• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska Apparently Carries the B1G Torch

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does Iowa have a chance? they are losing to Iowa State this weekend. kidding I picked them to win, so they better not lose.

seriously though, as Johndyer210 said, Nebraska/Iowa interchangeable. However Iowa has the easiest schedule in the B1G, who they paid to miss MSU, Mich, OSU, and Penn State, they probably didn't pay enough. Even if they go undefeated in the regular season, I'd be suprised if they rose to Top 10 (maybe if Nebraska is also undefeated in the last game of the season).

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minnesota, i could see that if they manage to win that treacherous final 4 weeks, man they got no favors with getting Iowa, OSU, @Nebraska, @Wisc for their last 4 games.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does Iowa have a chance? they are losing to Iowa State this weekend. kidding I picked them to win, so they better not lose.

seriously though, as Johndyer210 said, Nebraska/Iowa interchangeable. However Iowa has the easiest schedule in the B1G, who they paid to miss MSU, Mich, OSU, and Penn State, they probably didn't pay enough. Even if they go undefeated in the regular season, I'd be suprised if they rose to Top 10 (maybe if Nebraska is also undefeated in the last game of the season).

How soon you forget the ass kicking Iowa handed you last year at your place...we will destroy ISU this weekend...book market

And our schedule is way easier than Nebraskas. I don't see you guys running the table because you got to get thru MSU Wisky and us. I don't see that happening

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because teams are playing teams from other conferences so we get a feel for which conferences actually deserve a team in the playoff? How the hell is performing shitty going to help the B1G when they start playing each other in conference if they've done nothing outside of it?

Herbstreit even confirmed just how weak and bad the B1G is and agreed with Cowherd that the B1G eliminated themselves from the playoff last week and Herbie is the biggest B1G homer out there. He did offer an explanation on why the B1G is so awful and it's b/c he thinks the conference isn't too concerned about how bad the conference is in football b/c the conference is making so much money, the academics are looking good and basketball is good. With all that in place, he says does it really matter how the conference is perceived in football? It's a valid point......

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesooota, beches!!!

I'm SportsHoopla's number 6 Gophers fan!

You mean there are five other ones? Please post their board names.

So far, you are a cock, a clone, and a spermophilus. I am enjoying you changing to teams that are not followed much though.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean there are five other ones? Please post their board names.

So far, you are a cock, a clone, and a spermophilus. I am enjoying you changing to teams that are not followed much though.

Pretty sure Misko is on their board of regents.

And then there's that jerk whose posts suck, he's a Golden Gopher... some chick, forget her name, has a horrible acne problem, Gopher... Then that guy from Love Boat, the ships Purser (whatever the fuck that is), you better believe he's a Gopher...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little-Torch-lg.jpg

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye on the B1G

Nebraska (2-0) goes to Fresno State
Minnesota (2-0) goes to TCU
Illinois (2-0) goes to UW
Iowa (2-0) is at home vs ISU
Maryland (2-0) is at home vs WVU
Indiana (1-0) goes to BGU

Disaster looming or will the B1G save some face? Though it may be too late considering all of the perceived best in the B1G lost last week.

I got them going 2-4 ooc this week, as far as their undefeated teams go.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbstreit even confirmed just how weak and bad the B1G is and agreed with Cowherd that the B1G eliminated themselves from the playoff last week and Herbie is the biggest B1G homer out there. He did offer an explanation on why the B1G is so awful and it's b/c he thinks the conference isn't too concerned about how bad the conference is in football b/c the conference is making so much money, the academics are looking good and basketball is good. With all that in place, he says does it really matter how the conference is perceived in football? It's a valid point......

Herbie is far from a Big 10 homer. He has been ragging on the Big 10 for years.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disaster looming or will the B1G save some face? Though it may be too late considering all of the perceived best in the B1G lost last week.

2-4 or 3-3. either way would be disastrous.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't call 3-3 disastrous. 2-4 maybe, 1-5 definitely. Minn and IL aren't expected to win against good teams on the road. Nebraska and Iowa are expecting wins. MD and IN are coin flips. as long as the losses aren't blowouts, I wouldn't say disastrous.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. Looks like Indiana might be the B1G torch holder after this weekend.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Looks like Indiana might be the B1G torch holder after this weekend.

I'm still holding out for B1G RED. I don't think it's going to be an easy trip though.

Bulldogs got some firepower and they were hoping to come out of their first 3 games with a win. USC and Utah said DENIED! In a pretty big way...

They are going home and cannot be in a good mood.

Nebraska has the players to get the job done, but will they...:scratch:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Penn State is the torch bearer. Penn State has not embarrassed themselves on the field. Penn State gets Michigan State and Ohio State in State College.

Plus, look at their 2015 recruiting class.

Nebraska needs to win four of their five away games, to be considered in the running as the torch bearer. If Nebraska can go five and five, whoa baaby. Won't happen.

When googling State College, a Chipotle Restaurant had to close because they did not have enough workers. Personally, I hate the flavorless Chipotle food, but my college kid LOVES it.

If we win 4 of 5 away games we won't even stand a chance at the playoffs.

We will have to go undefeated and look good doing it.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have just said the B1G has to wait until next season to be in the playoff. A lot quicker than writing an article.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I am following the logic around here, the B1G can wipe out the PAC and Big 12's chances this weekend, and we can have 3 SEC and Florida St in the playoffs.