• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New desktop..need advise

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I bought a new desktop tower and it is so much faster than the older one. I had 2GB ram and now have 12. What a difference. I had upgraded to windows7 a long time ago and now have 10 (this is gonna take me forever to remember where to find shit).

I still have my old monitor which is a 27" samsung TV.

So having said all that.........

I can't get screen right. It cuts off the edges and my pics look like dookey now. I have tried changing resolution but not working the way it should.

I have also tried to see if there was a driver update to fix but it says up to date. Any suggestions?

I googled suggestions but nothing has worked that I have tried.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get screen right. It cuts off the edges and my pics look like dookey now. I have tried changing resolution but not working the way it should.

I have also tried to see if there was a driver update to fix but it says up to date. Any suggestions?

I googled suggestions but nothing has worked that I have tried.
Sounds like the same problem I had with my HDMI monitor. And with an Nvidia video card. Go to Nvidia's web site and look for the more recent driver, not the most recent Windows included driver. Probably one available. After install installing it if available, go to control panel, (right click start, control panel, hardware and sound). Look for vewi HDCP status on the left side. If that is enabled then you should be able to got change resolution and fix the problem.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the same problem I had with my HDMI monitor. And with an Nvidia video card. Go to Nvidia's web site and look for the more recent driver, not the most recent Windows included driver. Probably one available. After install installing it if available, go to control panel, (right click start, control panel, hardware and sound). Look for vewi HDCP status on the left side. If that is enabled then you should be able to got change resolution and fix the problem.

I am gonna check it out now. I did find a setting on the samsung tv that made it better as far as the aspect ratio is concerned but it still lack the definition I am used to. A pic is not perfect, like it is blown up too much and it shouldn't be that way.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1271406215565.jpg