• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Name and Logo Coming Feb 2

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Fredericksburg Va and my first football team I played on was the ferry farm presidents. . I could roll with it
Ironically I grew up in the 'Burg dad but believe we discussed that. You went to Stafford HS correct?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel like it will stay WFT so I think it could be Armada. Hopefully not for Skins fans.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably commanders. The whole military theme tho i agree with sportster that i don't get that connection as enormous Or 'regional' with DC.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely won't be Hogs either i guess

D.C. is shoveling so much pork right now, that I'm sure someone in congress would be offended :D

I think the Hogs would be a great name! We were at Ft. Belvoir in the early 80's, so I can fondly recall the chatter about the hogs in the trenches (offensive line) and the rise of the Hogettes. It would be the best connection to the Redskins of all the choices.

hogettes.jpg

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably commanders. The whole military theme tho i agree with sportster that i don't get that connection as enormous Or 'regional' with DC.

Pentagon, Bethesda, hub of the military, etc., but Commanders doesn't sound like a good football team name.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.C. is shoveling so much pork right now, that I'm sure someone in congress would be offended :D

I think the Hogs would be a great name! We were at Ft. Belvoir in the early 80's, so I can fondly recall the chatter about the hogs in the trenches (offensive line) and the rise of the Hogettes. It would be the best connection to the Redskins of all the choices.

View attachment 286111
The younger fans that have no association to winning ways and a respected franchise seem iffy about that name. I don't have a problem with it but i grew up in the hey day of riches, Gibbs and SBs.

At this point I'm at name fatigue. If anything gets me worked up...at all...it's giving in to public pressure and dropping the name on the first place.

Now Jason Wright and RR likely choose a military themed name to endure into the future... Tone deaf to the tradition and history of what the Redskins encapsulated.

Logo better be fire, because our Indian Chief was the best logo in the NFL imo.

The only nod is the colors...burgundy and gold... Had they gone away from that... Really would have lost more of this dwindling fan base.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pentagon, Bethesda, hub of the military, etc., but Commanders doesn't sound like a good football team name.
Agreed. Maybe an Annapolis connection for the Commander component. But lame from the prospective of 'Hail Commies' that will result for sure.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope they get this right. Realize they can't please everyone with the name itself but that logo... Better be unbelievable

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethesda isn't military unless you are talking about hospitals. That might be appropriate since this team has been wounded, beat a MASH unit for 25 years.

I am getting name fatigue too. It probably doesn't matter for most. 15 years from now most Redskin fans are going to be gone. The damage was done when Snyder gave in.

For me it is more about the fatigue delivered on a regular basis by Snyder. Law suits, sexual harassment, Bruce, Vinny, falling railings and stories I know that aren't available to the public. The only thing that would cure or gloss over all Snyder's shenanigans is winning and I am not betting on that anytime soon.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethesda isn't military unless you are talking about hospitals. That might be appropriate since this team has been wounded, beat a MASH unit for 25 years.
:pound:

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...it's giving in to public pressure and dropping the name on the first place.

Logo better be fire, because our Indian Chief was the best logo in the NFL imo.

Weren't the Redskins named after Indian coach/players? They had no problem with the name. I would have pointed to that and told these little crying bitches to go pound sand.

So, that leaves only the Chiefs and Blackhawks as pro teams named after Native Americans? When does it end? When every team removes everything related to Indians? I don't want to hear one word out of their mouths that they are under represented.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't the Redskins named after Indian coach/players?
Originally they were the Braves out of Boston. Moved to DC and renamed Redskins. Logo designed by a Native American. There were never any data points that favored that most Native Americans disliked the name. Never. Only some loud SJWs and even that didn't move the needle much until stadium advertising Dollars were affected. Danny Boy being so universally hated and a litigation magnet made it even easier for advertisers and SJWs to gain the edge

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally they were the Braves out of Boston. Moved to DC and renamed Redskins. Logo designed by a Native American. There were never any data points that favored that most Native Americans disliked the name. Never. Only some loud SJWs and even that didn't move the needle much until stadium advertising Dollars were affected. Danny Boy being so universally hated and a litigation magnet made it even easier for advertisers and SJWs to gain the edge

Keep the logo and go with the Tribe or Americans. Done. It's a sad end to an era.