• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do understand schott has more to do with the playcalling. But come on, the HC has to approve gameplans, The HC is ultimately responsible for everything. If its not working he steps in.

I mean shit in pgh, with the D, the ST etc. we know the coordinators are issues, but the fans are on tomlin, not giving him a pass.......
Yeah, I understand all that but the last thing I want from a defensive HC is to step in and start making calls on offense. Run heavy is Pete's philosophy as well. They committed to this after the first 2 games because when they don't, Russell gets killed out there. I'm not giving Pete a pass here in any way. There was a lot of stupid play calling like dump offs in the flat to an average TE on 3rd and long. The bottom line is they got beat up. I'm not shocked by it either. Dallas is a better team than the Hawks.

Although lots of talking heads think Seattle's D was pretty good, they really weren't. They are extremely young, for the most part and still growing. All in all, they overachieved to get here and they lost. I'm not gonna get too worked up about it because it just isn't worth it. Hopefully, they see where the problems are that need to be addressed and fix a few things. I think they will be much better next year with a couple of moves and hopefully sign Clark. They do have a pretty good cap situation. And I think this experience will help all those young kids, too.

As for you guys and Tomlin, don't you think his criticism has more to do with the disfunction and some of those very questionable 4th down decisions he makes in big games? Those are HC things.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree the first PI was tick tack, but the 2nd one the D made sure Bees wasn't running that route.

There were two big calls missed. The Face mask on Wilson and the non PI call on the INT.
there is no way Sea had the worst of the refs last night. Is someone saying that? Sea WRs pushed off all game long on down field throws including big completions - there were I think 4 instances that were clearly shown between Baldwin and Lockett. It was indeed PI on the Int in the end zone against Wright and Dallas pass rushers were all but tackled multiple times during the game. Plus it was PI on Wright on that pass breakup "by the book" too. Ticky tack, yes but it was, just like the "hold" on the punt return. That was ticky tack and a huge call as it pertained to the outcome of the game. There are penalties on every NFL play and there were for sure a lot that went in Dallas' favor too last night. It's just how NFL games go. One can always blame the refs if one is looking for an excuse and certain fans of every team only seem to see or remember the ones that go against them.

Funny thing that until the onside kick the Janikowski injury actually helped Sea. They converted both 2 point conversions and got a TD when they opted to go for it on 4th down.

Wilson is just a great underrated QB IMO

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I understand all that but the last thing I want from a defensive HC is to step in and start making calls on offense. Run heavy is Pete's philosophy as well. They committed to this after the first 2 games because when they don't, Russell gets killed out there. I'm not giving Pete a pass here in any way. There was a lot of stupid play calling like dump offs in the flat to an average TE on 3rd and long. The bottom line is they got beat up. I'm not shocked by it either. Dallas is a better team than the Hawks.

Although lots of talking heads think Seattle's D was pretty good, they really weren't. They are extremely young, for the most part and still growing. All in all, they overachieved to get here and they lost. I'm not gonna get too worked up about it because it just isn't worth it. Hopefully, they see where the problems are that need to be addressed and fix a few things. I think they will be much better next year with a couple of moves and hopefully sign Clark. They do have a pretty good cap situation. And I think this experience will help all those young kids, too.

As for you guys and Tomlin, don't you think his criticism has more to do with the disfunction and some of those very questionable 4th down decisions he makes in big games? Those are HC things.
Tomlins criticism is of all thing, d, the locker room, special teams, handling of personalities. He’s. The hc it’s on him, all of it

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing I think needs to be said. Dak Prescott played a solid game last night. The one bad throw to the end zone that got picked and in slow mo, was PI but the throw was off. Other than that, the kid showed me a lot and I think he deserves some recognition for it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, mah butt. Everybody gots 10 fingers and 10 toes, not 8 fingers, 2 thumbs and 10 toes or 8 fingers, 2 thumbs, 8 toes and 2 big toes :gaah:
Well, maybe not everyone

Jason-Pierre-Paul-hand-JPP-stills08.jpg

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way Sea had the worst of the refs last night. Is someone saying that?
I don't think anybody is saying that @jarntt. At least, not anybody who is smart. There was a couple of missed calls but it went both ways evenly, imo. Seahawks can't blame anybody but themselves. They got beat, plain and simple on both sides of the ball and especially in the trenches.
And yeah, Baldwin and Lockett push off a lot but so does every receiver in the league. If the refs are gonna let it go, then I say use it to your advantage until you get busted.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is saying that @jarntt. At least, not anybody who is smart. There was a couple of missed calls but it went both ways evenly, imo. Seahawks can't blame anybody but themselves. They got beat, plain and simple on both sides of the ball and especially in the trenches.
And yeah, Baldwin and Lockett push off a lot but so does every receiver in the league. If the refs are gonna let it go, then I say use it to your advantage until you get busted.
I agree it went both ways. Being an NFL ref with slo-mo instant replay and 70" HD tvs is a tough job.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, maybe you guys will get your first one since 2004? God even we have a couple since then :noidea:

Well we do have a Lombardi trophy in the last two decades, so they got that going for us, which is nice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do have a Lombardi trophy in the last two decades, so they got that going for us, which is nice.
So remind me how far we can go back with history again? According to Eagles fans before last year it was the 1940's and now it's just 11 months. According to Giants fans its 8 years. I guess for Rams fans it's 19 seasons. I guess If it's just one day we aren't doing so bad though...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So remind me how far we can go back with history again? According to Eagles fans before last year it was the 1940's and now it's just 11 months. According to Giants fans its 8 years. I guess for Rams fans it's 19 seasons. I guess If it's just one day we aren't doing so bad though...

That is all the Cowboys fans have, is history. Go watch your VCR tapes

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all the Cowboys fans have, is history. Go watch your VCR tapes
That doesn't even make any sense. I didn't even talk about a Dallas Championship or the years they took place. Did you just pull out standard answer #7 from the when I'm stuck and don't have shit to say book???

You didn't answer the question. What is the appropriate amount of time that we can go back and pretend it's relevant? Is it a random 19 years? Is it 1940, 2011? Which is it?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is your Lombardi trophy in last twenty years?
LOL

Go away kid...

we win a couple of playoff games since the rams have won one and now you wanna talk 19 year old SB championships but not 24 years

maybe you should stick to ball washing Donald and you head coach and let the grown ups talk a little football