• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nfl.com trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams might trade ip for any number of reasons besides needing a qb.

GB might trade up for a wr, so might KC.

If any team falls in live with the best lb, safety, cb Some of which should he availavle at 11, then washington should have trade down partners.

that is what im trying to tell sty.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will trade up for Willis. Just like the Bears did for Fields. Most fans would have to think moving down is their #1 option. WR is one of the deepest positions in this draft so im not worried. Top needs are LB, CB, S, and WR. To get a #1 next year would be huge. If someone offers and #1 next year RR will take it.
Ok, let's play it your way. Washington is still in need of a QB, if Willis is there at 11, why on earth would they trade away from getting the most important position on the field taken care of?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's play it your way. Washington is still in need of a QB, if Willis is there at 11, why on earth would they trade away from getting the most important position on the field taken care of?
b/c we don't need a QB. If Wentz fails this year, we will need that extra 1st rounder next year to try to get a QB. Plus we wont owe Wentz any gmoney. I would be shocked if we took a QB in round 1.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Tankathon and Cbssports mock drafts have Olave and Burks available at #20. I'd be happy with either, I'd prefer Burks, possession and jump ball capable , good blocker, high ceiling.
Turner got extended, so i guess RR won't be fired. Once wince fails, draft capital will be needed to move up for a qb.
That's my logic, if somehow wince is still around, i can attack two positions of need in the 1st.
If i overlooked something, i will edit this reply. Thanks Sty!!
I get projections, but in real-time and their time to pick they are on the clock needing to make a decision which comes down to... getting our guy now or taking that chance that he will still be there at 20. Sure thing vs. hope vs. accepting a lesser trade down and increasing your chances of getting your guy several picks earlier than 20.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what im trying to tell sty.
No, what you're insisting upon is trading with Pittsburgh! I'm suggesting that there are better trading partners that also give you a better shot to get a higher quality WR or Willis, both positions that this franchise badly needs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what you're insisting upon is trading with Pittsburgh! I'm suggesting that there are better trading partners that also give you a better shot to get a higher quality WR or Willis, both positions that this franchise badly needs.

Yes that is what this thread it about. I;m sure we will trade with anybody to get extra picks.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c we don't need a QB. If Wentz fails this year, we will need that extra 1st rounder next year to try to get a QB. Plus we wont owe Wentz any gmoney. I would be shocked if we took a QB in round 1.
Washington doesn't have a reliable QB now, so...

What's this doublespeak that you're doing?

"We don't need a QB" vs "If Wince fails" Either they don't need a QB or you're hedging your bets, which renders your point about not needing a QB moot! Which is it?

On your point about moving up next year with this extra pick... Washington with few exceptions generally finishes at or near the middle of the drafting order. In need of a QB for almost the entirety of the Snyder era (1999 - present) ONLY once have they moved up in the draft to get a QB. In every other instance, they've opted to take a more circuitous route in filling the QB position.

Another similar season will put them somewhere between 11 and 16 in the draft order, do you honestly believe that this organization and/or its dwindling fanbase will be willing to trade a shit-ton along with those two firsts to move up to pick 1 or 2? Hell, they were too cheap to move up to 11 last year (from 19 to 11) What did we hear from them and on this board? "Gutting the draft" "mortgaging the future" "build the team" "too many holes to fill" blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that is what this thread it about. I;m sure we will trade with anybody to get extra picks.
Then stop being so singularly focused on trading with Pittsburgh!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doesn't have a reliable QB now, so...

What's this doublespeak that you're doing?

"We don't need a QB" vs "If Wince fails" Either they don't need a QB or you're hedging your bets, which renders your point about not needing a QB moot! Which is it?

On your point about moving up next year with this extra pick... Washington with few exceptions generally finishes at or near the middle of the drafting order. In need of a QB for almost the entirety of the Snyder era (1999 - present) ONLY once have they moved up in the draft to get a QB. In every other instance, they've opted to take a more circuitous route in filling the QB position.

Another similar season will put them somewhere between 11 and 16 in the draft order, do you honestly believe that this organization and/or its dwindling fanbase will be willing to trade a shit-ton along with those two firsts to move up to pick 1 or 2? Hell, they were too cheap to move up to 11 last year (from 19 to 11) What did we hear from them and on this board? "Gutting the draft" "mortgaging the future" "build the team" "too many holes to fill" blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Its simple. If wentz does well he is our guy. If he doenst then we have an extra 1st rounder to play with. Simple

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its simple. If wentz does well he is our guy. If he doenst then we have an extra 1st rounder to play with. Simple
Wince will be ...well...Wince, that's a given.

You never answered or responded to my question about using all of that draft capital plus those 2 first-rounders in order to move up to #1 or #2?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wince will be ...well...Wince, that's a given.

You never answered or responded to my question about using all of that draft capital plus those 2 first-rounders in order to move up to #1 or #2?
Its a crazy question. I had a simple question that started this threat and you went way off the reservation with it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a crazy question. I had a simple question that started this threat and you went way off the reservation with it.
Your original question was myopic and unrealistic to be kind. I tried to tell you that there were better, far more realistic, team serving options than trading with Pittsburgh, including the historical reasons why it wasn't plausible, but you wanted to stick with that nutty proposal choosing instead to overlook all reasoning by calling these options going "way off the reservation!"

However, since this is your thread and my question concerning a reluctance to move up in drafts for reasons noted.
Let's deal with movement after making this crazy assed trade, and Wince failing, what exactly would they do with the extra pick next year, needing a QB since my question is "crazy?"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your original question was myopic and unrealistic to be kind. I tried to tell you that there were better, far more realistic, team serving options than trading with Pittsburgh, including the historical reasons why it wasn't plausible, but you wanted to stick with that nutty proposal choosing instead to overlook all reasoning by calling these options going "way off the reservation!"

However, since this is your thread and my question concerning a reluctance to move up in drafts for reasons noted.
Let's deal with movement after making this crazy assed trade, and Wince failing, what exactly would they do with the extra pick next year, needing a QB since my question is "crazy?"

So trading down with Pit is unrealistic? lol. Cant say what they will do next year. It depends on how this season pans out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok one group wants us to convert wince money into cap space which means if we cut him we take back to back 8 mil cap hits . . Why get an extra pick if you are going to spin wheels on a qb next year. Again? When willis is right there ?

We need difference makers not just solid picks like RK or Allen .

We need a difference maker at wr not the next Josh docston

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok one group wants us to convert wince money into cap space which means if we cut him we take back to back 8 mil cap hits . . Why get an extra pick if you are going to spin wheels on a qb next year. Again? When willis is right there ?

We need difference makers not just solid picks like RK or Allen .

We need a difference maker at wr not the next Josh docston

Well the thing is you dont know what you will get in a rookie. We get the extra pick to have an extra chip in the game. Everyone knows the draft is a crapshoot. Im taking multiple draft picks over Wills right now. Its not b/c I believe in Wentz its b/c I think Willis is super raw and i would rather have extra draft picks right now. IF Wentz works out great, if not we have next years FA and draft to figure out the QB. There is no need to overdraft a QB this year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get projections, but in real-time and their time to pick they are on the clock needing to make a decision which comes down to... getting our guy now or taking that chance that he will still be there at 20. Sure thing vs. hope vs. accepting a lesser trade down and increasing your chances of getting your guy several picks earlier than 20.

RR is screwed no matter what this year,
Coral will be the only projected 1st round qb left at 11. He said, he wouldn't draft a qb at 11 and sit him....conflict fodder #1.
Conflict #2....WR Drake London, Garrett Wilson are available at 11, so is Sauce Gardner and Kyle Hamilton....these fools would take a WR because it's the bigger need. I'd rather be in a position next year to grab 2 first rounders. Again, at best the commandalorians lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't see any WR that will change the landscape of this team in the next couple years. Also, how's Terry gonna feel with a rookie making more than him, lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the thing is you dont know what you will get in a rookie. We get the extra pick to have an extra chip in the game. Everyone knows the draft is a crapshoot. Im taking multiple draft picks over Wills right now. Its not b/c I believe in Wentz its b/c I think Willis is super raw and i would rather have extra draft picks right now. IF Wentz works out great, if not we have next years FA and draft to figure out the QB. There is no need to overdraft a QB this year.
trading for wince was a big mistake if he is a one yr rental . and i would take the raw willis easily

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading for wince was a big mistake if he is a one yr rental . and i would take the raw willis easily
How would he be a one year rental if he plays well? We went through his. Its a risk with upside. The down side is we lose draft picks but do not owe him gmoney. You really think we are taking Wills at #11 if he is there?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would he be a one year rental if he plays well? We went through his. Its a risk with upside. The down side is we lose draft picks but do not owe him gmoney. You really think we are taking Wills at #11 if he is there?
wince hasnt been humbled and that is why he sucks. doesnt matter what i think as far as the incompetent FO goes . this last draft ended up being trash with the best pick being injured