• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft - The rest of the West...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that often gets over looked this time of year is how our rivals will improve through the draft. So, who is it that you DON'T want to end up at one of the other AFC West teams?

Oakland - With them picking at 10, it is tough (but not impossible) for them not to come out of this draft with an impact player. Of the guys they have been linked to, there are 2 names I am not going to be happy hearing go to the Raiders. Denzel Ward is a guy I feel won't make it to them, but Roquan Smith very well might. I have also heard that the Raiders are sky high on him and are considering trading up to secure his services. I also would not like to see one of the two safeties (Fitzpatrick and James) end up there, but the need for a safety is low on their list.

Los Angeles - It still feels weird not saying San Diego, but they are a very dangerous spot in the draft, imo. At 17, in a draft where there could be 5 QBs taken before then, they are almost guaranteed to grab someone that should go a lot higher. Every year, there is a surprise faller that everyone thought would be a lock for the top 5 or 10 and they end up sliding a bit. So, that is a major worry. The aforementioned Fitzpatrick and James may be strong candidates to slip a little. Marcus Davenport is another one. Of the guys they have been given in mock drafts, I actually think McGlinchey is the name that scares me the most. He seems like the safest pick in that range and he fills a pretty big need for them, which is why I say that.

Kansas City - Without the Chiefs not having a first, they kind of shift to the bottom of this list, obviously. But they can still land someone we end up hating to see on their team. Shaqueem Griffin comes to mind. Everyone wants to root for this guy, so you don't want to see him on a rival. Holton Hill is another name that comes to mind here, since he is a late round guy due to character issues. They did just ship out Marcus Peters, but they do have Tyreek Hill, who was in a similar position and seems to have worked out well for them so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally just looking at our rivals

Raiders: Who I would hate for them to end up with would be Roquan Smith. I think he is exactly what that defense has been missing.

Who I would love to see them draft would be Davenport. The guy has talent but is one of those raw prospects that will have trouble living up to the hype.

Chiefs: Jaire Alexander. The guy could easily end up the best CB in this draft but because of some injury concerns and just not the best season this past season I could see him falling within range of the Chiefs.

Who I would love to see them take is Malik Jefferson. He is all tools and very little football awareness.

Chargers: Derwin James sliding to them would be a nightmare.

Mason Rudolph would be the pick I would like to see them make.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the Raiders end up with Roquan Smith and Kolton Miller.

Chargers better not end up with Mason Rudolph that would ruin my draft.

I fear the Chiefs have some defensive stud like Lorenzo Carter fall to them or they move up for him without giving up much then they score a round 2 value CB like Anthony Arvett in round 3.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the Raiders end up with Roquan Smith and Kolton Miller.

Chargers better not end up with Mason Rudolph that would ruin my draft.

I fear the Chiefs have some defensive stud like Lorenzo Carter fall to them or they move up for him without giving up much then they score a round 2 value CB like Anthony Arvett in round 3.

This is that one thing you and I will not agree on is the value of Mason Rudolph. I view him in a very similar manner to that of Osweiler and I wasn't happy about the Broncos using a 2nd round pick on Osweiler. I would be a little more ok with us using our 2nd on him but him in the 1st I just can't see being a good thing for whoever drafts him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know- I have to give you a hard time. We will see how it goes. I am probably higher on him than most, but I know @LGM feels me on this one.

(That might be a bad thing though)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I'm afraid of the Broncos and Raiders trading back and still filling needs. I think the 2nd and 3rd round in this draft are pretty strong for the most part and I think the perception is that there are about 8(?) elite non-QB talents which means both teams will have options to trade down.

Barkley, Rosen, Mayfield, Derwin James and Taven Bryan are all players I have pegged as ones I don't want on rival teams. Chubb and Nelson would be good but if the Broncos took either one of them then thats just life but I feel like those other 5 names are the ones I'm most worried about.

I would probably punch my computer monitor if the Chiefs drafted Malik Jefferson in the rd2 or rd3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I'm afraid of the Broncos and Raiders trading back and still filling needs. I think the 2nd and 3rd round in this draft are pretty strong for the most part and I think the perception is that there are about 8(?) elite non-QB talents which means both teams will have options to trade down.

Barkley, Rosen, Mayfield, Derwin James and Taven Bryan are all players I have pegged as ones I don't want on rival teams. Chubb and Nelson would be good but if the Broncos took either one of them then thats just life but I feel like those other 5 names are the ones I'm most worried about.

I would probably punch my computer monitor if the Chiefs drafted Malik Jefferson in the rd2 or rd3

Haha and I would jump for joy if that were the case with Jefferson.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I don't want my favorite players in the draft James Washington and Derwin James to go to teams I can't stand... That's high on my "HOPE DOESN"T HAPPEN" draft list.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know- I have to give you a hard time. We will see how it goes. I am probably higher on him than most, but I know @LGM feels me on this one.

(That might be a bad thing though)

I think quite a few feel you on this one; Mingo and Springy for starters (because I like the end of the train).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I need is yourself, Spingy and Mingo on my side to make me feel good about feeling good about it. ;)