• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Giants @Seattle Seahawks

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the defense.. Mafe needs more snaps... and I hate to say it, but Taylor needs to be benched.

You don't hate to say it. You've been saying it for a while now. Taylor didn't finish the game today. He got hurt.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't hate to say it. You've been saying it for a while now. Taylor didn't finish the game today. He got hurt.

Taylor was all ready playing injured going into this game.

"In additional positive injury news for the Seahawks, defensive tackle Poona Ford and linebacker Darrell Taylor will be available after sitting out practice on Wednesday and Thursday with foot and groin injuries respectively"

I didn't think Taylor was even going to play.

The fact they have our DE's chasing RB down the field tells you that they need a different plan than 4-3 DE and thats why Irvin was brought back. True 3-4 outside linebackers are a different breed than what we have on our roster.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I kind of do hate to say it... I had high hopes for Taylor coming into the season... but it's clear he's not matching up with the scheme Seattle is running. He just didn't pick up on the new scheme, which is kind of sad, because I think given an opportunity in a true 4-3 DE role he could be effective.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I kind of do hate to say it... I had high hopes for Taylor coming into the season... but it's clear he's not matching up with the scheme Seattle is running. He just didn't pick up on the new scheme, which is kind of sad, because I think given an opportunity in a true 4-3 DE role he could be effective.

He played well last week. Didn't play much today.

Still want to fire the DC?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how our defense has adjusted over the last 3 to 4 weeks. That’s great coaching and playing to the strengths of your players. Nwosu has been amazing… Bruce is showing flashes as well. I watched the game today from our suite and it was great in all three facets of the game. We kind of dominated outside that fumble by Lockett at the 2 yard line. Geno had 2 to 3 drops that could have resulted in touchdowns. Great play by the team today against a good Giants team….

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played well last week. Didn't play much today.

Still want to fire the DC?

........... well, fair. I deserve that.

That said, Seattle has been playing a number of offenses that are pretty beat up. I still don't agree with the scheme Hurtt is trying to run with the personnel, but either way him and Carroll have the younger guys on the defense believing and playing 100%. That's huge especially for a defense where timing/rhythm doesn't matter as much as an offense. Is that Hurtt or Carroll? Dunno...

I'll take it for now.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense really pitched a perfect ball game I really don't blame them for that TD where the offense turned the ball over on the 1 yard line. Also the key thing is we won the turnover battle if homeboy never would have fumbled the ball twice on the return that would have been a very tight uncomfortable game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........... well, fair. I deserve that.

That said, Seattle has been playing a number of offenses that are pretty beat up. I still don't agree with the scheme Hurtt is trying to run with the personnel, but either way him and Carroll have the younger guys on the defense believing and playing 100%. That's huge especially for a defense where timing/rhythm doesn't matter as much as an offense. Is that Hurtt or Carroll? Dunno...

I'll take it for now.

There was a good article on the The Athletic someone posted that talks about how the Seahawks changed DL lane assignments and how that made a huge difference. They were given the 2 technique assignments in order to help the linebackers but it had the opposite effect. They switched the DTs to a 3 technique and they got more penetration and wound up helping the LBs more.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a fun and exciting team to watch. 4 picks in the first 2 rounds in next years draft is icing on our cake.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how our defense has adjusted over the last 3 to 4 weeks. That’s great coaching and playing to the strengths of your players. Nwosu has been amazing… Bruce is showing flashes as well. I watched the game today from our suite and it was great in all three facets of the game. We kind of dominated outside that fumble by Lockett at the 2 yard line. Geno had 2 to 3 drops that could have resulted in touchdowns. Great play by the team today against a good Giants team….

Whats the better experience, the suite or the stands?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Vancouver last week and really wanted to swing by Seattle for the game yesterday. But I'm flying to Italy on Thursday and I have too many things to get done before that. So bummed I couldn't make that game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Vancouver last week and really wanted to swing by Seattle for the game yesterday. But I'm flying to Italy on Thursday and I have too many things to get done before that. So bummed I couldn't make that game.
your screen name makes sense now

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the better experience, the suite or the stands?

Suites at CLINK (Lumen field... get the fuck outta here) are pretty nice. I've only been in a couple but it was for Sounders games. Never been in one during a Seahawks game but given how crappy/cold our weather is for most of the NFL season, I'd imagine it's great.

The fact Anointed hasn't invited me is fine... that's a personal choice *chambers round*

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My recroom.

I like to sit and watch, not stand and scream.

Agreed entirely <3

Football is such a game of inches and the field is so long/vast, I want every possible angle that technology can bring me that you just simply can't get watching the game live. Basketball the court is small enough, baseball is just a slow sport in general... hockey nobody can understand what the fuck is going on regardless until someone scores a goal... but football? It really is one of the worst sports to watch in person.

I bought a couple Seahawks tickets (when I lived there) that I just never went to. I was like, "Eh, too comfortable at home, the weather sucks, and I'd like to see the up close action" and also bailed on a suite visit lol (the suite visits I went to were in the summer with the Sounders). When it comes to the Hawks/NFL, I like to have the best view possible to spew my bullshit and rants... and the best view possible sad as it may be, is in front of a fucking screen.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ticket prices are stupid anyway. 1 months worth of food to see a game and to come home deaf for 3 days? lol I love the Seahawks and if you have never been to a game you have to go thats a must but I have been there done that but i refuse to pay $300+ to go see a game and that's if you are not drinking or eating anything lol..