• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After doing some reading and watching a few vids on the guy, I've been leaning towards Peterman more than any other QB in this draft....get him somewhere with the 2nd/3rd pick.

As for the blue-chip guys....again....I've been in the corner of Solomon Thomas for a while, and unless something stupid happens and Garrett can be had, or SF is offered a deal they can't refuse, I'm standing with it.

Take Solomon Thomas and call it a day.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After doing some reading and watching a few vids on the guy, I've been leaning towards Peterman more than any other QB in this draft....get him somewhere with the 2nd/3rd pick.

As for the blue-chip guys....again....I've been in the corner of Solomon Thomas for a while, and unless something stupid happens and Garrett can be had, or SF is offered a deal they can't refuse, I'm standing with it.

I read Peterman's scouting report. He is the type of QB I would like to see in SF and seems to be the type of QB Shanahan wants and would fit in his system. Plays in a pro style offense and has the mental aspects down. I hope they don't go with a spread or read option QB again.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Peterman's scouting report. He is the type of QB I would like to see in SF and seems to be the type of QB Shanahan wants and would fit in his system. Plays in a pro style offense and has the mental aspects down. I hope they don't go with a spread or read option QB again.

Greg Cosell chimed in and believes he's the best fit for Shanahan's scheme....seems to like him although poses a question in regards to his arm strength. He didn't outright state he has a sub-par arm but admitted that scouts may come to that agreement.

I'd have no probs with taking this guy somewhere in Round 2 or 3, and still getting one of the highly projected guys coming out next year as well.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Later round names: Chad Kelly QB Mississippi, Deveon Smith RB Michigan, Corey Clement RB Wisconsin, Joe Williams RB Utah, Carlos Williams DT Clemson, JuJu Shuster Smith WR Southern Cal!!..

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cosell chimed in and believes he's the best fit for Shanahan's scheme....seems to like him although poses a question in regards to his arm strength. He didn't outright state he has a sub-par arm but admitted that scouts may come to that agreement.

I'd have no probs with taking this guy somewhere in Round 2 or 3, and still getting one of the highly projected guys coming out next year as well.

I am not as much concerned about arm strength. Tom Brady's arm strength was questioned coming out of college. Not saying he is going to be Tom Brady, but I would rather take a chance on a guy that has some of the other qualities than having a strong arm.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later round names: Chad Kelly QB Mississippi, Deveon Smith RB Michigan, Corey Clement RB Wisconsin, Joe Williams RB Utah, Carlos Williams DT Clemson, JuJu Shuster Smith WR Southern Cal!!..

I read Chad Kelly has some personal issues

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So did Big Ben..:) The QB from Carolina completed 150 passes to 1 WR, Pierre the Waiter would get at least 75!?!:)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Mock Draft so far on SportsHoopla Mock Draft:

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS -
1.2 : Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU
2.49 : Davis Webb - QB - California
3.91 : Chris Godwin - WR - Penn St.
4.109 : Howard Wilson - CB - Houston
4.123 : Steven Taylor - OLB - Houston
4.137 : Davon Godchaux - DT - LSU
4.143 : Eric Wilson - OLB - Cincinnati
5.146 : George Kittle - TE - Iowa
5.161 : Jermaine Eluemunor - OG - Texas A&M
6.198 : Chad Williams - WR - Grambling St.
6.202: Garrett Sickels- DE - Penn St.

TRADES: 34 to Washington for 49,123 & 235
66 to Indianapolis for 91 & 137

I had a little fun with it. I really tried to trade out of #2. So I said screw it. Go with a Top Talent. I know its not a need but Im not a fan of Need. Go for Talent. I will admit I missed on my QB in the 2nd rd. Was hoping for someone else. Im ok with it. Webb will need to sit 1-2 years.

Got 2 7th rd picks left.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't trust him at #2. The kid only had 3 really good games. I know he had a great combine but I just know if I trust him as a #2 pick. I really want them to move back or if Garrett falls to us. that is my dream if he falls. That is why we don't trade until after Cleveland picks. We can't risk it.

Question: If Garrett Falls Do the 49ers draft him or trade the pick(value will go up in trade)?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not as much concerned about arm strength. Tom Brady's arm strength was questioned coming out of college. Not saying he is going to be Tom Brady, but I would rather take a chance on a guy that has some of the other qualities than having a strong arm.

agree, if he has the mental stuff going over others, good with me.

The intangibles come first because that QB can still play. But a strong arm with little intangibles, can't even play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't trust him at #2. The kid only had 3 really good games. I know he had a great combine but I just know if I trust him as a #2 pick. I really want them to move back or if Garrett falls to us. that is my dream if he falls. That is why we don't trade until after Cleveland picks. We can't risk it.

Question: If Garrett Falls Do the 49ers draft him or trade the pick(value will go up in trade)?

you draft him.

would you trade down if only for an extra 3rd rounder? I'm exaggerating, but don't see us getting equal points on a trade down. Not even close.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, if he has the mental stuff going over others, good with me.

The intangibles come first because that QB can still play. But a strong arm with little intangibles, can't even play.

Yea, after what we've been through with the last QBs, we need to go in another direction

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take Garrett if he fell to us. That is based on what so-called experts think of him. Interesting on the general board there are a few posters who have watched his games and think he is going to be a bust. They said he accumulated his sacks playing against a few bad teams and that he disappeared playing against better talent.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, after what we've been through with the last QBs, we need to go in another direction

more so, we keep reading how Shannahan's scheme is a little more involved. So the QB for sure needs more mental make up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, no matter how much measurables you have, if you play like "deer in headlight", doesn't work.

If you have a good amount of intangibles, you get the timing right and the offense can function. You can get the ball out faster, and to the right teammates. Montana is an example, granted an exaggerated example. He didn't have a strong arm, but he got the ball out on time, and to the right players.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would take Garrett if he fell to us. That is based on what so-called experts think of him. Interesting on the general board there are a few posters who have watched his games and think he is going to be a bust. They said he accumulated his sacks playing against a few bad teams and that he disappeared playing against better talent.

another Mario Williams? Not saying bad career, but not meeting the hype.

anyway, if for some strange 'Cleveland' reason he's available, i'd draft him.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another Mario Williams? Not saying bad career, but not meeting the hype.

anyway, if for some strange 'Cleveland' reason he's available, i'd draft him.

Just read a blurb that Jackson wants Garrett but the GM is leaning towards Trubisky. My guess...smoke screen...we will truly not have any idea until they make their pick. Really like Thomas as an alternative to Garrett...his play reminds me a little of the Cowboy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just read a blurb that Jackson wants Garrett but the GM is leaning towards Trubisky. My guess...smoke screen...we will truly not have any idea until they make their pick. Really like Thomas as an alternative to Garrett...his play reminds me a little of the Cowboy.

What if another team offers something with 'equal' draft points, but we have to take the deal before Cleveland picks? Do we take it?

If it depends on how far we drop down (Round 1 only), say Carolina? What if it is in the 12 to 16 range?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...you might be giving Cleveland too much credit for them to actually concoct a smokescreen. They've got that analytical front office so who knows what metrics they're using. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FO wants Trubisky.

Anyways....A great trade down, Garrett or Thomas works for me for that #2 pick.

Oh, and I can see Reuben Foster still on the board when SF picks again.....I could get on board with that too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh...you might be giving Cleveland too much credit for them to actually concoct a smokescreen. They've got that analytical front office so who knows what metrics they're using. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FO wants Trubisky.

Anyways....A great trade down, Garrett or Thomas works for me for that #2 pick.

Oh, and I can see Reuben Foster still on the board when SF picks again.....I could get on board with that too.

Wow!