• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not going to say they deserved 2 pts because there were times they were very sloppy and Cory had to stay very sharp. They almost scored late in the 3rd a few times.
OT, almost won it with Halls speed creating that chance for I believe Henrique. Besides that, team looked a little lost. Severson didnt expect that hit I guess. I am sure he will be ready next time.

Lovejoy with the first goal of the season. Who would have predicted that.

Side note, Auston Matthews is on pace for 328 goals this season :)
That 2nd goal, man, he made that entire Sens team look bad.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to say they deserved 2 pts because there were times they were very sloppy and Cory had to stay very sharp. They almost scored late in the 3rd a few times.
OT, almost won it with Halls speed creating that chance for I believe Henrique. Besides that, team looked a little lost. Severson didnt expect that hit I guess. I am sure he will be ready next time.

Lovejoy with the first goal of the season. Who would have predicted that.

Side note, Auston Matthews is on pace for 328 goals this season :)
That 2nd goal, man, he made that entire Sens team look bad.
Well i believe it was credited to Parentau for the deflection IIRC... originally it looked like from Auvitu

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was good and bad, I guess the way to look at it glass half full is it's the first game of the year, on the road against a good team, we have 7 new players in the lineup, 3 were rookies and we came away with a point. If 10 games in we're still making mindless mistakes I'll be a bit more concerned.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well i believe it was credited to Parentau for the deflection IIRC... originally it looked like from Auvitu
I mean Lovejoy was the one the puck bounced off for Florida's first goal. Was being sarcastic.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree NM. I was not too upset besides shortly after the Barkov goal. After a few minutes, like you said, realized Florida is a tough team that won the Atlantic last season. Can't be upset with getting a point on the road.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Defensively, I thought they did pretty well especially in the 2nd. Greene had a rough first half of the game. Pretty sure he won't make those types of mistakes all season.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the sky falling yet Cup??? Just kidding... haven't heard his take on opening night... I thought we were lucky to get a point.... we didn't really deserve that... if not for Cory, this game will of been ugly fast... the lack of offense once again is a concern... I know its early but was expecting a little more than what I saw last year... on to Tampa.....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
woof! what a brutal game!

no the sky isn't falling but damn i was expecting a little more of the kovy/zach days in terms of excitement. there were long stretches of that game last night where not much of anything was going on. i do agree and think that a lot of it can be chalked up to a ton of new player turnover but still thats why they do play preseason games and training camp. i did notice a lot of fancy passing out there when shots would've served them better. i dont like being the opening act for home teams so thankfully the bolts already had their opener.

defense was brutal severson can't get pushed off the puck like that. was that a penalty? puck seemed 20 feet away when he was shoved off it. greene was horrible just seemed the entire team wasn't prepared to play which is the coaching staff fault.

i didn't dig DSP on the top line. i would like to see bennet get into the lineup.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BUUUUUUUUUUUUT

got a point so there is always that. i'm always happy to be able to steal a point

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woof! what a brutal game!

no the sky isn't falling but damn i was expecting a little more of the kovy/zach days in terms of excitement. there were long stretches of that game last night where not much of anything was going on. i do agree and think that a lot of it can be chalked up to a ton of new player turnover but still thats why they do play preseason games and training camp. i did notice a lot of fancy passing out there when shots would've served them better. i dont like being the opening act for home teams so thankfully the bolts already had their opener.

defense was brutal severson can't get pushed off the puck like that. was that a penalty? puck seemed 20 feet away when he was shoved off it. greene was horrible just seemed the entire team wasn't prepared to play which is the coaching staff fault.

i didn't dig DSP on the top line. i would like to see bennet get into the lineup.

I agree with this. DSP was invisible.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was rumblings that DSP may not be quick enough for rico n hall(best wrestler names in hockey?)

Maybe Bennett can be the glue up, or Pal and send Reid on to the 2nd unit or DSP....

Don't think we have a top line just yet either... Hall n Rico played well back in the day before NHL.... give them time to see if they can link up again or maybe seperate them too.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I rather not change much yet besides maybe getting Boucher into the lineup. Games between NJ and Florida always seem to be low offense. They got some good offense too.
In OT, not sure if Zacha was overwhelmed to see his childhood hero Jagr out there the same time or what, but he seemed really lost. He did have some good moments too especially that effort where he hit the crossbar or post. Talent is there.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Cup, I thought it could have been a penalty too... it seemed like interference seeing how he didn't even play the puck, went past it about 10 feet it seemed and pushed defense down who also didn't have the puck, then he skated to it and fed the pass.... it seemed it could have been called.... esp since our dman didn't have the puck.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a completely different team. Let's hope it was just rust in game 1.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's up with this officiating? And was that reall that obvious to over turn that goal? Smell some home cooking. Kill this penalty and let's win this

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after that bolt game, it is painfully obvious that Palmieri is no Kovy.... my god, how many opportunities did he have on the PP from the left side to bury a shot off the pass and didn't make it... he takes too long with his shot... it was so painful to watch.... It had to at least be more than 4.... cross ice pass to him, moving goalie and NOTHING.... so sad to lose that game after a great start and they looked good....

By the way, what is the "penalty" for the coaches challenge if they are wrong on the off side replay? Is it they lose there time out????? because if it is, that is BS... it should be a 2 minute PP... Time outs are hardly used in hockey anyway..... so what if you lose the ONE you have... its more need in football.... Please tell me that the penalty is a lot more than just losing a time out.... Replay should not exist in hockey....

Status
Not open for further replies.