• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love this mock. I want to fix the defense with this years draft by going D early and often. I'd rather us wait and fix our offense next season through free agency and the draft.

In general, i agree with leaning on D, and based on mocks i'd say we will. IMO, first two of three will very likely be D. I'd even say first 3 of 4.

I say 'in general' because we have to lean BPA. Should an offensive player be our clear 'BPA', draft him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd make a trade with them if we get their 1st and 2nd round this year and 1st round pick next year! I'd then load up on defense!

i can't imagine them giving up this much.

I'd think it is a TOUGH decision for them, just to trade their 1st and 2nd this draft?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im doing the SportsHoopla Mock draft: This is what I did so far.

I tried to trade the #2 pick it didn't happen so I shocked everyone and took a page out of Dallas play book and knowing Shanahan likes 2 back system.

Rd1: RB Leonard Fournette LSU: I just don't trust anyone else. I went for a Home Run with this pick. Again I wanted to trade this pick and move back and get more picks. I ended up doing that with my 2nd rd and 3rd rd picks.
RD2: David Webb QB Cal: Traded with Washington and picked up a 4th and a 7th. Went for the potential. Knowing he can sit for 1 maybe 2 years. Last time we passed on a Cal QB he became one of the best in the league. Not this time. I know he isn't game ready but we don't need him to be.
RD3: Chris Goodwin WR PSU: Again traded down hoping I can still land him and I did. Landed another 4th rd pick and another late rd pick. Again went with potential and high ceiling. Calvin Johnson mention that he can be a really god player.

RD4: Pick 109
RD4: Pick 123
RD4: Pick 137
RD4: Pick 143
RD5: Pick 146
RD5: Pick 161
RD6: Pick 198
RD6: Pick 202
RD7: Pick 219
RD7: Pick 235

My goal was to get more picks and add more players to this roster. Having 4 4 rd picks I think can help. I can pick 2 safe picks and take 2 risk picks. Im going to try 6th and 7th rd picks to move up. I feel Rd 1-4 are very important to this roster and Rd 5-7 maybe find a surprise player and take some risks.

What do you guys think?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im doing the SportsHoopla Mock draft: This is what I did so far.

I tried to trade the #2 pick it didn't happen so I shocked everyone and took a page out of Dallas play book and knowing Shanahan likes 2 back system.

Rd1: RB Leonard Fournette LSU: I just don't trust anyone else. I went for a Home Run with this pick. Again I wanted to trade this pick and move back and get more picks. I ended up doing that with my 2nd rd and 3rd rd picks.
RD2: David Webb QB Cal: Traded with Washington and picked up a 4th and a 7th. Went for the potential. Knowing he can sit for 1 maybe 2 years. Last time we passed on a Cal QB he became one of the best in the league. Not this time. I know he isn't game ready but we don't need him to be.
RD3: Chris Goodwin WR PSU: Again traded down hoping I can still land him and I did. Landed another 4th rd pick and another late rd pick. Again went with potential and high ceiling. Calvin Johnson mention that he can be a really god player.

RD4: Pick 109
RD4: Pick 123
RD4: Pick 137
RD4: Pick 143
RD5: Pick 146
RD5: Pick 161
RD6: Pick 198
RD6: Pick 202
RD7: Pick 219
RD7: Pick 235

My goal was to get more picks and add more players to this roster. Having 4 4 rd picks I think can help. I can pick 2 safe picks and take 2 risk picks. Im going to try 6th and 7th rd picks to move up. I feel Rd 1-4 are very important to this roster and Rd 5-7 maybe find a surprise player and take some risks.

What do you guys think?

Just my opinion obviously, but based on things i read to date, don't see any of these three as being our BPAs.

Think we added over 20 FA's so far, plus we already have a large draft class as is. Don't think we need to trade down more than once? Or, i know this doesn't fit this exercise, but in real life i'd trade into 2018 if i'm going to keep trading down.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just another mock trade down:

Browns get: First-round pick (No. 2)

49ers get: First-round pick (No. 12), second (No. 33), fourth (No. 108), two 2018 seconds

I would take this trade because there is no good #2 pick. Can't imagine Cleveland would make this deal, but i'd take it. Since it is Cleveland trading up, there is no chance we'd get Garrett.

We don't know where Cleveland's 2018 2nd rounder will be (their own), but odds are very high.

BTW - In this mock we then took Cam Robinson at #12.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another mock trade down:

Browns get: First-round pick (No. 2)

49ers get: First-round pick (No. 12), second (No. 33), fourth (No. 108), two 2018 seconds

I would take this trade because there is no good #2 pick. Can't imagine Cleveland would make this deal, but i'd take it. Since it is Cleveland trading up, there is no chance we'd get Garrett.

We don't know where Cleveland's 2018 2nd rounder will be (their own), but odds are very high.

BTW - In this mock we then took Cam Robinson at #12.

Wait. There is NO good #2 pick??? Not Thomas, not Allen, not Lattimore, not Adams?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait. There is NO good #2 pick??? Not Thomas, not Allen, not Lattimore, not Adams?

No, there is NO good #2 pick.

No QB, no pass rusher, no LT, no WR, nothing other teams are clamoring to trade up for......at 'chart' value that is. Granted, there is no one draft value chart.

I've had this opinion since beginning of this year.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there is NO good #2 pick.

No QB, no pass rusher, no LT, no WR, nothing other teams are clamoring to trade up for......at 'chart' value that is. Granted, there is no one draft value chart.

I've had this opinion since beginning of this year.

Then while you're welcome to your opinion, I think it's doubly ludicrous. First, that you apparently think there is no one available in the #2 slot that can be a valuable addition to the team, and second, that you're ultimately letting some 'chart' value dictate whether the pick is worthwhile or not. If the Niners stay where they are, and of course they may decide that acquiring more picks is more valuable than staying where they are, I'd be happy with ANY of the 4 people I listed (though I have my preferences for who I'd RATHER choose).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a lot of good players in the draft, it is just that after Myles Garrett, there isn't a clear choice of who is the number #2 pick and the talent level is pretty close through the mid 1st round picks. I wouldn't mind seeing the team trade down if it can get good value in return since this team is rebuilding and has needs at multiple positions. If we can't get good value in return, than we just stick there

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Garrett is gone, and SF can't swing a massive deal where we're getting valuable picks in return?

Solomon Thomas. Easy pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Then while you're welcome to your opinion, I think it's doubly ludicrous. First, that you apparently think there is no one available in the #2 slot that can be a valuable addition to the team, and second, that you're ultimately letting some 'chart' value dictate whether the pick is worthwhile or not. If the Niners stay where they are, and of course they may decide that acquiring more picks is more valuable than staying where they are, I'd be happy with ANY of the 4 people I listed (though I have my preferences for who I'd RATHER choose).

No, that is wrong. Of course there are players that can help this team, but are they worth #2 overall? How will we know if there is one worth #2? If someone trades up with us AT EQUAL CHART VALUE. Do you see this as likely or unlikely?

No, the chart is not guiding this thinking, the opinion is based on not having an 'obvious' prospect at #2 overall.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there are a lot of good players in the draft, it is just that after Myles Garrett, there isn't a clear choice of who is the number #2 pick and the talent level is pretty close through the mid 1st round picks. I wouldn't mind seeing the team trade down if it can get good value in return since this team is rebuilding and has needs at multiple positions. If we can't get good value in return, than we just stick there

what is your definition of "good value"?

there is no one point system but FOR EXAMPLE, say we get 75% of what the #2 is worth, is that good value?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is your definition of "good value"?

there is no one point system but FOR EXAMPLE, say we get 75% of what the #2 is worth, is that good value?

An extra pick in the higher rounds possibly. I don't get paid to figure out what exactly that value is. That is what Lunch and Shanahan get paid to figure out

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An extra pick in the higher rounds possibly. I don't get paid to figure out what exactly that value is. That is what Lunch and Shanahan get paid to figure out

Ok.

Yeah i know, but if you give an opinion, i'm sure you had some thought process before typing it? That is all i was asking.

good value to one person, could be much different from another.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

Yeah i know, but if you give an opinion, i'm sure you had some thought process before typing it? That is all i was asking.

good value to one person, could be much different from another.
I can tell you something like swapping 7th round picks is bad value. Getting an extra 2nd and 3rd would be really good. But what would be realistic and worthwhile I couldn't exactly tell you

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can tell you something like swapping 7th round picks is bad value. Getting an extra 2nd and 3rd would be really good. But what would be realistic and worthwhile I couldn't exactly tell you

:-)

Not trying to start anything but feel you should get an explanation. I wasn't asking what the exact value is, because there is no right answer. i was just asking for your OPINION of what good value is?

You must've had something in mind before you posted "good value". Anyway, that is all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whether it’s a real evaluator or not, he had seven players in his “blue chip category.” That group included the following, although La Canfora said not listed in order of how the evaluator would rank them against each other.

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

IF this was true - ie 'equal' value - i'd be fine with any of them. This assumes Garrett goes first of course. We already know none are worth #2 in a typical draft, but any of them will help. Like to look at our top picks as thru their career, not the upcoming season.

The reason to include Mixon is that i don't know anything beyond that one incident? If there is a track record to him, then of course i'll pass.