• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs UMass Pre Game Thread:

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that Lee Fitting (producer of College GameDay) is hinting that the 10/3 destination for College GameDay is going to be Death Valley.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMASS may be the weakest opponent ND has ever faced.

The last time UMASS was a good team was 2006 when they beat my Griz in a FCS playoff game. Their last year in FCS was 2011 when they had a 5-6 record. Since moving up to FBS in 2012 UMASS has won a total of five games defeating Miami Ohio, Kent State, E. Mich., Ball State, and Akron. They play in a pathetic conference. 5-33 record in FBS with a weak-ass schedule.

Sagarin has UMASS ranked 145. The Sagarin Ratings include FBS with FCS. There are 27 FCS teams higher ranked than UMASS; teams like Portland State, Samford, and Western Illinois

No excuses for anything less than a pummeling by the Irish.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMASS may be the weakest opponent ND has ever faced.

The last time UMASS was a good team was 2006 when they beat my Griz in a FCS playoff game. Their last year in FCS was 2011 when they had a 5-6 record. Since moving up to FBS in 2012 UMASS has won a total of five games defeating Miami Ohio, Kent State, E. Mich., Ball State, and Akron. They play in a pathetic conference. 5-33 record in FBS with a weak-ass schedule.

Sagarin has UMASS ranked 145. The Sagarin Ratings include FBS with FCS. There are 27 FCS teams higher ranked than UMASS; teams like Portland State, Samford, and Western Illinois

No excuses for anything less than a pummeling by the Irish.

I agree if they don't play the 2nd and 3rd string guys by the second half they aren't doing good enough.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Game Day. I can't wait for this game. I hope we dominate and play some of the younger guys. Please injury free game. Go to main board for Game Day Thread.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better have a good showing. Ga Tech is looking like dog shit today.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good showing. this is embarrassing. It might be time to fire VG. This D should be a lot better especially against the Run. This is a Joke and Im done with VG. Kelly needs to rip him a good one.

Kizer not looking great.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kizer hasn't been great but his pick was a tipped ball not exactly all on him. The defense has been terrible, they are letting UMass move the ball mostly at will which isn't a good thing. If this defense continues like this it's going to be a long game and season and Van Gorder might be headed for the door.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is on the defense right now, pathetic, just pathetic.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Van Gorder kick him off the sidelines right now.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they actually ask you to be quiet?! When I went for my one and only football game ever we had scalped Rutgers tickets so we sat in the Endzone above the tunnel and they were fairly raucous. But I did remember thinking to myself, man these folks don't get nuts like some teams' fans do. I get being quiet while we're on offense and goin nuts in between play-end and huddle, but on Defense that house should be rockin. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it does, but mostly from the student section. I was hoarse after the game from yellin my arse off.
Not literally, no.

It's just a long standing joke of sorts with the locals that go to a lot of the games with the old fogey ushers ... I mean old, man. These guys are 60/70 year old codgers that will give you the evil eye or heave-ho if you get the least bit out of line.

Add to that the many older alums that wank & complain for you to sit down and hush (and complain to ushers) so that they can enjoy the game in 'peace' adds to the 'reputation'. I swear, I'm like why don't they just stay at home if they don't want to be subject to peeps standing & cheering in front of them where they may have to stand some and put up with some excitement.

That's more the point.

I'll add when I was a kid growing up here 60s/70s/80s and going to some games that place was always loud, rowdy & rockin from my memories to the few games I witnessed back in the day. I think alot of the 'kinder, calmer & gentler' nature prolly stems from much of the political correctness we have to bear these days and not 'offending' others.

:2cents:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not literally, no.

It's just a long standing joke of sorts with the locals that go to a lot of the games with the old fogey ushers ... I mean old, man. These guys are 60/70 year old codgers that will give you the evil eye or heave-ho if you get the least bit out of line.

Add to that the many older alums that wank & complain for you to sit down and hush (and complain to ushers) so that they can enjoy the game in 'peace' adds to the 'reputation'. I swear, I'm like why don't they just stay at home if they don't want to be subject to peeps standing & cheering in front of them where they may have to stand some and put up with some excitement.

That's more the point.

I'll add when I was a kid growing up here 60s/70s/80s and going to some games that place was always loud, rowdy & rockin from my memories to the few games I witnessed back in the day. I think alot of the 'kinder, calmer & gentler' nature prolly stems from much of the political correctness we have to bear these days and not 'offending' others.

:2cents:
I think they should double the student section