• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL League Office Hands New England Patriots Laughable Cupcake Schedule; Football World Yawns

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • First four games include three cupcakes (because Brady will be suspended for cheating at least those weeks - I call for an entire season)
  • A grand total of two, count 'em two tough home opponents
  • 8 days off before playing Ravens
  • 14 days off before playing Seahawks
  • Week 9 bye
  • No back-to-back West Coast games (Kraft insisted on this, Kraft got this)
  • Five, count 'em FIVE prime time games
And the Boston Globe only calls this a "favorable" schedule for the Patriots :rolleyes2:

First 4 teams a combined 36-28 last year. 1 losing record team from the previous season there.

End with 2 out of 3 on the road.

Have to go on the road against the Cards, Bronco's and Steelers. meaning 3 of the 4 division champs they play are on the road.

Back to back short weeks at the end of the year. Short week going on the road at Denver, short week at home vs. Jets the very next week.

4 out of 5 games around that bye week are on the road. It's a good time for a bye week. The year before they had a week 4 bye week, 1 of 2 teams to get screwed by the bye week before week 5. Are you expecting the league to screw them every single year on their bye week timing?

They don't play back to back road games on the west coast because they only play 1 road game vs. a west coast team (49ers). Kind of impossible unless you decide to make a Jets game in Portland or something.. Yes Kraft got that... It would be an impossibility to play back to back west coast road games in a row when you have 1 west coast road game on your schedule.

Yes they get a lot of prime time games, which I don't see makes it easier.. NE has a .75% winning percentage on non-prime time games under Belichick, a .68% winning percentage in prime time games.

A lot of this just seems made up to me. Not a NE fan, but not a hater who's willing to bypass logic to hate them either.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an impossibility to play back to back west coast road games in a row when you have 1 west coast road game on your schedule.

I think they've had a midwest-west road trip in the recent past. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall Bill B having them simply stay west,,,,,

Not that that is against what you said.

Just how they'd handle it.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've had a midwest-west road trip in the recent past. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall Bill B having them simply stay west,,,,,

Not that that is against what you said.

Just how they'd handle it.

Yes, but if someone is complaining that they don't have back to back road trips to the west coast when they only have 1 west coast game, that's just making up complaints if you ask me to whine. It's like me saying they don't play back to back games in London, so that's proof the NFL is favoring them. Not really a relevant reason if it's an impossibility right?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if someone is complaining that they don't have back to back road trips to the west coast when they only have 1 west coast game, that's just making up complaints if you ask me to whine. It's like me saying they don't play back to back games in London, so that's proof the NFL is favoring them. Not really a relevant reason if it's an impossibility right?

I'm in the choir......

Nudge, nudge....

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the patriots have a cakewalk of a division... But here is the thing, they somehow have the easiest schedule in their division...

Did anyone see the Craptastical Jets schedule?? Now that is a difficult schedule...

Are you new to the NFL and how they schedule games?

NE and NYJ have 12 common opponents..
- 4 games vs Dolphins and Bills
- 4 games vs AFC North (Pitt, Balt, Cin, Clev)
- 4 games vs NFC West (Sea, Ari, SF, StL)

2 games decided how you finished 2015
- NE - at Den and Tex
- NYJ - @ KC and Indy

That is at best a push on difficulty.

Only reason NYJ schedule is more difficult is because their other 2 games they have to play NE. NE has it much easier... they play the Jets :suds:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you new to the NFL and how they schedule games?

NE and NYJ have 12 common opponents..
- 4 games vs Dolphins and Bills
- 4 games vs AFC North (Pitt, Balt, Cin, Clev)
- 4 games vs NFC West (Sea, Ari, SF, StL)

2 games decided how you finished 2015
- NE - at Den and Tex
- NYJ - @ KC and Indy

That is at best a push on difficulty.

Only reason NYJ schedule is more difficult is because their other 2 games they have to play NE. NE has it much easier... they play the Jets :suds:

And if you wanted to look at the Jets schedule you could say some of the same things you hear about NE's..

Jets finish the year with their last 8 weeks being a bye, 5 of their final 7 games at home, and the Pats being the only winning opponent from the year before.

They get their bye week before the NE game.

Their short weeks are... Week 2 against the Bills when they are still fresh, and a day short vs. the 5 win Ravens, 5 win 49ers, and 6 win Dolphins.

Or Buffalo, 3 of their last 4 at home. End the year with Jags, Raiders, Steelers, Browns, Dolphins and Jets (2 wild card teams and 4 teams with losing records). Only one back to back road trip. Get a bye after their MNF game, so no short week there, their Thurs game is week 2, their only other short week is at home vs. Miami.

I don't see either team having something like Philly either... 3 straight games against teams coming off bye weeks. Not going to even complain about that, it's part of the luck.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that? There's sure a lot of conspiracists round these parts if everyone knows something like that.

Or did your sarcasm go right over my head?
A little of both...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I listened to it again. Here it is verbatim.

{spoken in barely-coherent Southie accent} "Yeah, youse fuckin guise tell that fuckin Hammer cocksucker if he doesn't fuckin shut the fuck up I'm going to fuckin bring Whitey fuckin Bulger and Nick the fuckin Cook outta fuckin retirement."

Hammer no connection but I saw the video Brady put out for you and Kasper congrats

Why did Tom Brady send a message to a soccer goalkeeper?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a NE fan, but not a hater who's willing to bypass logic to hate them either.

One of my biggest pet peeves in life: Using the word "hate" so loosely. Do you honestly think that calling the Patriots schedule a cupcake is "hatred"? Do you know what "hate" means?

You might hate teams, athletes, etc. I don't. Keep that word to yourself. :hand:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my biggest pet peeves in life: Using the word "hate" so loosely. Do you honestly think that calling the Patriots schedule a cupcake is "hatred"? Do you know what "hate" means?

You might hate teams, athletes, etc. I don't. Keep that word to yourself. :hand:

I just see a hate filled post here. Sorry just calling it as I see it Hammer

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been bad before but this is just flat absurd. :mad2:

"When you've won your division seven times in a row and 13 times in the past 15 years, there's no such thing as a bad schedule, especially given that what should have been a tough trip to Denver now will involve playing Mark Sanchez"

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When you've won your division seven times in a row and 13 times in the past 15 years, there's no such thing as a bad schedule, especially given that what should have been a tough trip to Denver now will involve playing Mark Sanchez"

Sanchise, will just be another Denver QB who beats NE.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southie unfortunately it doesn't matter who or even what is QBing down in Denver, Pats always struggle

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I'm looking over the Patriots schedule and they don't have to play any good teams this year. Not only that, but every QB they face sucks ballz and the opposing coaches are a bunch of tards.

Should be a cakewalk.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I'm looking over the Patriots schedule and they don't have to play any good teams this year. Not only that, but every QB they face sucks ballz and the opposing coaches are a bunch of tards.

Should be a cakewalk.

That there is the Kiss of Death.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are such a flaming homer.

Go ahead and post the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins records over the past 6 years if you think they are so great. There won't be one impressive record among the three. But for some reason you think only their record against non AFC east opponents matters which is also asinine because even those records aren't special.

Good lord man would you be defending the Texans, Jags, and Titans the same way if you were in there division? They are all terrible too. You added it up yourself and found out those three teams have a combined 3 wins more than the three shitty teams in your own division which you somehow think are competitive. Are you saying for the past 10 years the Jags, Titans and Texans have been hard to beat? Get a grip man, when you defend the Pats you dig in like a tick and won't budge no matter how ridiculous your logic sounds. There isn't a single fan outside of Boston who would claim the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have been worth a dam in the past 10 years and that even includes fans of those teams. But in your fanboy head you think their overall record is meaningless because of the Pats greatness. You're a clown.

So you have no evidence or support to back up your shitty opinion. But thanks for the paragraph. You bandwagon seahawk fans are the worst.