• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Giants @Seattle Seahawks

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ticket prices are stupid anyway. 1 months worth of food to see a game and to come home deaf for 3 days? lol I love the Seahawks and if you have never been to a game you have to go thats a must but I have been there done that but i refuse to pay $300+ to go see a game and that's if you are not drinking or eating anything lol..
I get it, there are times I think to myself it might be time to retire from being a season ticket holder. being there for the big wins is a hell of an experience though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ticket prices are stupid anyway. 1 months worth of food to see a game and to come home deaf for 3 days? lol I love the Seahawks and if you have never been to a game you have to go thats a must but I have been there done that but i refuse to pay $300+ to go see a game and that's if you are not drinking or eating anything lol..
Some games are so awesome to be there, but the cost is so steep, food and drinks are expensive and waiting in line to use the bathroom isn't fun. Besides at home you get the replays with different camera angels, that you don't get at the game. Also nice to be in a nice comfortable chair, warm ( rather then freezing cold you will experience at games), with the food and drinks handy and your own private bathroom. Also you have time to be part of game threads. LOL
As a fan I feel you should experience being in person a few times at least.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was at the game where the the 12's broke the noise record for a stadium..... the first time. The energy was unreal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some games are so awesome to be there, but the cost is so steep, food and drinks are expensive and waiting in line to use the bathroom isn't fun. Besides at home you get the replays with different camera angels, that you don't get at the game. Also nice to be in a nice comfortable chair, warm ( rather then freezing cold you will experience at games), with the food and drinks handy and your own private bathroom. Also you have time to be part of game threads. LOL

Football is the one sport I don't enjoy watching live. The field is too long, and it's such a game of inches, I want all the views and HD camera.... I really don't mind crappy weather or anything... and then it's a sport that just drives me nuts to watch around other people. Everyone is talking about random stuff, screaming yelling when your home team has the ball on offense, or during SBOWL parties about the commercials, or some random dork walks in asking how their bean dip is.... the level of rage that goes through me.... just not worth.

Baseball is slow and lots of non-action - fine. Always happy to go to a baseball game.
Basketball is just such a small court and outside of the dumbass fouls it's easy enough to follow along.
Hockey nobody understands or can see anything anyway regardless of whether it's on TV or live.
And then there's golf... people are fucking insane for watching that live.... immediately cut ties with anyone you know that goes to watch golf tournaments live.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark, you will never get to scream in an opposing teams face and laugh at them when they are in their deepest moments of sorrow.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is the one sport I don't enjoy watching live. The field is too long, and it's such a game of inches, I want all the views and HD camera.... I really don't mind crappy weather or anything... and then it's a sport that just drives me nuts to watch around other people. Everyone is talking about random stuff, screaming yelling when your home team has the ball on offense, or during SBOWL parties about the commercials, or some random dork walks in asking how their bean dip is.... the level of rage that goes through me.... just not worth.

Baseball is slow and lots of non-action - fine. Always happy to go to a baseball game.
Basketball is just such a small court and outside of the dumbass fouls it's easy enough to follow along.
Hockey nobody understands or can see anything anyway regardless of whether it's on TV or live.
And then there's golf... people are fucking insane for watching that live.... immediately cut ties with anyone you know that goes to watch golf tournaments live.
I've never been to a Golf Tournament, but I could see it being a good time to hang out and drink; definitely doing the Waste Management Open one of these years:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for me, I didn't have to pay for food, parking or my ticket since I was in our corporate suite... My company paid for it all...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road games in Philly were fun.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the better experience, the suite or the stands?
For me? The stands for sure. My 1st suite game, I was one of the later ones to arrive. It was a bit of a hub hub session as I wanted to watch the game. I said for all in earshot, “you guys are going to love me or hate me after this game. I’m watching the game.“
and there I went.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure I have been to about 300 Seahawk games.
The hunter hunts during season, right? The fisherman fishes, the skier skis. This is/was my season of sportsmanship. I can’t tell you how many times it was pouring rain at 9 am as I am preparing to go to the game. I didn’t want to go. Yet, I sucked it up and went. Almost every game of every season since I became a STHr in ‘87.
and had a blast.
Took our oldest son, who is a great fan, to about 200 games.
Great times that I wouldn’t change for anything.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've sent my son to I believe 3 games. I also in the beginning included the ticket and travel and everything else but liquor for my nephew who went along to care take for my son. (seizures). My daughter also went along so she got a free ride first time out too.

Picked up the room. they all stayed in one room for 2 nights. That happened twice. Next time cousin got his own room, etc.

They fucked up the first time and didn't leave Vancouver until Sunday around 8 AM. Border nightmare. Got to the game against I believe it was Tennessee just before the half. I paid for all 3 tickets.

The next 2 games they saw were against Dallas. Always travelling on the day before and staying for 2 nights. Including the pre-season game where Romo got crunched awkwardly. Right in front of them.

They loved the weekends,. Which was the point.

Missus and I went out for dinner and enjoyed ourselves.

I still watched NFL on Sunday Ticket all day long.