• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

return of the bust league DRAFT THREAD

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not where I thought you were going... interesting...
Well, you took my guy so I had to get a little unorthodox. I had a feeling you would too and it’s frustrating when his strong point for this is his limited passing output - you were looking to be fine in that regard anyway.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you took my guy so I had to get a little unorthodox. I had a feeling you would too and it’s frustrating when his strong point for this is his limited passing output - you were looking to be fine in that regard anyway.

its funny... I have Justin Fields as my Best QB this season... at least fantasy wise... but I went rotisserie strategy over actual bust in this draft...

ill be interested in whether it worked out...

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny... I have Justin Fields as my Best QB this season... at least fantasy wise... but I went rotisserie strategy over actual bust in this draft...

ill be interested in whether it worked out...
Did you expect me to take Lawrence?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you expect me to take Lawrence?

no for some reason I tought Lamar... but Lawrence would be a decent pick too there... Honestly, I don't mind your pick.. as I actually do think Josh Allen is trending down...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jwolt92 and @tlance

you can both make your last picks... different positions

4 more picks and we are DONE!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am last to take an RB.

Going to pick when I wake up in the AM.

Can someone please post available RBs? Been a long time since that has been updated.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can someone please post available RBs? Been a long time since that has been updated.

all teams are updated on the site... so it would be easier to look there

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tony Pollard
RB-DAL

Saquon Barkley
RB-NYG

Nick Chubb
RB-CLE

Austin Ekeler
RB-LAC

Josh Jacobs
RB-LV

Christian McCaffrey
RB-SF

Derrick Henry

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always a fan of theoretical fantasy sports... I am always in searching for the PERFECT league Rules...
Okay, you take 10 managers. You set up a 14 round draft working from a list much like this one. Everyone drafts 6 RBs, 6 WRs, 1 TE, and either a flex or a QB. The drafted players will only be in effect Weeks 1 through 6.

After Week 6 the highest scoring player (standard 0.5 PPR) from each round is identified and you are issued a strike for every such player you drafted. Managers who receive multiple strikes at this juncture are eliminated from continuing. There is a scramble to finish adjusting the list of players and reset it so there can be another draft Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon approaching Week 7. The advancing managers with the “worst” teams could be given preferential treatment in draft order. If anyone can’t make the draft they should have at least a day and a half to adjust all player rankings in their queue. The main thing with the list other than maintaining a balance is players with major injuries and very poor short term outlooks for playing time would be kept off.

There are so many different twists you could put on this. You could have a rule no one is allowed to draft the same player twice. It might be nice if you went from 10 managers to 5 (which is unlikely to happen organically), you could just base the next list of players on those taken by the managers who were eliminated and remove all from the 5 who advance. If a manager gets zero strikes for a 6 week period, they could be given an immunity round where 1 or 2 weeks in to the next period, they could select a player of theirs to be considered immune from being that round’s high scorer, or even save that option for the final 6 week period.

After Week 12 repeat the process, except it would take more than 2 strikes to get eliminated. I think there should unconditionally be at least 3 managers left for the final draft. Otherwise the immunity round idea won’t work. So yeah, that would be it. There would have to be a tiebreak system that is logical easy and enough to understand.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you take 10 managers. You set up a 14 round draft working from a list much like this one. Everyone drafts 6 RBs, 6 WRs, 1 TE, and either a flex or a QB. The drafted players will only be in effect Weeks 1 through 6.

After Week 6 the highest scoring player (standard 0.5 PPR) from each round is identified and you are issued a strike for every such player you drafted. Managers who receive multiple strikes at this juncture are eliminated from continuing. There is a scramble to finish adjusting the list of players and reset it so there can be another draft Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon approaching Week 7. The advancing managers with the “worst” teams could be given preferential treatment in draft order. If anyone can’t make the draft they should have at least a day and a half to adjust all player rankings in their queue. The main thing with the list other than maintaining a balance is players with major injuries and very poor short term outlooks for playing time would be kept off.

There are so many different twists you could put on this. You could have a rule no one is allowed to draft the same player twice. It might be nice if you went from 10 managers to 5 (which is unlikely to happen organically), you could just base the next list of players on those taken by the managers who were eliminated and remove all from the 5 who advance. If a manager gets zero strikes for a 6 week period, they could be given an immunity round where 1 or 2 weeks in to the next period, they could select a player of theirs to be considered immune from being that round’s high scorer, or even save that option for the final 6 week period.

After Week 12 repeat the process, except it would take more than 2 strikes to get eliminated. I think there should unconditionally be at least 3 managers left for the final draft. Otherwise the immunity round idea won’t work. So yeah, that would be it. There would have to be a tiebreak system that is logical easy and enough to understand.

so its a hybrid of a guillotine and a bust league... sounds like fun... but also a lot of work... a lot of work...

if you ever get this started id be interested in joining...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tony Pollard
RB-DAL

Saquon Barkley
RB-NYG

Nick Chubb
RB-CLE

Austin Ekeler
RB-LAC

Josh Jacobs
RB-LV

Christian McCaffrey
RB-SF

Derrick Henry
Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so its a hybrid of a guillotine and a bust league... sounds like fun... but also a lot of work... a lot of work...

I wouldn’t mind doing the work to make it run smoothly. I just am not keen on being in a role of prodding people to make sure they follow through on draft commitments. If one person were to have a shit draft it’d make it more likely the whole league slides off target unless there were provisions for that.

I should add that I now realize the 2 mid-season drafts could be done on Saturday with the Thursday players of that week being excluded.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to place a value judgment on Guillotine leagues, I can tell without ever having tried one that they’re not something I would personally enjoy, at least not the basic kind. I wouldn’t mind seeing this marketed as a guillotine-bust hybrid though.