• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL League Office Hands New England Patriots Laughable Cupcake Schedule; Football World Yawns

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody gives a shit about the also ran teams. Injuries, schedule, motivation etc can lead to some statistical edge for one or the other, doesn't mean squat. The fact is the other teams in your division are owned by inept owners, who have hired and fired the wrong folks. Not a one has come up with a franchise QB for like forever. Nobody believes those teams have been good, not even Pats fans, but carry on trying to convince us of the absurd in a needless effort to convince folks the Pats are actually good. We know they've been good, but never the less the division has been a cupcake for them for a long time.

"No one believes it, so let's not look at the facts and just continue going with what everyone else thinks" - sheeple.
Next you'll tell us the AFC South flotsam and jetsam is better than the AFC East.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion is the Jets, Bills, Dolphins are "cupcakes" and when they do make the playoffs it's due to luck. Isn't that about right?

Further, I suspect if pressed you'd have the opinion that if the Broncos had switched places with the Pats and been in the AFC East the last 15 years, they would have won the division every single year. Right?
No and no.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a quick historic search and found these facts between AFCE teams, excluding the Pats, against the Broncos.

Against Bills: Have met 37 times (including one postseason game), Broncos winning 16 and the Tatankas 20 times, one tie. :eek:

Against Dolphins: Have met 18 times (including one postseason game), Broncos winning 6 and the Guppies 11 times, one tie. :eek: :eek:

Against Jets: Have met 35 times (including one postseason game), Broncos winning 19 and the Robins 15 times, one tie. Good work.

If we look at the totals, we have:
Broncos against the AFCE, not including the Pats.
AFCE: 46
Broncos: 41
WTF?

In before someone says old records don't count. It's the NFL, everything counts.
That's all well and good, and of course those records count, but we're talking about the AFC East for the last 10 years. So bringing up the Broncos all time record against non Patriot AFC East teams isn't really germane.

But hey, at least we have that 30-21 record against the Patriots to fall back on, including 4-1 in the playoffs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No one believes it, so let's not look at the facts and just continue going with what everyone else thinks" - sheeple.
Next you'll tell us the AFC South flotsam and jetsam is better than the AFC East.
Don't deflect the argument to other divisions. Answer me these questions.

1) Our the other teams in the AFC East owned by inept owners, who have hired inept GM, who have drafted lame QBs and made foolish FA signings in a attempt to make up on their other mistakes?

2) Have you ever been seriously worried about winning the division?

3) Is it possible for you to admit that the division has been a blessing?

Please don't hang your hat on some bogus stats, be honest.:hope:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, and of course those records count, but we're talking about the AFC East for the last 10 years. So bringing up the Broncos all time record against non Patriot AFC East teams isn't really germane.

But hey, at least we have that 30-21 record against the Patriots to fall back on, including 4-1 in the playoffs.
It's not bad either, for a decade. My point is that those three teams are competitive, they can beat the best, and have done it recently. Within a division, the Pats have it figured it out, but that does make non-div games easier. It's the Pats time and as said the chat boards have a lot to with it. There was no Internet for the 70-80s great franchises; Broncos may have caught the tail end of early modems; Pats claim to fame more or less coincides with www boom. I think it is normal for the team to be scrutinized.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bad either, for a decade. My point is that those three teams are competitive, they can beat the best, and have done it recently. Within a division, the Pats have it figured it out, but that does make non-div games easier. It's the Pats time and as said the chat boards have a lot to with it. There was no Internet for the 70-80s great franchises; Broncos may have caught the tail end of early modems; Pats claim to fame more or less coincides with www boom. I think it is normal for the team to be scrutinized.
But you used the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills ENTIRE HISTORY to suggest that the AFC East hasn't been bad for the last 10 years. Don't you see how that's not really a relevant argument?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you used the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills ENTIRE HISTORY to suggest that the AFC East hasn't been bad for the last 10 years. Don't you see how that's not really a relevant argument?
No my friend, read more closely, I did not say that at all. I set the stage, which was historical context, then replied to your post according to more current figures.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2016-4-15_18-20-35.png

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't deflect the argument to other divisions. Answer me these questions.

1) Our the other teams in the AFC East owned by inept owners, who have hired inept GM, who have drafted lame QBs and made foolish FA signings in a attempt to make up on their other mistakes?
I don't think the D/B/Js owners are any better or worse than 50% of the other owners. Why don't you make a list of moves/signings that you think sets them apart from any of the stupid shit done by the Browns/Jags/Titans/Rams/49ers/Skins/Lions (do I need to even mention this one)/Bears/Raiders/Eagles/Buccs
2) Have you ever been seriously worried about winning the division?
Nope. But that's because I think the Pats are good. I think BB is the best coach in the league, one of the better GMs, and I think Brady is one of the best QBs. Not because I think the D/B/Js are push overs or will lose to the Pats or extradivisional teams.
3) Is it possible for you to admit that the division has been a blessing?
Not as much of a blessing as the AFC South would be and has been. But put it to you this way, If the NFL came to me and said: we are going to realign the league, we'll let you put the Pats in any division with three teams of your choosing to beat up on, I wouldn't put the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills in that division. (be more like the Lions/Titans/Jags or maybe the Browns)
Please don't hang your hat on some bogus stats, be honest.:hope:

If you believe won/loss records are "bogus" stats, you really shouldn't be following competitive sports.

You're basically embracing opinions like "I think the 2015 Red Sox were better than the 2015 Royals."

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't seem to like the stats that say that over the last six the DJBs haven't been bad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody in the last 11 pages mentioned that "the league" does not pick the teams? They do set the schedule, but the teams that meet each other are completely determined by placement within the division and a rotating and predetermined sequence of which divisions they "go through."

This year they go through the AFC North, which may or may not have 2 good teams and 2 stinkers. Same with the NFC West. They play the Texans and the Broncos because the Patriots won their division and Texans and Broncos won theirs. They play 3 stinky teams 2 times each because the other teams in the AFC East suck.

Nobody made any decisions on that. A computer could have printed out the team list the night the regular season ended.

There's some flexibility in home/away decisions, I think. The Pats are an easier team to schedule because there's no baseball in Foxboro, so MLB playoffs don't factor into the scheduling.
No, no one mentioned that because everyone knows that and everyone knows that everyone else knows that too

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at overall picture, the league has a process, but I'm willing to bet that way back in the 60s, 70s, 80s there was dubious to be sure, but you didn't have the Internet to yell at the world about it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to like the stats that say that over the last six the DJBs haven't been bad.

You are such a flaming homer.

Go ahead and post the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins records over the past 6 years if you think they are so great. There won't be one impressive record among the three. But for some reason you think only their record against non AFC east opponents matters which is also asinine because even those records aren't special.

Good lord man would you be defending the Texans, Jags, and Titans the same way if you were in there division? They are all terrible too. You added it up yourself and found out those three teams have a combined 3 wins more than the three shitty teams in your own division which you somehow think are competitive. Are you saying for the past 10 years the Jags, Titans and Texans have been hard to beat? Get a grip man, when you defend the Pats you dig in like a tick and won't budge no matter how ridiculous your logic sounds. There isn't a single fan outside of Boston who would claim the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have been worth a dam in the past 10 years and that even includes fans of those teams. But in your fanboy head you think their overall record is meaningless because of the Pats greatness. You're a clown.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that's been consistent over the years is Brady and BB. They draft well, coached well and play very well on the field. The Jets, Bills and Dolphins can't say the same because owners and upper management consistently spin their tires by going through the same garbage process of firing coaches over and over, horrible drafting and down right horrid play on the field. Even when there's a hint a team could emerge to challenge the Pats, they fall flat. It's not the Pats fault these 3 teams can't get out of their own way and it's not the Pats fault for dominating the AFCE for so many years because of it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no one mentioned that because everyone knows that and everyone knows that everyone else knows that too

You sure about that? There's sure a lot of conspiracists round these parts if everyone knows something like that.

Or did your sarcasm go right over my head?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The League should make them play the Titans and Chargers every week. That would be hard.

I was trying earlier to put into words just how abysmal Old Timer's trolling skills were.

I couldn't properly express it but this post helps illustrate it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that's been consistent over the years is Brady and BB. They draft well, coached well and play very well on the field. The Jets, Bills and Dolphins can't say the same because owners and upper management consistently spin their tires by going through the same garbage process of firing coaches over and over, horrible drafting and down right horrid play on the field. Even when there's a hint a team could emerge to challenge the Pats, they fall flat. It's not the Pats fault these 3 teams can't get out of their own way and it's not the Pats fault for dominating the AFCE for so many years because of it.

Brady has been awful.

The one thing that's been consistent is the culture of rampant cheating.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some dirty fuck is disguising to be me? First off real goodfellas don't come from Southie and can't stand a guy like rat bastard, women killer, getting sucked off by Sal Mineo ,half a fag, pedofile Bulger. But they did get the youse part right Hammer

Wait, I listened to it again. Here it is verbatim.

{spoken in barely-coherent Southie accent} "Yeah, youse fuckin guise tell that fuckin Hammer cocksucker if he doesn't fuckin shut the fuck up I'm going to fuckin bring Whitey fuckin Bulger and Nick the fuckin Cook outta fuckin retirement."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer knows how to profit on the interwebs. I bet Cubzzzfanincalli would go nuts with this thread.