• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs BYU Pregame Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys season looks lost now. Let hope we can win out and get a big win against Stanford to show the recruits that this team didn't give up. First up is BYU. We can beat them but who knows with this team. To be honest I cant wait for this season to be over. I just cant wait to say good bye to Rees. He cost this team 2 wins this year.

Im excited about next year. Offense should be really good next year. D might have a down year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys season looks lost now. Let hope we can win out and get a big win against Stanford to show the recruits that this team didn't give up. First up is BYU. We can beat them but who knows with this team. To be honest I cant wait for this season to be over. I just cant wait to say good bye to Rees. He cost this team 2 wins this year.

Im excited about next year. Offense should be really good next year. D might have a down year.

Thats the old purguy drama queen we know and love. The season is lost? Depends on what your pre-season expectations were. 9-3 is still on the cards, although they'll have a steep uphill battle to get there. A bowl win would mark the first 10+ win seasons back to back since what, 92-93? Is it disappointing that we won't qualify for a BCS berth, sure, but I think 9-3 was likely the ceiling for this team this year.

Not ready to throw in the towel yet. They have an opportunity to salvage the season and try and build momentum into the recruiting season and next year.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a betting man I would put my money on BYU to win this game. Need to play the young guys

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame rips apart BYU 84-10, Then absolutely destroys Stanford 73-17

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the old purguy drama queen we know and love. The season is lost? Depends on what your pre-season expectations were. 9-3 is still on the cards, although they'll have a steep uphill battle to get there. A bowl win would mark the first 10+ win seasons back to back since what, 92-93? Is it disappointing that we won't qualify for a BCS berth, sure, but I think 9-3 was likely the ceiling for this team this year.

Not ready to throw in the towel yet. They have an opportunity to salvage the season and try and build momentum into the recruiting season and next year.

No drama here. Just telling it how it is. When u lose to pitt the season is lost. Here comes some crap bowl. AS a ND fan anything less then a BCS bowl is a lost season.

Well like I said a win against Stanford would help recruits big time. A lost against BYU and I bet we lose 2-3 guys. 7-5 season after NC game the year before does not look good for the coaching staff. Recruits will jump ship. Heck maybe 8-4 players might jump.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy , aka Drama , aka Johnny... There is really no telling what a win or a loss will do. These young recruits are fickle as all hell. Sincerely,
Vince

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just take this one game at a time. I am looking forward to next year to but not giving up on this team this year. Now go out and beat BYU.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just what does 'giving up the season' mean anyway? you aren't going to watch any more games? we all know that's probably not the case. does it mean anything less than a definite bcs bid and the team is wasting everyone's time? if the team wins anything less than 10 games we give up the season? if that's the case then i guess i gave up before the season started because i expected 8-4 and possibly 7-5.

however, i'm still going to watch and root for them ..... and yell at them ..... and curse at my tv!

the thing that worries me is a problem we may have because of last season. we're now stuck with kelly for the foreseeable future and i do NOT like the lack of progress i've seen from him. i don't expect coach's to do everything i think they should do, but i think i speak for a lot of people here when i say he has made some real headscratchers this year. is this what we can continue to expect? because if it is then i don't think recruits staying or going are going to make too much difference. right now i am pretty bummed about him and it's going to take some serious brilliance from him to change that. color me skeptical.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be too much of an optimist but I am excited about next years offense. I think Golson is going to be much better. He will bring some creativity to that position. I read that he has put on a good 10lbs and has been working hard out in Cali. If Folston and Bryant stay, RBs will be solid. TE position will be good and all those young WRs will be ready to step up, and I am excited to see Robinson get a lot more targets. We will have to replace some O-line positions, but some young guys have received good time throughout the year. J. Smith is improving and hopefully turns into the next emotional leader like T'eo was. Hopefully max redfield stays and shows us why he was a top recruit. Rochell and Day will be our experienced guys on the D-line, unless tuitt comes back, and hopefully springman is able to return. Don't know, hopefully ND will have no expectations from the media and shock us all like 2012.
Until then, let's get these last 2 games and end on a good note, Go Irish!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be too much of an optimist but I am excited about next years offense. I think Golson is going to be much better. He will bring some creativity to that position. I read that he has put on a good 10lbs and has been working hard out in Cali. If Folston and Bryant stay, RBs will be solid. TE position will be good and all those young WRs will be ready to step up, and I am excited to see Robinson get a lot more targets. We will have to replace some O-line positions, but some young guys have received good time throughout the year. J. Smith is improving and hopefully turns into the next emotional leader like T'eo was. Hopefully max redfield stays and shows us why he was a top recruit. Rochell and Day will be our experienced guys on the D-line, unless tuitt comes back, and hopefully springman is able to return. Don't know, hopefully ND will have no expectations from the media and shock us all like 2012.
Until then, let's get these last 2 games and end on a good note, Go Irish!

6 hopefullys there. ............. hopefully you're right! :suds:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pissed at Sheldon Day for punching a fumble that would have given us a great shot to win the game.

I'm thinking our team knows this is an absolute must win. Maybe I'm giving Tommy too much credit, but there's no way he'll allow himself to go out on a three game losing streak. Hopefully all the hate he's been getting will motivate him, considering we win or lose on his decision making. I guess maybe I'm in denial that when you ask Tommy to put the team on his back and win with little defensive help (fair or not) it's looking like he'll finish as an 7-5 QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
however, i'm still going to watch and root for them ..... and yell at them ..... and curse at my tv!

Just don't kick the dog. I agree with the consternation about Kelly. I get the sense that the coaches coach this team to "not lose" as opposed to coaching the team to "win" The defense seems way to passive, and thats the bend but don't break philosophy. Keeping 2 high safeties against Navy for what, fear that their receivers are going to burn your much higher rated CB's? Still no sense of identity on offense, and most annoyingly, changing the game-plan based on the opponent de jour, instead of implementing a style and forcing the other team to beat you with it. It seems offensively, they devise a game plan for the opponent they face that week, rather than evaluate what they have and don't have personnel-wise, and devise a season-long plan to maximize that talent or cover up the deficiencies, but rarely make timely or smart in-game adjustments.

I would characterize Kelly and his staff's style as "prevent coaching." I am hopeful they have learned from this season that you can't coach not to lose, you have to coach to win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I am excited about next years offense. Lets just hope Golson can come back and be productive. Takinga year hurts and takes time. The good thing is we have spring ball for him to get use to playing college football again. D wont be as good but heck they weren't that good this year.

Yes I will still watch my team play just to see the young kids plays. When I mean lost season I mean is was a waste of a season and now its time not to expect much from them. Now it becomes a learning experience for most. Time to watch the young guys and say good bye to the Seniors.

Cant wait for next year. Like I said there is no Drama here just telling facts. In my opinion its a lost season. A wasted season. I had them at 9-3. Yes they can still go 9-3 but how they got there was not good. Lose to mich, lost to Pitt, almost lost to Navy. 7-5 will not look good to recruits.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame rips apart BYU 84-10, Then absolutely destroys Stanford 73-17

Carl Wollarski is that you? The only thing that could stop them is Hurricane Ditka.