• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh someone please tell me ESPN is wrong and that we didn't trade back into the end of the 3rd round for C.J. Beathard. We could have just taken someone like that at the start of 4th round. Better QB's are even still on the board. Damn, Lynch was doing so well in his first draft.
Yep :L Strange pick for sure.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, it was all going very good till now....oh well.......

Looks like all we gave up was our 7th rounder so not a huge loss but still with Dobbs, Kaaya, and Peterman on the board who were they scared would take Beatherd before their 4th round pick tomorrow and to another point if they did who cares. I'd rather have Dobbs as a developmental QB for next year or Peterman for someone who could start early if Hoyer stinks it up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next Up, flyers on WR, NT, T,G,C, Nickei,RB..

Flyers are for rounds 6 and 7? There are still good players on the board, not starters per se, but good depth.....and if we get lucky........

But then again, there are still some TE's on the board, and maybe they are potential starters?

Anyway, i'd like to draft a Leo, so why not Carl Lawson? Not that he'll be a monster pick-up from Round 4, but you never know if he can fill depth?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like all we gave up was our 7th rounder so not a huge loss but still with Dobbs, Kaaya, and Peterman on the board who were they scared would take Beatherd before their 4th round pick tomorrow and to another point if they did who cares. I'd rather have Dobbs as a developmental QB for next year or Peterman for someone who could start early if Hoyer stinks it up.

Yep!

you know, maybe we should consider another QB? Doesn't need to be the very next pick, but we have the picks for 'QB flyers'?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure what traits or depth positions staff is looking for just players I suppose, our practice squad is thin as well.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most....intrigued by the corner and a bit baffled about the QB. Oh well.....have to remind myself that Shanahan has input, and if that's the guy he wants...

Getting another 2nd rounder next year isn't bad either.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most....intrigued by the corner and a bit baffled about the QB. Oh well.....have to remind myself that Shanahan has input, and if that's the guy he wants...

Hey Roma.
Any idea where Rob ended up ?
I've noticed Genus and Eva over at the Webzone. Last I saw, Genus was doing a victory lap after the Niners drafted Thomas

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect Shanahan had a big say in the selection of that QB. Probably is the guy he wanted from the remaining group. He must see something he likes in him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see what McDonald can do with an NFL-caliber QB throwing to him. I don't want to give up on him yet.

His numbers might have increased with a better QB, but he had way too many drops on well thrown balls. He was getting better last year, but then he got hurt again. I don't believe he has played a full season yet and misses multiple games due to injuries. He is a good player and has good physical skills. But he needs to put it together real soon

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Roma.
Any idea where Rob ended up ?
I've noticed Genus and Eva over at the Webzone. Last I saw, Genus was doing a victory lap after the Niners drafted Thomas

No idea about Rob....he was a pretty good source of info, especially around this time. I believe Hitman (along with genus/eva) is also on webzone, but I'm not sure....I'm not a big fan of their forum setup. I think genus has been on the Thomas bandwaggon for a while, so I'm sure he's happy....especially the way it happened in garnering more picks.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Shanahan had a big say in the selection of that QB. Probably is the guy he wanted from the remaining group. He must see something he likes in him.

There can be no doubt that Shanahan has a say in that pick...I'm sure he has input in every pick. It was pretty interesting to see Peterman drop somewhere to the 5th round, but as I said....Shanahan sees something, so lets see where he goes from here. Interesting they also brought along his TE in today's rounds.

Today's version of Montana-to-Rice.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers

WR Victor Bolden, WR Kendrick Bourne, RB Matt Breida, WR KD Cannon, OL J.P. Flynn, LB Jimmie Gilbert, TE Cole Hikutini, OL Eric Magnuson, QB Nick Mullens, LB Donavin Newsom, DE Noble Nwachukwu, OT Darrell Williams Jr., DB Lorenzo Jerome

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was posted that their defensive players drafted highly fail, how can they fail if it doesn't happen was my point. I'm not saying that Stanford defensive players have always turned into quality players but to say every Stanford player drafted highly fails is misleading because it hasn't happened (they haven't been drafted highly).
I didn't say every Stanford defensive player drafted highly; I said every Stanford defensive player, period. None of them are any good. Then someone corrected me with Richard Sherman. Still, a successful program like Stanford with only one defensive player who is even a decent player is pretty odd.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beathard? Jeez, even Hawkeye fans don't like him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many draft experts are saying the 49ers had the best draft of all 32 teams,

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers might have increased with a better QB, but he had way too many drops on well thrown balls. He was getting better last year, but then he got hurt again. I don't believe he has played a full season yet and misses multiple games due to injuries. He is a good player and has good physical skills. But he needs to put it together real soon
Agreed. he did have a lot of drops.