• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chicago Bears

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it comes down to which defensive front beats up the QB worse. Foles may be out by the 2nd qtr with those ribs. Or Trubs could be like a deer in the headlights. I don't see either team getting much of a run game going so the play calling may have to be a little creative to get the ball out of the QB's hands quick and hope they can get some yac yardage and first downs off of that.
These are two creative offenses. One of them might get too cute.

I won't be surprised when the game comes down to who can tackle better. Eagles need to step that up, but we also have more YAC weapons.

Love the matchup, hope Mack gets a lot of extra attention.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure someone will explain it all away with Nick Foles, but the Eagles have the worst turnover differential of all 12 playoff teams at -6 and just barely better than Oakland. Chicago is 3rd best overall as well as 3rd best in the playoffs (the top 7 in turnover +/- all made it in). Couple that with Chicago's tough D and HFA, and I think the Bears advance.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure someone will explain it all away with Nick Foles, but the Eagles have the worst turnover differential of all 12 playoff teams at -6 and just barely better than Oakland. Chicago is 3rd best overall as well as 3rd best in the playoffs (the top 7 in turnover +/- all made it in). Couple that with Chicago's tough D and HFA, and I think the Bears advance.
Carson had a shit ton of fumbles.

Edit: Well Nick did too.

Gonna have to hold onto the rock in this one. One fumble shouldn't kill us, but two probably will.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson had a shit ton of fumbles.

Edit: Well Nick did too.

Gonna have to hold onto the rock in this one. One fumble shouldn't kill us, but two probably will.
I agree but the same can be said for Trubisky. Both fronts love to get after the QB and the ball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game can go either way, Eagles are playing with house money right now, that makes them kinda scary... Plus with Foles they're just a better team...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it comes down to which defensive front beats up the QB worse. Foles may be out by the 2nd qtr with those ribs. Or Trubs could be like a deer in the headlights. I don't see either team getting much of a run game going so the play calling may have to be a little creative to get the ball out of the QB's hands quick and hope they can get some yac yardage and first downs off of that.

Which is what the Bears have been doing all year. That's something they always do, a lot - regardless of opponent.

I think it is truly stupid that people even give Philly a legit shot and discuss this like it's an interesting matchup. The only chance is if Trub's has some horrible game like he did vs LAR (but even then they still dominated and won by two scores). I guess their only home loss they gave up two SPT's TD's to New England... so, there's that possibility.

They're 12-4 with a +138 point differential and four losses which all came down to the final play. Two of them in OT. They've won 9 of 10, with the one loss coming on the back of a 2 INT, 4 fumble performance by their backup QB on the road. A game they still took to OT.

I don't just say this shit either. I predicted losses in their previous two games. However, the dominant fashion with which they played in that game vs Minny. In a game they had nothing to play for and their opponent had everything riding. It just showed how good this team is right now. The D is just now peaking and that's scary.

On the road? Sure, they could definitely lose. At home? There's just no shot right now. Especially not vs a flawed team like Philly.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what the Bears have been doing all year. That's something they always do, a lot - regardless of opponent.

I think it is truly stupid that people even give Philly a legit shot and discuss this like it's an interesting matchup. The only chance is if Trub's has some horrible game like he did vs LAR (but even then they still dominated and won by two scores). I guess their only home loss they gave up two SPT's TD's to New England... so, there's that possibility.

They're 12-4 with a +138 point differential and four losses which all came down to the final play. Two of them in OT. They've won 9 of 10, with the one loss coming on the back of a 2 INT, 4 fumble performance by their backup QB on the road. A game they still took to OT.

I don't just say this shit either. I predicted losses in their previous two games. However, the dominant fashion with which they played in that game vs Minny. In a game they had nothing to play for and their opponent had everything riding. It just showed how good this team is right now. The D is just now peaking and that's scary.

On the road? Sure, they could definitely lose. At home? There's just no shot right now. Especially not vs a flawed team like Philly.

Fuck I hope Philly wins.

And I'm a Dallas fan.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with battle tested.

Upstarts usually need a learning session.

Oh, so... you mean "upstarts" like Philly last year?

Experience consistently proves to be the most over-valued aspect of a team in the post-season. For any sport. Especially when it comes to arm-chair gurus with a short memory.

The gap between the two teams cannot be filled by a non-existent (or hardly existent) variable like "experience". When the two teams take the field, it's just a football game... and the Bears losing a football game, at home in January is a highly unlikely scenario to play itself out.

Having to play this game is a mere formality.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game can go either way, Eagles are playing with house money right now, that makes them kinda scary... Plus with Foles they're just a better team...

No, it can't.

The Bears are a far better team. They are also at home - where they would not lose to anyone in the post-season. Much less a 9-7 team.

It's rather stunning that people actually think this is even a game worth dissecting. I am blown away with every post that pegs this game as interesting.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it can't.

The Bears are a far better team. They are also at home - where they would not lose to anyone in the post-season. Much less a 9-7 team.

It's rather stunning that people actually think this is even a game worth dissecting. I am blown away with every post that pegs this game as interesting.

agreed. the bears are playing with a shit ton of swag on defense at the present time, and trubisky, green as he may be, looks like he's ready for the challenge. i would be shocked if the eagles win.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles knows how to put points on the board. Does not matter who the Eagles play. Eagles by three!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so... you mean "upstarts" like Philly last year?

Experience consistently proves to be the most over-valued aspect of a team in the post-season. For any sport. Especially when it comes to arm-chair gurus with a short memory.

The gap between the two teams cannot be filled by a non-existent (or hardly existent) variable like "experience". When the two teams take the field, it's just a football game... and the Bears losing a football game, at home in January is a highly unlikely scenario to play itself out.

Having to play this game is a mere formality.
I hope you are not disappointed in the outcome.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it can't.

WHAT!! they're the defending champs, they have a little swagger back, for you to think they have no shot is crazy talk ... Of course they have a shot, Bears should be favored at home but this game will be closer than you think, Bears aren't some super power team... Also keep in mind, Philly is better with Foles, and that's who you're gonna be facing...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D has not generated a whole lot of turnovers. Opposite situation of Chicago.