• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska Apparently Carries the B1G Torch

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am following the logic around here, the B1G can wipe out the PAC and Big 12's chances this weekend, and we can have 3 SEC and Florida St in the playoffs.

The B1G is playing Oregon, USC and UCLA this weekend? :noidea:

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska would have to be lucky to get into the Big 10 Championship Game. Wisconsin is still the team to beat.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reverse-1270751973_trololo-guy.gif

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not what has been said at all.

it's just that a team in the top third of the conference that struggles with mcneese state means the conference is probably pretty weak compared to other conferences. and if it were one data point we could forgive it a bit. but when you add in all the other unattractive big 10 results... the conference just looks poor. can you name ANY game where you can point to the conference and be like.. see, not too bad?

penn state handled central florida pretty well. if they end up winning 9 or more games that will be a decent win. wisconsin's loss to lsu was competitive and close. if lsu does very well in the SEC that could bode well for the big 10. but lsu is way more likely to finish 3rd or worst in the SEC West than they are to win the division, much less the conference.

but hey... keep on taking reasonable statements and turning it into S-E-C talk that isn't even happening if it makes you feel better about the sorry results the big 10 has put on the field to start the season.
I would question the idea Nebraska is top third of the conference. They have not had fewer than four loses since they joined the B1G and they will have at least four this year. Iowa is stronger than Nebraska at nearly every position this year, so likely another shellacking there as well.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got tired of being owned in the Big 12.

:pound:

Lost 10 times to the 'Horns, did ya?

In the Big 12 in football? Please prove it.

Texas is 31-22 over the last five years, which is wiinning 58.5% of their games. I believe Texas fans need to quit reliving history to reclaim their glory. Texas should be more worried about the last five years.

BTW I believe Nebraska was 1-9 versus Texas in the Big 12.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would question the idea Nebraska is top third of the conference. They have not had fewer than four loses since they joined the B1G and they will have at least four this year. Iowa is stronger than Nebraska at nearly every position this year, so likely another shellacking there as well.

I look forward to the AVI bets with you good sir.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year Iowa went 11-2 and won the Orange Bowl, they started out needing to block 2 field goals by UNI (who lost 4-5 games that season), beat Arizona by 10 (a 5 loss team), and won by 3 over Arkansas State (who was a 4-win team). Iowa started the season #22 and finished #7.

I also agree that Nebraska is the most likely candidate right now if they go undefeated. They play MSU and are on the road vs Wisconsin and Iowa. If Iowa runs the table, they avoid the top teams of the East and host Nebraska and Wisconsin.

I think Penn State should be considered now since they are eligible. I see them as a very strong team as well.