• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the good news is that we started the season against 2 really good, teams, ones that are predicted to be right at the top of the conference standings and we held on with them. Got a point against Florida and should've, could've, would've won against Tampa Bay. I'd have preferred the win but we certainly didn't look totally out of place against 2 real good teams.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, after that bolt game, it is painfully obvious that Palmieri is no Kovy.... my god, how many opportunities did he have on the PP from the left side to bury a shot off the pass and didn't make it... he takes too long with his shot... it was so painful to watch.... It had to at least be more than 4.... cross ice pass to him, moving goalie and NOTHING.... so sad to lose that game after a great start and they looked good....

By the way, what is the "penalty" for the coaches challenge if they are wrong on the off side replay? Is it they lose there time out????? because if it is, that is BS... it should be a 2 minute PP... Time outs are hardly used in hockey anyway..... so what if you lose the ONE you have... its more need in football.... Please tell me that the penalty is a lot more than just losing a time out.... Replay should not exist in hockey....

i was coming to post this exact thing about palmeri.

first off this game was not only 1000000000% more watchable and enjoyable it was a lot better effort by the devils. if they can play this way over the year i think they will be in good shape to make the playoffs.

love the french guy on d. severson hasn't looked bad this year but he hasn't been great either. he got manhandled again and looked like he got hurt with brown.

can anyone hit the net? how many times did they have at the end and can't hit the net? i also thought the 3rd goal was a little weak on cory's part. yeah i get he made a ton of great saves but still that was a stoppable shot.

your right about the replay challenges. there really isn't a penalty for using one. you challenge a goal and it takes about 4-5mins to look at it so your 30 second time out just got 5x longer. how about the times they review it in Toronto its no goal then the team challenges it for another look. your going to see a team just challenge an offside call when they need a timeout that is longer then 30 seconds. there really needs to be a penalty like you said. coaches just cant challenge an illegal stick blade without a penalty

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
which isn't a penalty since they are getting a time out during the replay. they should make the challenging team have to skate laps until the review is done

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea there's really no harm is losing a challenge.

Unless something stupid as 30 sec pp for the other team

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i still dont get why/how the nhl can only give 1 timeout for the entire game? IMO there should be a timeout each period so you have a chance at using 3 a game. playoffs in overtime you get 1 each overtime.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its because there are plenty of stoppages in hockey with off sides, puck out of play, puck covered, icing, etc.
For regular season, I am fine with the one timeout. I don't think timeouts are as critical as the NFL for example where timeouts, especially toward end of half and game are very important.
I used to watch NBA more back in the day and all the timeouts annoyed me.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 10/18 Game: HOME OPENER!!!!

per Andrew gross via FnI:

Also, should be a safe bet Cory Schneider gets the start in the home opener tonight against the Ducks.

Lines/D-pairs:

Taylor Hall-Travis Zajac-P.A. Parenteau

Mike Cammalleri-Adam Henrique-Kyle Palmieri

Beau Bennett-Pavel Zacha-Devante Smith-Pelly

Reid Boucher-Vern Fiddler-Jacob Josefson

Andy Greene-Damon Severson

John Moore-Ben Lovejoy

Yohann Auvitu-Kyle Quincey/Steven Santini

Power play-A: Palmieri-Severson, Hall-Josefson-Zajac

Power play B: Auvitu-Cammalleri, Parenteau-Henrique-Smith-Pelly

These were the morning skate lines....

I am not surprised if Hall is off with Rico, like i said, they played together before NHL days but doesnt guarantee a quick mesh now.

If the lines are true:
Hall n Zajac I think could work, at least what else we have to lose? lol.... PA, i guess, lets see right? I wonder if a healthy Elias would be someone to click with Hall?

2nd line screams speed n elusiveness to me. no size at all but lets see?

3rd line seems like a cast of misfits lol. All hustle n energy? like to see Zacha shoot more but how will he play with DSP n vice versa?

4th line, REID!!! terrible line. absolute miscast here... he has no business being on the 4th with Fiddler n JJ.. sorry, no.

Again, nothing set in stone but these were the morning pairings.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahaha that's one win hall got us that we wouldn't have had last year.

The panthers game was brutal to watch and they almost won it late. Tampa game just like tonight a ton of chances and the skill is clearly a vast improvement from last year.

I did cringe thinking about kinkaid getting a start probably against the wild on Saturday.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many PPs do we need to score? lol.... got to improve on those chances.

Felt scary at the end but we held on. I think Hall found his center but now he needs a RW, assuming Palmeiri stays on the 2nd.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can't remember seeing the devils win so many draws. It's a huge help when you don't have to chase the puck constantly. Also the 7 power plays is a nice surprise but you get the calls when your out there moving your legs and forcing the other team to take penalties.

Btw what a bs call for a penalty shot. He wasn't denied a scoring chance

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also I'm really digging the French on d. So far he hasn't disappointed and he's getting pp time as the lone d man. That shows you they trust him

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I'm really digging the French on d. So far he hasn't disappointed and he's getting pp time as the lone d man. That shows you they trust him

I've liked him as well so far. Hopefully he really is Rafalski 2.0.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that's for sure is this team is not going to win the physical matchup, maybe ever. We are a soft team, getting our asses kicked out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.