• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Next Up: DC Nationals

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu had no hitter type stuff today. Great performance. Sad to hear we might miss Nelly....but not that sad. I'll be there Thursday. Bats need to come alive again.

After he got through the first, I couldn't agree with ya more. Their hitters looked lost and helpless.

Get us a win this week.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This in on Nelson:

Baltimore Orioles outfielder Nelson Cruz left Sunday's game against the Houston Astros with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch in the third inning.

Cruz entered the game hitting .315 and has a major league-leading 20 homers and 52 RBIs.

The team said X-rays were negative, and Cruz is listed as day to day.

"Anytime you get hit in the hand you get concerned," Cruz said. "I tried to stay but I wasn't able to grab the bat. So hopefully (Monday) I'll be good."

Ironically, it was Scott Feldman who hit him.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting observation.

I have always enjoyed the banter among opposing fans at the ball park; ours or theirs. And I've never been to Fenway. But will tell ya, I've seen approximately 15 different teams in Arlington, and Boston's fans are the least fun - by far - of anyone's IMO.

Stuck up, aloof, and down right unfriendly.

In fact, I can't name a team I haven't had some decent times with their fans other than Boston.

Yeah, it seemed like that to me a little too when I went to see us play the Sox at the Ballpark this year. But maybe I just talk to the wrong assholes. As Romero said, people get a little more brash on sports boards and this likely true at games too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seemed like that to me a little too when I went to see us play the Sox at the Ballpark this year. But maybe I just talk to the wrong assholes. As Romero said, people get a little more brash on sports boards and this likely true at games too.

All I can say is what I've said. 14 teams I've enjoyed their fans and ONE which I haven't/don't.

Ironically, one of my buddy's sons is a Sox fan, and his dad & I made these observations before we went to a game last year and when the game was over he said something to the effect of: "I see what ya mean."

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side Note: Never really liked Boston fans or Pats fans on forums like these- well not here but ESPN. Anyway, I have to say Boston is a very nice city from what I have seen so far and most of the people actually seem pretty likable.

As far as cities go it is one of the better ones. Just talking about the city overall and not the fans.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am wrong on this thought but watching some of the replay and I do not think that Martin is a hit a run guy. He really does not strike me as someone who is going to handle the bat well to protect a runner. Glad he hit the homer afterwards.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am wrong on this thought but watching some of the replay and I do not think that Martin is a hit a run guy. He really does not strike me as someone who is going to handle the bat well to protect a runner. Glad he hit the homer afterwards.

Doesn't bode well to ask him to try and do to much, he needs to feel comfortable at the plate and just have good AB's

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This in on Nelson:

Baltimore Orioles outfielder Nelson Cruz left Sunday's game against the Houston Astros with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch in the third inning.

Cruz entered the game hitting .315 and has a major league-leading 20 homers and 52 RBIs.

The team said X-rays were negative, and Cruz is listed as day to day.

"Anytime you get hit in the hand you get concerned," Cruz said. "I tried to stay but I wasn't able to grab the bat. So hopefully (Monday) I'll be good."

Ironically, it was Scott Feldman who hit him.

What is it with bruised bones (hands) this year?
Hamilton, Cruz and Cano
huh