• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebrasketball vs. Baylor -- NCAA Tournament

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get a technical for many different things.

For instance, was he outside his box? Once you get your first technical you cannot step outside your box......it's an automatic 2nd technical. Basically it happens if you walk over to the scorer's table.

As for him getting ejected hurting us........he did not lose us the game, but what he did do was take away any chance we had at coming back. No team ever comes back from double digits after their coach is ejected. That is your leader, and he needs to be there at all times.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get a technical for many different things.

For instance, was he outside his box? Once you get your first technical you cannot step outside your box......it's an automatic 2nd technical. Basically it happens if you walk over to the scorer's table.

As for him getting ejected hurting us........he did not lose us the game, but what he did do was take away any chance we had at coming back. No team ever comes back from double digits after their coach is ejected. That is your leader, and he needs to be there at all times.

It's a big game and there was an obvious fuck up with the shot clock. The Officials need to swallow their pride and get their shit together rather than eject the coach for walking over and telling them they aren't doing their job right.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the game while I was working. The announcers, not the normal Nebraska crew, but the national broadcast team. They were kinda questioning the officiating, without outright calling it biased. Was a tough game to listen to.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know this happened.

Link?

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/statuses/447108698381381632

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/statuses/447108807080960000

https://twitter.com/TomGrantHOL/statuses/447116767630876672

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraBR/statuses/447109668997840896

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is his explanation for the technical though?

All that statement is about is the shot clock.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing yet. Pool reporter wasn't even allowed to record the statement...was told to bring a pen and paper.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is gonna have such a chip on their shoulder next year.

This feels like Nebraska Football back in the 90's when we adopted the Unfinished Business slogan.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with that. These guys gave us a hell of a season. I'm disappointed it had to end, but I like our chances going forward.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thing about the 2nd technical is this.......for all we know Tim Miles may have told the Ref to choke on the operator's dick or something.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
When asked to elaborate on what he thought prompted the second technical foul, Miles said:

"The ball got swung around, as it was going back the other direction my assistant said, 'Coach, Coach, Coach, the shot clock is not running.'

"So I started running toward the shot clock guy to say the clock's not running, the clock's not running, buzz the horn. At the same time, we foul. Now the last thing I wanted to do was go to the foul line again.

"So I'm like, 'You know, the shot clock never ran.' Whatever. In my mind I'm thinking that's a correctable error. That is something we can go correct, and the official (Hess) came over and T'd me up. I said, 'It's the shot clock. It never ran …'

"I'm like, 'I'm just trying to get the game in line, that's a correctable error.' He's like, 'It's too late. You're gone.'"

Hess provided a statement after the game in which he acknowledged that prior to the second technical foul call, "there was a shot clock error that both the shot clock operator and officials did not notice. The error should have been noticed and could have been corrected."

:lame:
Hess also said that Miles was assessed the second technical foul "due to the parameters of rule 10, section 3, article 2, items E and F."

Those items pertain to circumstances when a coach objects to an official's decision by "rising from the bench or using gestures," or when he incites "undesirable crowd reactions."
:lame:

Nebraska coach Miles ejected

Here ya go JJM....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he probably told the ref it was a bunch of bullshit.....

It sucks after you get that first Technical because after that all you gotta do is fart and you'll get the 2nd one. I done been around this game too long.....I've coached, played, and reffed it. I've gotten a Technical as a coach, and the first thing they tell you is that you better stay put in your box or you'll get the 2nd one.

I just hate it that after 16 years this is how it had to happen. Fuck me :L

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM ye have a shitass attitude right now

Git behind this overachieving team right now or yer grounded

:dance:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he probably told the ref it was a bunch of bullshit.....

It sucks after you get that first Technical because after that all you gotta do is fart and you'll get the 2nd one. I done been around this game too long.....I've coached, played, and reffed it. I've gotten a Technical as a coach, and the first thing they tell you is that you better stay put in your box or you'll get the 2nd one.

I just hate it that after 16 years this is how it had to happen. Fuck me :L

That's not what that says at all. He gave him the T because he was waving his arms (trying to get someone's attention). They gave him the T before he even said anything to the ref. Miles didn't do anything wrong.

On the bright side, I don't think you'll have to wait another 16 years to do it again :suds:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to belabor the point, but this is who we were dealing with here:

His modus operandi is simple: stealing the spotlight in any and every game he officiates, and making blatantly awful calls in huge situations. His style is so controlling and aesthetically depressing that we’re all compelled to notice the man in black and white.

The 50 Best Tweets About King Karl Hess, The Notorious R.E.F. «

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright....well, he shouldn't have gotten the first T then.

I don't care how ye all want to spin it.....we completely blew it on the big stage. We couldn't score......couldn't get our shit together.....and then our leader got himself into a situation where he could get ejected when we had a chance to come back.

I'm proud as hell that we got this far.......but we could have won today if we just would have played some dadburned basketball. The refs had nothing to do with it