• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Michigan Game Week Thread

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda crazy how both Rex and Taylor senior season were both derailed by injuries.

but I guess in Taylor case he was never truly 100% after the mizzou game? In 2010

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a bad loss to Michigan or Mich State, then Bo will be gone. Especially if Mich State manages more than 30 points. If the games are competitive and we are within a TD maybe 10 points, he would have a chance to stay. and personally, if he loses to Iowa, he should be gone.[/QUOTE
-------
We got a "W" in last weeks game, but considering NW was playing their 21st string RB, I don't consider it a legit win. I think Bo has to win both Michigan games or he's gone. As a player, a win like last weeks wouldn't inspire in me much confidence in my coaching staff. And even close losses to both Michigan teams is going to pretty much suck the wind out of the players.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that this is the week that Michigan decides to show up.After getting whipped all over the field by state they have something to prove.

Nebraska on the other hand will think they "beat" Northwestern and just have to suit up for Michigan.

I would like to think that a switch was thrown last week by our defense but it is really hard to get worked up about that knowing NW went down to Home Depot and grabbed a couple of Mexicans for rb.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Nebraska lucked out, that is not in question. But saying they beat a team playing a back up RB pales in comparison to playing the entire game with a second and third string QB. RB is not anywhere as important as the QB spot.
If the 'Stache wouldn't have made the catch would folks be saying NW got lucky?

Support your team.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Nebraska lucked out, that is not in question. But saying they beat a team playing a back up RB pales in comparison to playing the entire game with a second and third string QB. RB is not anywhere as important as the QB spot.

Support your team.

I completely agree Tom. People on here keep talking about how NW had a 3rd string RB and we squeaked one out. They fail to notice that Nebraska was missing HALF their starting offense. If we would have had all our starters playing, I don't think that game would have been close.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Support your team.

Supporting your team and drinking the kool-aid is two different things.

I was as happy as anyone if not more so after they won that last game. But really? You think that game can be used as a measuring stick for future performance?

We'll see if you insist on wearing those rose colored glasses after Saturday. These kids showed they have heart and I give them kudos for this. Because of that and yes a little bit of luck they won that game in spite of their coaches.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree Tom. People on here keep talking about how NW had a 3rd string RB and we squeaked one out. They fail to notice that Nebraska was missing HALF their starting offense. If we would have had all our starters playing, I don't think that game would have been close.

S. Long and Bell would of added to the effort. I don't see us blowing anyone out though.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Nebraska has to do is watch the Michigan State tape to see what to do to bother Gardner.

As we all know, Papuchis does not look at tape to see how other teams dominated your opponent.

He is too busy scheming a defense that won't work and needs to ask the players what they should be doing during the game, after his scheme has completely failed.

Plus, he has no idea how the team will play on Saturday based on practice. Probably because the team realizes that the practice is completely wrong.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supporting your team and drinking the kool-aid is two different things.

I was as happy as anyone if not more so after they won that last game. But really? You think that game can be used as a measuring stick for future performance?

We'll see if you insist on wearing those rose colored glasses after Saturday. These kids showed they have heart and I give them kudos for this. Because of that and yes a little bit of luck they won that game in spite of their coaches.

No kool-aid drinking here. Just saying whats on my mind. Getting tired of everyone saying that the Huskers only won because they got lucky, or because NW was playing with a practice quad RB. The final play of the game shows that, for once, Bo out coached someone (if only for one play.) The Huskers ran the play just like it is drawn up. NW failed to run the defense properly. NU's hail mary offense beat NW's hail mary defense. And did it with a 3rd string QB throwing it up and a redshirt freshman pulling it down.

I would hope that the defense gained enough confidence last week to help them this week.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Bo himself said that they have never actually "ran" the play in practice though, Tom.....

I mean there is a very very large element of luck that lies in the success of any hail mary.

Northwestern even tipped the ball for us on the play.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Bo himself said that they have never actually "ran" the play in practice though, Tom.....

I mean there is a very very large element of luck that lies in the success of any hail mary.

Northwestern even tipped the ball for us on the play.

Maybe. Bo also said tito had turf toe. Never once denied that luck was involved. But "Luck" favors the side best prepared for the unknown.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kool-aid drinking here. Just saying whats on my mind. Getting tired of everyone saying that the Huskers only won because they got lucky, or because NW was playing with a practice quad RB. The final play of the game shows that, for once, Bo out coached someone (if only for one play.) The Huskers ran the play just like it is drawn up. NW failed to run the defense properly. NU's hail mary offense beat NW's hail mary defense. And did it with a 3rd string QB throwing it up and a redshirt freshman pulling it down.

I would hope that the defense gained enough confidence last week to help them this week.
That hail mary was not out coaching anyone. It was all there was left to do. No other options because of the short screen passes Kellogg threw (and the penalty) the previous two sets of downs.

Poor coaching put us in the position that the only chance we had was to throw a hail mary. No one, I mean no one, not even Tim Beck calls a game with plans to end with a hail mary.

I got an idea on how to stop people from talking about how we got lucky. Come out, take the lead and control the game. Simplest way I can think of.

Last edited by a moderator:

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line is this

everybody can say all kinds of werds en sech --to make it lurk all goood and all

but I do know won thaaaaang

I put my doe on Meatchicken --- aaaaaand I shall win this un

talk is cheap

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never bet against the Huskers because money is important to me sir.....

I can't root for myself to lose money en sech.