• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska's 2018 B1G Schedule

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ohio State
@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern

Seriously? I guess if Nebraska can win all four of those games on the road, Nebraska must be pretty good.

Ohio State only has to play

@Penn State
@Michigan State
@Purdue
@Maryland

Yup, nothing wrong with that picture.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ohio State
@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern

Seriously? I guess if Nebraska can win all four of those games on the road, Nebraska must be pretty good.

@Penn State
@Michigan State
@Purdue
@Maryland

Damn, you guys are only playing a 4 game conference schedule now.........

Seriously though that is a shitty road schedule.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let Red Alert see this on the CFB general board. He is likely to go into full meltdown mode.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ohio State
@Michigan
@Wisconsin
@Northwestern

@Penn State
@Michigan State
@Purdue
@Maryland

I like how you cherry pick one year. How about 2016 where tOSU plays IN, Wisky, PSU, NW, Neb, Mich. St. and scUM. I know the B1G sucks but those are the best teams in the B1G. That same year Neb. plays NO, IN,, Wisky and tOSU. Haters gonna hate and whiners gonna whine.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 is a long ways away.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merp, merp, merp....they had Iowa, Neb and us play the better teams from the east for 2018-19...so the years after it'll switch and we'll play the shitheads of the east and we will all be complaining...with the B1G being down, I'd rather us play the good teams and skip a few of the shitty ones.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you cherry pick one year. How about 2016 where tOSU plays IN, Wisky, PSU, NW, Neb, Mich. St. and scUM. I know the B1G sucks but those are the best teams in the B1G. That same year Neb. plays NO, IN,, Wisky and tOSU. Haters gonna hate and whiners gonna whine.

Northwestern isn't unspeakably bad for 1.5 seasons, and now they're a tough game?

Indiana??

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern isn't unspeakably bad for 1.5 seasons, and now they're a tough game?

Indiana??

IU is taking PSU's place as a B1G elite while they're sanctioned...

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G has stated that they aren't going to just do a random rotation, it's going to be crossing over games that allow for better competition.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let Red Alert see this on the CFB general board. He is likely to go into full meltdown mode.

Why?

I see no problem with that schedule for a Bama or Oregon level team. They'd waltz right the fuck through it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. That is not a daunting schedule.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough draw for a road schedule. Is that the first year Nebraska gets back on Ohio State's schedule?

And Northwestern is a good team, and will always be a tough road game as long as Fitz stays in place.

I'm not going to hype Indiana though, even though they do have a good offense, just a really poor defense, and no depth on either side. (kinda like Georgia, lol)

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how you don't even notice that I show the AWAY games.

OK, let's look at Ohio State's AWAY games for 2016

@Wisconsin
@Penn State
@Maryland
@Michigan State

Ohio State plays Nebraska and Michigan in Columbus.

I still don't see Ohio State playing Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska on the road the same year.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you this though OSU fans, in 2018 all of you will be mocking the Western Division for its suckage.

Purdue, Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota in that division. Throw in the possibility that Northwestern could lose its appeal(hope not, I love Fitzgerald and I hope he stays there forever. He represents college football very well for me.)

Nebraska is on the brink of just being better than mediocre. Which basically leaves the B1G West all to Wisconsin.

Gosh, then when the B1G expands EAST again with two more teams, the Western Division will be granted INDIANA!! Which does give the Western Division a basketball school, because right now it does not have one.

Now let me tell you about the Big 12 North

Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Iowa State, Missouri, and Nebraska.

Notice any similarities between the Big 12 North and the the B1G West?

Small populated states. No recruiting grounds. One national power basketball school. Two national power football schools(Nebraska, Wisconsin)

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you this though OSU fans, in 2018 all of you will be mocking the Western Division for its suckage.

Purdue, Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota in that division. Throw in the possibility that Northwestern could lose its appeal(hope not, I love Fitzgerald and I hope he stays there forever. He represents college football very well for me.)

Nebraska is on the brink of just being better than mediocre. Which basically leaves the B1G West all to Wisconsin.

Gosh, then when the B1G expands EAST again with two more teams, the Western Division will be granted INDIANA!! Which does give the Western Division a basketball school, because right now it does not have one.

Now let me tell you about the Big 12 North

Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Iowa State, Missouri, and Nebraska.

Notice any similarities between the Big 12 North and the the B1G West?

Small populated states. No recruiting grounds. One national power basketball school. Two national power football schools(Nebraska, Wisconsin)

Small populated states? :L

Also, the divisions aren't for basketball as far as I know.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's great we're playing all these teams in the same season, that's why I was happy we were joining the b10, that they're all road games sucks but oh well. If we can manage to get better and compete like we should then maybe we can have some room to complain

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
safe to say with that schedule and Oregon on their schedule fro '16-'17 Nebraska is going to be mediocre for some years going forward.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
safe to say with that schedule and Oregon on their schedule fro '16-'17 Nebraska is going to be mediocre for some years going forward.

Oregon will come to Lincoln as a program on the decline.

I have no facts to back this up, it just sounded better than "FUCK YOU OD!!"

:yahoo:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska and Ohio State are in different divisions. Who cares?

It's how your sked compares to Wisconsin's (and who each plays in crossover games) that matters.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small populated states? :L

Also, the divisions aren't for basketball as far as I know.

You are correct on the divisions and basketball, at this time.

Yes, Western Division is small populated States.

let us compare the East Division

Pennsylvania 12.7 million
Ohio 11.6 million
Michigan 9.9 million
New Jersey 8.8 million
Maryland 5.8 million

Add it up, that is 48.8 million

Please notice that the LOWEST population in the eastern division is GREATER than FOUR of the states in the west division.

There is the recruiting ground of Illinois with 12.9 million, please tell me when the last time Illinois or Northwestern was a real national power in football. When was the last time Illinois won the NCAA Football Championship? Shared it in 1951, although Maryland probably had a better claim. The same year the Unversity of San Francisco stopped playing football after their 9-0 season. (Going out on top)

Indiana 6.5 million this state will be split in 2014, between Purdue and Indiana
Wisconsin 5.7 million
Minnesota 5.3 million
Iowa 3.1 million
Nebraska 1.8 million

add it up 22.4 million

There are definite reasons why California, Florida, and Texas produce the most Division One recruits. One of them just so happens to be POPULATION.

There are reasons why Delaware, Rhode Island, Wyoming, Alaska and Hawaii don't produce many Division One recruits. One of those reasons is population.