• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Championship Game: #3 Detroit Lions @ #1 San Francisco 49ers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting a hard fought battle, should be a ton-o-fun. And of course that goes perhaps double for the Chiefs-Ravens game. Talk about anticipation!
Playoff football is always fun, all good teams, one and done...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1v3 for both championship games. And probably the legit 4 best teams in the league.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lions are the team I wanted to root for if my 9ers got bounced so out of all the teams to make the playoffs in the NFC playoffs at least if we lose it's to the Lions.

The forecast so far looks like it'll just be overcast so that bodes well for both teams but considering how Purdy has played in the rain in his NFL career I'd have to say that benefits the 9ers more.

Deebo's status is still unclear but I'm inclined to think he ends up playing since the injury seems like it's not serious and it's the NFC Championship game.

9ers played ugly against the Pack but I was encouraged with the 2nd half where they played better.

Defensively they really had 2 major negative plays in giving up a 41 yard PI penalty on 3rd and 15 and giving up the 53 yard run to Aaron Judges. Other than those two plays they really didn't allow much for the Packers offense.

They also did better on offense in the 2nd half though it still wasn't great except for that final drive where Purdy and the offense looked more like themselves.

But no question the Lions are capable of beating the 9ers especially if they can do what the Packers didn't and get TDs early on them.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like footbaw

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE that the Lions made it this far. They’re playing with house money now. I certainly wouldn’t bet a dollar on them winning this game though.

I hope they can shock the world, but the score may be similar to what happened last time they were in the NFC championship. Regardless, I’m glad I get to see them back in this game.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Tweets were from week 6 when 49ers had pre-grame scuffle with the Browns.... guess they can finally talk in person this upcoming weekend.
Is Deebo even cleared to play yet? I thought I heard that he might be out this weekend.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions on the road are much different than at home. I'm hoping the Niners got all the rust and jitters out last night and will come out looking normal and get the win.
I think the Niners will be better but I also think Shanahan coached a terrible game in bad weather. He was so set on his "gameplan" and didn't adjust to the simple fact that his QB was obviously uncomfortable and couldn't properly grip and throw throw the ball. I like Purdy but he has real issues in wet weather. Kyle can be a little stubborn and get into trouble at times. He really dodged a huge bullet Saturday because if Green Bay would have finished them off, the negative Purdy spin would have been the talking point the entire off-season. Sadly, Purdy would have been in the cross hairs when it should be Shanahan. Purdy had a subpar game but he really shouldn't have been in that situation. Even Andy Reid is smart enough to run the damn ball in bad weather. Mahomes with 23 drop backs while Purdy has 39? Stupid play calling. I think we will see San Fran get back to what they do best and not try to get cute but we will also see if Deebo can go or for how long if he does. Tough test for the Lions but I am really rooting for them, obviously.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions on the road are much different than at home. I'm hoping the Niners got all the rust and jitters out last night and will come out looking normal and get the win.

I think they have pretty much have the same record at home as they do on the road. I thought I heard they had one of the best road records in the NFL.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have pretty much have the same record at home as they do on the road. I thought I heard they had one of the best road records in the NFL.

6-3 and that includes their "loss" in Dallas. They've won at KC, Green Bay, Minesota, SD and Tampa Bay. I was going to reply to that also but I'm not sure exactly what he meant by they're different on the road. I'd much rather it be played at Ford Field and so would they, but they've been a good road team this season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for the injury report on this game. Detroit had one of the best run defenses in the league so I wouldn't expect McCaffrey to do much on the ground. If Deebo is out that really hamstrings them and forces Purdy to pass which is a weakness.

On the flip side, if Detroit's OL is still in shambles they'll also have trouble marching against San Fran. Could be a low scoring game.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been pointed out already...Shanahan's game plan Saturday night was horrible. CMac with 17 carries in that game was ridiculous. The 49ers were incredibly lucky to come away with the W. I know the Lions are good against the run, but CMac needs at least 20+ carries in that game. He most likely won't average 6 ypc, but he doesn't need to. They cannot put the game in Purdy's hands.