times.

"Afc east has little to do with his winning"
No I made a claim that could have been worded better, then acknowledged it, and move on. Something you are incapable of doing, acknowledging error.

My overall premise was refuting @yams point that he only wins because he plays in the AFCE, when his record vs every div, the entire NFL, and every single team with the exception of Denver, is a winning record, and it's by the nearly identical % of his winning % vs the east.

LMFAO.

This guy just corrected someone who copied and pasted what he said.

This is bad. So bad.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still missing it. The rest of the NFL (besides the AFC East) is pulling the % down.

Keep studying.

It's statistically insignificant, as you were already shown.

And the NFL is helping to bring his % up. I'm pretty sure it goes up every time they play and he wins.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played 250 games.

LMFAO.

This is bad. So bad.

He's played 286 games, and has won 220 of them.

Keep trying.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this hasn't been a NE hate thread at all, even though one poster will try to tell you different. Most of us think Brady is top 2 right now. Which I think is fair and accurate. Gurley, Brady Smith and a couple others deserve consideration.
My comment wasn't meant to be directed at this thread only. Between the Harrison threads, this thread and the MF kidding me thread. NE pretty much dominating the majority of posts.

There definitely are a few flame stokers out there:lm::mad2::D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not had a great season I agree. Compared to other potential candidates he is having an MVPlike season. Just not a Brady MVP season. It does appear he gets judged slightly different then others.
For example some are saying what has he done recently? Yep not great but has been part of getting them to 12-3. Wilson on the other hand had 122 (I think it was) combined yards last week yet no one is bringing that up. Or how the Sea D or the ineptness of Dak, Zeke and Dez was the cause of how tgat game ended or Sea would be out of the p/o's?

Gurley a great year no doubt. My vote for OPOY.

The Seahawks offense has extraordinarily bad. Non-existent running game, a TE who only catches the football in the endzone, and an offensive line that is embarrassingly bad. He is responsible for everyone offensive TD the team has scored this year but 1.

Statistically Wilson doesn't really measure up. It's only when you take the above into account that he enters the conversation.

I would still probably give it to Gurley though.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played 250 games.

LMFAO.

This is bad. So bad.

Yes, he copied and pasted something prior to where I acknowledged I should have worded it better. Congrats.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks offense has extraordinarily bad. Non-existent running game, a TE who only catches the football in the endzone, and an offensive line that is embarrassingly bad. He is responsible for everyone offensive TD the team has scored this year but 1.

Statistically Wilson doesn't really measure up. It's only when you take the above into account that he enters the conversation.

Do you even follow your own fav. team? He stats are in the neighborhood of Brady's, it's his losses that are hurting him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No you didn't. You accused me of being a cherry picker because I showed your claim was false. Then you changed your argument on the fly. You NEVER EVER acknowledge an error.

Playing in a consistently weak division certainly helps the Patriots. It's not the only reason why they are good but it certainly helps them win the division every year. He's beaten the Bills 28 times in 31 games. The Jets 24 times in 31 games. To pretend that this hasn't helped them is to ignore the obvious.

And he doesn't have a winning record against 2 teams, neither of which are the Broncos.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. You accused me of being a cherry picker because I showed your claim was false. Then you changed your argument on the fly. You NEVER EVER acknowledge an error.

Playing in a consistently weak division certainly helps the Patriots. It's not the only reason why they are good but it certainly helps them win the division every year. He's beaten the Bills 28 times in 31 games. The Jets 24 times in 31 games. To pretend that this hasn't helped them is to ignore the obvious.

And he doesn't have a winning record against 2 teams, neither of which are the Broncos.

You are such a douchebag.

I have acknowledged it several times on this thread, but as always with you, you will pretend not to see what hurts your argument. It's why no one thinks you have any credibility.

The AFCE hasn't always been weak during his entire career, that's revisionist history.

His record vs the AFCE is nearly identical to his record vs the rest of the NFL. He wins at about 77% vs each.

It's a weak argument to talk about the division he plays in, as if he/they are responsible for the shitting coaching and management of the other teams, currently. But even with that said, he/they, go out and beat the rest of the NFL at the same clip.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are such a douchebag.

I have acknowledged it several times on this thread, but as always with you, you will pretend not to see what hurts your argument. It's why no one thinks you have any credibility.

The AFCE hasn't always been weak during his entire career, that's revisionist history.

His record vs the AFCE is nearly identical to his record vs the rest of the NFL. He wins at about 77% vs each.

It's a weak argument to talk about the division he plays in, as if he/they are responsible for the shitting coaching and management of the other teams, currently. But even with that said, he/they, go out and beat the rest of the NFL at the same clip.

Since the current divisional structure, there have been 6 non-Patriot teams to win 10 or more games in that division. Only 2 teams have won 11 games. No teams have won more than 11.

The Patriots aren't responsible for their competition. But ignoring that has been pretty weak is to ignore the obvious, which you love to do.

BTW, you challenging the credibility of others is just..... delicious.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the current divisional structure, there have been 6 non-Patriot teams to win 10 or more games in that division. Only 2 teams have won 11 games. No teams have won more than 11.

The Patriots aren't responsible for their competition. But ignoring that has been pretty weak is to ignore the obvious, which you love to do.

What's to ignore? Using your logic they should being winning at a higher rate in the AFCE, they aren't, they are winning at the same rate as against the rest of the NFL 77%.

Try again.

You having 0.0 credibility doesn't make for much of a challenge. You are wrong constantly, and you are never man enough to admit it. Those are facts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try an avoid the injury bug or what I'll term the excuse debate. That opens up another whole subjective can of worms.
There are so many untangibles that if not included in the vote should be.
Someone mentioned Wentz throwing more TDS. Very accurate but NE more than most teams distribute the ball better than most. They are currently 4th for rushing TDs. Philly is 9 or 10. What is surprising is TB12 doesn't have even one. OK stop laughing. He's usually good for a couple one yard sneaks a year. They've done quite a few less QB sneaks anywhere on the field this season:scratch:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try an avoid the injury bug or what I'll term the excuse debate. That opens up another whole subjective can of worms.
There are so many untangibles that if not included in the vote should be.
Someone mentioned Wentz throwing more TDS. Very accurate but NE more than most teams distribute the ball better than most. They are currently 4th for rushing TDs. Philly is 9 or 10. What is surprising is TB12 doesn't have even one. OK stop laughing. He's usually good for a couple one yard sneaks a year. They've done quite a few less QB sneaks anywhere on the field this season:scratch:

But, but, but they play in the AFCE