• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chicago Bears

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is traditionally more of a New York-Chicago discussion...but I’m from NJ and Philly has some pretty good pizza places as it is...anyway, I think we can all agree that Chicago-style pizza sucks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is traditionally more of a New York-Chicago discussion...but I’m from NJ and Philly has some pretty good pizza places as it is...anyway, I think we can all agree that Chicago-style pizza sucks.
It sucks, but I've actually had some good non-Chicago pizza out in Chicago.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You funny.

Chicago played 3 good teams all year, 2 of them at home. One could argue that Seattle wasn't very good early in the season and the Bears were lucky to catch them at home in week 2. They lost to the Dolphins and the Giants? he Patriots, who were in total disarray at the time bitch slapped them all over the field in Foxboro and Green Bay beat them with a one legged QB that suffers from terminal vaginal irritation.
Yeah the Bears suck.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so... you mean "upstarts" like Philly last year?

Experience consistently proves to be the most over-valued aspect of a team in the post-season. For any sport. Especially when it comes to arm-chair gurus with a short memory.

The gap between the two teams cannot be filled by a non-existent (or hardly existent) variable like "experience". When the two teams take the field, it's just a football game... and the Bears losing a football game, at home in January is a highly unlikely scenario to play itself out.

Having to play this game is a mere formality.

Like I said, fuck I hope Philly wins.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has not disappointed

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not even pizza, it's like a casserole fer chrissakes! Truth is though the traditional NY style pizza isn't my favorite either.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so... you mean "upstarts" like Philly last year?

Experience consistently proves to be the most over-valued aspect of a team in the post-season. For any sport. Especially when it comes to arm-chair gurus with a short memory.

The gap between the two teams cannot be filled by a non-existent (or hardly existent) variable like "experience". When the two teams take the field, it's just a football game... and the Bears losing a football game, at home in January is a highly unlikely scenario to play itself out.

Having to play this game is a mere formality.

I’m thinking an upstart like the Rams last year, who hosted an Atlanta team in the wildcard round that had struggled early in the season with a Super Bowl hangover but started playing better down the stretch.

That Rams team had the coach of the year and a young unproven QB. They performed well in the regular season, in large part thanks to their innovative coach. But they couldn’t do much in the playoffs against an experienced team with an experienced coach.

See, the Bears aren’t only inexperienced on the field. Nagy isn’t Doug Pederson, who had two years of coaching under his belt and a world class coaching staff underneath him and 10+ years of NFL experience. That’s not to say Nagy isn’t a heck of a coach, but don’t be shocked if he gets out coached on Sunday.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like deep dish if you go to a good place in Chicago. But it's not as good as a good NY/NJ/Philly pizza joint. Not close.

On the Italian beef versus cheese steak conversation, I also like both but think Philly's version is better, personally speaking.

Chicago is a cool city, I like it overall, and have nothing against Bears fans. They're not annoying like, say, Vikings fans or something. They have been cursed at the QB position for literally decades though. Mitch Trubisky is their best hope in my lifetime. And I don't even think he is that good.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I want the Bears to win. Ain't got time for predictions...by 1 or by 100 don't care just want the dub. I think I'll sh*t a brick if we lose because of Cody Parkey though. That man could ruin me until next season's opener...please no...not like that.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like deep dish if you go to a good place in Chicago. But it's not as good as a good NY/NJ/Philly pizza joint. Not close.

On the Italian beef versus cheese steak conversation, I also like both but think Philly's version is better, personally speaking.

Chicago is a cool city, I like it overall, and have nothing against Bears fans. They're not annoying like, say, Vikings fans or something. They have been cursed at the QB position for literally decades though. Mitch Trubisky is their best hope in my lifetime. And I don't even think he is that good.

Cheez Whiz over italian beef? Blasphemy.

F*ck the Eagles for this.

Bears 200-0.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2qdi1h.jpg

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I'm extremely biased toward Chicago's Italian Beef sandwiches, I really like Philly cheesesteaks - my favorite being the ones at Jim's over on South Street. But I have to admit, the thought of cheese wiz on their sammies is revolting to a cheese purist like me. So I always opt for the provolone.

As for the deep dish, I find it a bit ironic that Chicago is known the world over for its deep dish pizza, yet for decades upon decades, the thin crust versions (where the pieces are cut in squares) have always been the go-to choice for the overwhelming majority of mom-n-pop joints. A Chitown double cheese thin crust pizza is one of the great culinary pleasures in life.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheez Whiz over italian beef? Blasphemy.

F*ck the Eagles for this.

Bears 200-0.

Jiddy. Where the hell have you been? Or are you on here and I just don’t run in your circles?

Anyway, the best Philly cheesesteaks don’t use whiz. We reserve that crap for dumb young people and tourists who don’t know any better.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I'm extremely biased toward Chicago's Italian Beef sandwiches, I really like Philly cheesesteaks - my favorite being the ones at Jim's over on South Street. But I have to admit, the thought of cheese wiz on their sammies is revolting to a cheese purist like me. So I always opt for the provolone.

As for the deep dish, I find it a bit ironic that Chicago is known the world over for its deep dish pizza, yet for decades upon decades, the thin crust versions (where the pieces are cut in squares) have always been the go-to choice for the overwhelming majority of mom-n-pop joints. A Chitown double cheese thin crust pizza is one of the great culinary pleasures in life.

I’ll admit, I haven’t tried their thin crust. The deep dish sucks, in my opinion, though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Chicago too. But knock it off with these pleasantries. You’re going to give Philly fans a bad name.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting to see Philly and Chicago people going at it on here.

It’s going to get ugly. We’ll either hate each other or it’s going to turn into one gigantic sports orgy. But like I said, either way, it’s going to get ugly.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking the teams down by position groups.

QB: Strong edge Eagles
RB: Slight edge Bears
WR: Strong edge Eagles
TE: Strong edge Eagles
OL: Strong edge Eagles

DL: Slight edge Eagles
LB: Moderate edge Bears
DB: Strong edge Bears

K: Strong edge Eagles
P: Moderate edge Eagles
ST coverage: Strong edge Eagles
Return game: Slight edge Bears