• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs ASU Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bad game last week. We should of beat Oklahoma but Rees gave the game away right away. Atleast we ran the ball well.

We should win this game but who knows. Word is Kelly is sticking with Rees and as a fan Im going to boycott the game. NO MORE REES. move on. Season is now a waste. Lets see what we got with the Freshman or Hendrix. We were close with Oklahoma when Hendrix played and in the 2nd half he didn't see any snaps and we lost.

Kelly needs to learn when to move on. That was his strength with the other schools. For some reason he loves rees.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we should win this game" ???

why? cause 'we're notre dame'?

taylor kelly is one of the better qb's who can run and has a slew of very good receivers who will no doubt run our db's crazy. they've only lost to stanford and should be favored by 4 or more! their trouncing of usc was much worse than the final score indicated as they eased up on the throttle to give up 20 in the 4th quarter. they beat a very good wisconsin team.

so why SHOULD nd win?

i expect at least a touchdown loss here.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Game for Tommy and the Irish

I was at the game Saturday and to say the least was not happy. First off lets all shake the last years off of our minds and let me say one thing for sure we will be back. All Irish fans going into this year with Tommy under center we knew it would take something special from Tommy to make this a good season and guess what no suprise he did not make major step forward we wanted.

Next hey we loss two stars at RB and best tight end in country + add Tommy and all the??? = Odds not in our favor for good O showing this year to start C-

D we loss our leader and player that had great football insight knew were the ball was going. This was bigger loss than myself would even admit. Do we really believe that TD up the middle would have happen if Teo was there no way. = D line that is good and getting better + dbacks getting exposed + Linebackers too much youth = Right now we got what we are seeeing B-.

Positives -> Running game look a lot better we have a lot a very good talent. Would like to see Fulston used more. D Line is playing better maybe some good plays to stop couple fourth down plays and red zone stops. There were some very quick outside parameter plays by linebackers I liked so that with exception of the TD seems to get better. D Backs are killing me can we play tight once in while. Russell is back pedaling before the ball is snapped!! He waits for every tackle to come to him instead of being aggressive.

Good news is we have a ton of talent and freshman class lookes very good to me. Once Tommy is gone and we can finally have a QB that can run the spread we will be back up there again.

Glad to be in good posts after CBS post is basically gone!

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure he loves Rees but his options is basically Hendrix. I am clearly seeing that besides the run aspect Hendrix is not able to throw downfied. I have hard time believing that he is our only option besides pulling Zair from redshirt and I do not agree with that and if Golson comes back there are questions there. I do not like Toomy at all but I do think he can have good game vs ASU.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Zair then. Either way he will leave then because when Golson comes back and he doesn't beat him out then what. He sits for another year. We have seen the last couple of years QB leaving in year 2 if they aren't the starters. Will Zaire be ok sitting again who knows but atleast if he plays this year he will feel wanted. Watching Rees throw 3 Ints and only 104 yards I bet Zaire can do better, either with his legs or by his arm.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we should win because we are ND. ASU shouldn't beat us. Is that me just being a Fan maybe but its time to play like ND. It wouldn't shock me if we lost.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are Notre Dame, but we aren't very good. I see a team that is just kind of sort of mediocre at best. ASU will kill us with their passing game, ASU by far a better passing team than any team we have played this year. We will fall behind and get pass happy and it will be game over. ASU can at least say they are good at passing, We can say we are Notre Dame, but we can't say we are good at anything.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Control the Clock and Run the ball. Keep ASU offense off the field. Defense makes a couple stops and we should be ok. But if we go to the passing game and start throwing INTs or 3 and outs then yes ASU will pass all over us. Can Tuitt and Nix have 1 big game this year. Damn.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at Sagarin this morning. I know computer ratings are a bit premature at this time of the year but ND is ranked 37 after playing the 32nd toughest schedule. ASU is ranked 16 after playing the 10th toughest schedule. Arizona beat #15 Wisconsin, #30 USC, and lost to #6 Stanford. Our big win was over #41 MSU and we lost to #40 Michigan and #4 Oklahoma.

I predicted that if we lost to OU we would also lose to ASU. I still stand by that prediction. Additionally, after a loss to ASU, we will be 3-3. USC will have a new coach and according to Sagarin, USC #30 is a better team than ND #37. USC will sense that there is blood in the water and a win over ND would be a big step in righting their ship; it will be a battle. Then, if ND is sitting with a 3-4 record, how will they respond if they are a team without leadership? Are you really so sure we beat Pitt or BYU?

Sadly, I think this ND team that has big trouble ahead. If we can beat ASU, I will have a much better opinion of this team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to show something. Leadership is a real thing and this team has 0.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bad game last week. We should of beat Oklahoma but Rees gave the game away right away. Atleast we ran the ball well.

We should win this game but who knows. Word is Kelly is sticking with Rees and as a fan Im going to boycott the game. NO MORE REES. move on. Season is now a waste. Lets see what we got with the Freshman or Hendrix. We were close with Oklahoma when Hendrix played and in the 2nd half he didn't see any snaps and we lost.

Kelly needs to learn when to move on. That was his strength with the other schools. For some reason he loves rees.

LOLLLL ... how can you say that we shoulda beat this OU team??? I mean, really??? What draws you to that conclusion? Because OU was ranked higher than ND??? Because ND's Defense is all that??? (they stunk ... once again ... allowing OU to pass & run at will). Because Rees put up 3 INTs??? (in which the first two werent really his fault and the 3rd one was questionable), becuase his Oline cant protect him for shit, or his receiver(s) cant go out and grab a pass in traffic? Because big time Hendrix didnt play in the 2nd half (0/1 passing ... 10 yds on 5 rushing attempts) ya, what a difference Hendrix would have made.

Did the thought ever even occur to you that OU was the BETTER football team and more prepared to take the field against a pedestrian Irish team??? That maybe OU's defense just sucked the life out of us, coming out ready to play like gangbusters??? But, alas, lets put the blame on Rees again ... it's all his fault with those 3 pathetic INTs and Hendrix shoulda played more, cuz he was doing sooo much better. LOL

I feel your pain Purguy, but your short-sided observations/opinions on games just befuddle me. I mean ... what are you really watching/seeing? What you wanna see/watch or what is actually taking place???

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why should ND win? Because ASU is ranked and favored? smh

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This! LOLLLLLL

Dont get me wrong ... I'm a die hard Irish fan, but I know when to take the blue/gold colored glasses off and see reality/writing on the wall. Some peeps are just tooo much of homers to be realists, I guess.

On that note ...

GOOOO IRISH!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes ND should win but we have no QB so we will probably lose. At least Hendrix will get more playing time. It sounds like Hendrix just isn't smart enough for football. He is classroom smart but not football smart. Any one hear Kelly Press. It was kind of funny. Kelly was trying to be nice about Hendrix but saying he wants him to compete for the starting job but he is still learning and needs to make the right reads. The kid has been there for what 4 years. He should know the god damn Offense already. LOL

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rees will be the main reason we win or lose this game. Our defense needs to really step up big against the best passing team we have played this year. If Tommy finds himself in a shootout we are screwed. From what I have seen, the defense will need to play at a much higher level than they have for us to have any chance of pulling off the upset.

I looked at how our opposing quarterbacks have faired against ND in comparison to the other teams they have played and some of the things I found were:

Reilly from Temple had his highest total yards game against ND.
Gardner from Michigan had by far his best game of the season against ND. Gardner had a tougher time with Akron and UConn.
Henry from Purdue had his best game of the season against ND. He played worse against Indiana State.
Cook from MSU had a higher QB rating against ND than he did against two winless and terrible defensive teams (W. Michigan and S. Florida).
Bell had a 160.3 QB rating against ND in his second start of the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning most people had this as a win from the start of the season. Is ASU the better team yes but as a ND fan I expect my team to win every week.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning most people had this as a win from the start of the season. Is ASU the better team yes but as a ND fan I expect my team to win every week.

Hmmmm ... with that logic ... would u expect ND to beat teams like Bama, Oregon, Clemson, Ohio State or Stanford ... being a fan and all??? Just askin ....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, as a true fan you always have faith in your team. Now do I think they are better then those teams no or have more talent then those teams no but I expect them to win and I cheer for them no matter what.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, as a true fan you always have faith in your team. Now do I think they are better then those teams no or have more talent then those teams no but I expect them to win and I cheer for them no matter what.

It's not a matter of what/who you're cheering for ... it's a matter of you using the term "expecting" to win when you admit they are not better, nor more talented. That's my hang up with you. You say they aren't as good or talented, but you EXPECT them to win ... just cuz you're a 'true fan'? That does not compute with me. Maybe ... instead of the word 'expect' ... you should substitute it for word 'hope' ... maybe????