• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Divisional round part 2: Dallas vs Green Bay

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl of cold greasy chili and a glass of warm dishwater will cure that.

I'll pass. About to have a bologna sandwich with some mayo, mustard, and sharp cheddar cheese with some french fries. And beer, can't forget the beer.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass. About to have a bologna sandwich with some mayo, mustard, and sharp cheddar cheese with some french fries. And beer, can't forget the beer.
hangover-cure_o_1161884.jpg

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the playoff game of the year.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game time. Oh man, I hope this is another lopsided victory with the Packers being triumphant, just to maintain a moderate blood pressure, but that's not gonna happen...Good luck Cowboy fans.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@starbigd, you gonna show after being convinced Dallas would win last week on the Packers-Giants thread?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the playoff game of the year.

Not saying much this postseason but I agree......should be an old fashioned slobberknocker.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game time. Oh man, I hope this is another lopsided victory with the Packers being triumphant, just to maintain a moderate blood pressure, but that's not gonna happen...Good luck Cowboy fans.
Good Luck to you Brother. Best QB vs Best record in NFC. May the best team win:suds:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Plan for Dal

1.) Keep Rodgers in the pocket. Use occasional disguised blitzes. Sometimes only rush three and keep an athletic LB like Lee to spy on Rodgers if he tries to run. Don't freeze when he starts dancing in the pocket attack him. Don't fall for his pump fakes, or spin move to the outside.

2.) They must put their most athletic safety on the Cook. Their strongest CB should cover Adams and quickest corner should go vs Cobb.

3.) Don't let Montgomery bounce runs to the outside. When Michael runs stay gap disciplined. The entire team must tackle RIP. If you have a LB cover Ty out of the backfield if he does catch it he must hit him before he has a chance to turn it up field.

4.) Zeke must run off tackle or bounce to the outside instead of running up the gut. Stay away from Nick Perry. Running to the left side should be more successful than just running up the gut or to the right. He must be successful on first downs so they can utilize the play action fakes and be more effective on second down.

5.) Dak must get rid of the ball quickly if it's not a play action fake or CMIII, Peppers or Perry be in his grill. If you throw the rock deep throw it to the right side of the field where GB lets QB's average a 122 QB rating. Dak can also utilize the read option which GB has struggled with before in the postseason. Do not overthrow the ball or throw it high. Ha Ha lives for those passes and probably made the all pro team because of it. If Randall is covering the speedy WR I would try a double move pump fake on him. He wants to jump the route and has been caught looking in the backfield before. If Dak catches him that could be easy pitch and catch. Packers have done well vs TE's and RB's for the most part this year but have been up and down vs WR's 1-3.

6.) Screens, screens and more screens. Packers fall for the screen pass routinely. Both RB's have home run speed so if they can catch the ball and have blockers in front they can do significant damage. Utilize this on a 3rd and long to keep Dak out of trouble.

7.) As for SPT's the Packers have been average at best this year on KR. Their PR man is now Hyde instead of Cobb. Hyde has made a few good returns but doesn't have HR speed.

8.) WR's must be ready to be physical as GB has started using more bump and run instead of allowing easy 10 yard receptions in soft zone. I would do crossing patterns and picks to free up quick and agile guys like Beasley who will be covered by our slot DB in Hyde who is great in coverage but sometimes slips on bad fields to give up an easy reception. Sometimes Randall will look in the backfield and will fall for the pump fake since he wants to make the INT. He can be burned due to this tendency. Dak can make him pay if he does this today. Gunter will be on Dez and Hyde will be on Beasley.

9.) No turnovers. Dal must not turnover the rock. GB has a + 14 TO ratio over the last 7 games I believe and have done well in scoring points. On the flip side they must force GB to turn the rock over. Cook has the least reliable hands of the bunch so he would be the guy to target.

10.) Trick plays the Packers almost always fall for this. I would chose key moments in the game to attempt huge trick plays.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Plan for Dal

1.) Keep Rodgers in the pocket. Use occasional disguised blitzes. Sometimes only rush three and keep an athletic LB like Lee to spy on Rodgers if he tries to run. Don't freeze when he starts dancing in the pocket attack him. Don't fall for his pump fakes, or spin move to the outside.

2.) They must put their most athletic safety on the Cook. Their strongest CB should cover Adams and quickest corner should go vs Cobb.

3.) Don't let Montgomery bounce runs to the outside. When Michael runs stay gap disciplined. The entire team must tackle RIP. If you have a LB cover Ty out of the backfield if he does catch it he must hit him before he has a chance to turn it up field.

4.) Zeke must run off tackle or bounce to the outside instead of running up the gut. Stay away from Nick Perry. Running to the left side should be more successful than just running up the gut or to the right. He must be successful on first downs so they can utilize the play action fakes and be more effective on second down.

5.) Dak must get rid of the ball quickly if it's not a play action fake or CMIII, Peppers or Perry be in his grill. If you throw the rock deep throw it to the right side of the field where GB lets QB's average a 122 QB rating. Dak can also utilize the read option which GB has struggled with before in the postseason. Do not overthrow the ball or throw it high. Ha Ha lives for those passes and probably made the all pro team because of it. If Randall is covering the speedy WR I would try a double move pump fake on him. He wants to jump the route and has been caught looking in the backfield before. If Dak catches him that could be easy pitch and catch. Packers have done well vs TE's and RB's for the most part this year but have been up and down vs WR's 1-3.

6.) Screens, screens and more screens. Packers fall for the screen pass routinely. Both RB's have home run speed so if they can catch the ball and have blockers in front they can do significant damage. Utilize this on a 3rd and long to keep Dak out of trouble.

7.) As for SPT's the Packers have been average at best this year on KR. Their PR man is now Hyde instead of Cobb. Hyde has made a few good returns but doesn't have HR speed.

8.) WR's must be ready to be physical as GB has started using more bump and run instead of allowing easy 10 yard receptions in soft zone. I would do crossing patterns and picks to free up quick and agile guys like Beasley who will be covered by our slot DB in Hyde who is great in coverage but sometimes slips on bad fields to give up an easy reception. Sometimes Randall will look in the backfield and will fall for the pump fake since he wants to make the INT. He can be burned due to this tendency. Dak can make him pay if he does this today. Gunter will be on Dez and Hyde will be on Beasley.

9.) No turnovers. Dal must not turnover the rock. GB has a + 14 TO ratio over the last 7 games I believe and have done well in scoring points. On the flip side they must force GB to turn the rock over. Cook has the least reliable hands of the bunch so he would be the guy to target.

10.) Trick plays the Packers almost always fall for this. I would chose key moments in the game to attempt huge trick plays.
All that being said, if the Packers' first drive is a three and out, is the game over?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I might talk a lot of shit but I just want a great game and no injuries to any players.