• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Up: Home against California (Pregame Discussion)

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main-Banner.png

cal-logo.png
YFhnH.png
NCAA_Arizona_State_Sun_Devils_200x200_trans.png

Saturday, September 24 at 10:00 PM ET
Sun Devil Stadium

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news out of Phoenix today, and that's the fact that Tim White is set to play this weekend, after sitting out the second half against UTSA. Granted, the caught punts, but a healthy Tim White is a massive lift.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow these two play this week?

This should be a fun shootout to watch

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - and it will be two different styles going up against one another. Cal uses the passing game more, and we rely on our RBs to open up the field. If Manny has a solid game, I think we'll be able to win this game, but it definitely has the signs of being a shootout.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate myself for predicting the Bears will prevail over my SunDevils.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow these two play this week?

This should be a fun shootout to watch
Hey Boise! Remember me? I forget your handle during the ESPN days. I visited Boise last month on business travel and I made a visit and got a photo of the smurf turf. No lie.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Boise! Remember me? I forget your handle during the ESPN days. I visited Boise last month on business travel and I made a visit and got a photo of the smurf turf. No lie.

My username was similar to this, I can't quite remember what is was. This was my original username, I lost it because I got banned for a discussion on the moon...but that's a completely different story. I definitely remember you, either from there or here I'm not sure which at this point. Did you hang around the subforums or the main college football one?

Boise is a nice place, I was born there but moved out to Ohio when I was a kid, lived there since. Visited Boise a few times since. Most recently I did a few summers ago, we have a tour for the blue turf and everything. I can't believe how much the campus has grown, it actually looks like a major college campus now with new modern buildings.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the game gets closer, I can't help by think that this will be one of those games that the first one to 50 points wins. 2 good defenses + 2 bad defenses = whole lotta points.

I still feel confident that the Sun Devils will win this one. Cal struggles on all aspects of defense, where ASU's just awful at pass defense. This means that the duo of Richard and Ballage should be fed the ball about 15-10 times each, add to that the fact that Manny Wilkins is a run threat, the Cal's defense could be in some real trouble.

I think ASU's defense has the advantage over Cal as we have some key pieces coming back. I also think that our run defense is actually decent, meaning the goal should be to make sure Cal is one dimensional.

I think it'll be interesting to see what Hamnsen and Webb can do against our secondary. If we are even able to slow them down a little, then I think we will be fine.

Cal is coming off a great win against Texas, where ASU struggled against UTSA.

At this stage, ASU is a -4 favorite, and I think this game will be close.

The difference to me is the location, and since this is in Tempe and the addition of Rose to the ASU secondary, I think ASU wins.

Arizona State 52- Cal 48

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My username was similar to this, I can't quite remember what is was. This was my original username, I lost it because I got banned for a discussion on the moon...but that's a completely different story. I definitely remember you, either from there or here I'm not sure which at this point. Did you hang around the subforums or the main college football one?

Boise is a nice place, I was born there but moved out to Ohio when I was a kid, lived there since. Visited Boise a few times since. Most recently I did a few summers ago, we have a tour for the blue turf and everything. I can't believe how much the campus has grown, it actually looks like a major college campus now with new modern buildings.
I think you were Boise4Life? I was everywhere but mostly hung on college football
Yes It is a nice campus!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you were Boise4Life? I was everywhere but mostly hung on college football
Yes It is a nice campus!

No sir

Boise4Life is actually around here though, usually sticks to the Boise State board or college football board

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a good night when we win and UOFA loses.
Great Game ASU! 31 pts in the 4th.