• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never got to watch the game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a lot of people watched it and the replays. Here's my question.
Did Knights' passing look as bad as it sounded on the radio?? Because it sounded like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
:wtf2:

Did the team just look like 1st game jitters, or are there some deeper problems??

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked that bad in the first quarter, but as he settled down it improved greatly. He settled in nicely half way through the second quarter and two of his touchdown passes were surgical. I'm chalking it up to first game jitters for now.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just looked like first game jitter's, a redshirt freshman trying to run a no huddle offense. The more comfortable he felt the better his passes were. I am sure it also took some adjustments from Huepel seeing what TK feel comfortable doing in regards to adjusting for his first game.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really seemed to settle in after he ripped off a pair of long runs in the 2nd quarter. If he's worth anything he should have a field day against our D. :bawling:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of his settling in had to do with the coaches just calling run plays. They quit giving him opportunities once they figured they could just run it down ULM's throat. As mentioned earlier he made some nice passes but also some that were worse than Landry ever threw. I'm talking over throws by 10 yards. We shall see this weekend if he has it all out of his system or if it is who he is.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping it was just a case of first game stage fright. The interviews with the O-line on the Oklahoman web site seemed to indicate that's what they thought it was and he'll be fine.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What concerns me is he was the same way in the Spring game. He started out rough and then settled down. I realize the crowds have gotten bigger but are we going to go through the same thing when he hits the road for the first time at ND? Or what about his first trip to the RRSO?

soonerinark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the line blocks, the recievers get open, and the running game is on then Knight will have big games. At this level it's about even emotions and getting back to neutral game speed. I dont buy he is nervous,scared, or thinking about how many people are in the stands. He is 19 years old and has a learning curve and will show signs of very good and make some mistakes.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll improve as he settles in. Tonight's game should show us a bit more. I expect him to have a pretty good night tonight and against Tulsa. ND's D may be a bit more difficult and I see more running from him that night. The good is that he has the ability to run. There were nights when we all wished LJ had had some wheels. Will never forget Sam's flying cartwheel. I digress.

Anyway, Knight should be fine. We just have to get used to a more mobile QB.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really payed any attention to the game you might of noticed it was alot more than just TK having first big game jitters. He looked shaky in the first quarter, starting setteling in by the second, and after half was doing pretty good. At the same time, his numbers are also skewed a bit, everyone always blames the quarterback for their numbers, but in reality, there were at least five drops by recievers and that doesnt help much. Overall, i felt he played well once he settled, he did have alot of passes that were off the mark in the first half, but also had some that were on the spot and were dropped. The running ability plus the run game helped him settle in.

Most OU fans are to use to seeing 400-500 yards of passing, and i dont think that will happen this year. TK is more of a out of pocket QB and will run if needed. And it looks like OU is bringing back a more option run scheme back, which plays in the abilities of TK. I personally like not throwing on every single play because it will keep the defense on their toes more. TK can run, throw, and give it to someone else to run, and that gives more options to throw at defenses. I am all for TK doing his thing, and i think by the end of the year he will be one of the better multiple scheme QBs OU has had in years.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just looked like first game jitter's, a redshirt freshman trying to run a no huddle offense. The more comfortable he felt the better his passes were. I am sure it also took some adjustments from Huepel seeing what TK feel comfortable doing in regards to adjusting for his first game.

Well I was wrong....