• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never liked Murray

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought he didn't truly belong in top 3. He is not likable, and his game has slid off the top 5 chart where players like Dimitrov belong who has a much more pleasing game.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought he didn't truly belong in top 3. He is not likable, and his game has slid off the top 5 chart where players like Dimitrov belong who has a much more pleasing game.

I never could stand his game either; full of arrogance! It's ok if you're playing against someone you know you can beat; counter-punching can be quite entertaining! Against the top players, he continues to play this passive-aggressive game that only wears him down; esp. as he gets older! He has a more than competent volley, but would rather hit winners from the baseline when I know he can be so much better; ala "The Big Cat" Mecir! You probaby saw it in his 3 winning efforts at Olympics, USO, and Wimbledon! Unfortunately he thinks he can continue playing that physical game and he's sliding down the ladder! You would think he would be more offensive to avoid wars with players in the 2nd and 3rd tier! :doh: :noidea: :L

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up Fiero? Good to see you here! What do you think of Fed's new aggressive game and his racquet? I think he got back his mental edge over players now that they have similar sized equipment. I especially like his volleying. Never saw him volley this good since the beginning of his career when he was playing with the pro staff.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up Fiero? Good to see you here! What do you think of Fed's new aggressive game and his racquet? I think he got back his mental edge over players now that they have similar sized equipment. I especially like his volleying. Never saw him volley this good since the beginning of his career when he was playing with the pro staff.

wow Hs0022, you and I do agree on one thing.....I love Federer also, but c'mon, why do you dislike Murray so? Must admit he is not the best in the ATP, but he has won 2 slams, some of the BEST haven't won a slam.....that should count for something, right???

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Hs0022, you and I do agree on one thing.....I love Federer also, but c'mon, why do you dislike Murray so? Must admit he is not the best in the ATP, but he has won 2 slams, some of the BEST haven't won a slam.....that should count for something, right???

It's like when you have seen the best everything else is second rate. Fed symbolizes and has all the qualities of a true champion and a legend of the sport and carries the weight of this status with aplomb. He has won the Edberg award countless times and is loved by people all over the world. He is an example that should be followed. I see everything opposite of this in Murray who just ends up being an annoying presence of a counter punching butcher. It's great what he has done for Britain but I think that's about it. I am not British so don't really care but when I root for Fed I feel like I am Swiss .

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only saw a few points of the Fed/Nole contest! I've been saying for years, that'll be the only way Roger can win against the top players; even the 2nd tier are tougher! He needs to attack the net and close out points sooner! He ain't no spring chicken out there! I played with the Pro Staff on and off since the days of wood; it was "the racket" after "The Jack Kramer" back in the 70's! I did the wood, aluminum, then the Edberg model back in the 90's! It's probably my fave after Arthur Ashe's Comp. I & 2! :agree: :clap:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is one of the most purely talented tennis players ever.

Hope he finds his motivation again. It's got to be hard after the Wimbledon win. Nothing else will compare, and he knows it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is one of the most purely talented tennis players ever.

Hope he finds his motivation again. It's got to be hard after the Wimbledon win. Nothing else will compare, and he knows it.

IMO, his motivation is there, just his game has slipped 5%.

And IMO, winning Wimbledon multiple times (especially if he defends his title) would be even greater. Defending a title, especially a major, is a great accomplishment.

But Murray has the game where he can win any major, as long as his serve % and forehand (his two weaknesses) are kept high.