• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND 1-0

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldnt ask for anything Better. Lets talk about the Game.

Positives:
Offense was good. 400 yards Rushing. This is what we wanted. Control the ground game. Wimbush was good today. Not great but good for his 1st start. OL was amazing. Yes they had some broken plays but u cant argue 400 yards rushing and 0 or 1 sacks allowed.
Defense was good. I saw the difference from last year. We got sacks, got a turnover and that bend but dont break D. Special teams was good except for Yoon. I hate to say this but it might be time to play the Frosh. 1 more game like this u need to bench him.
Redzone offense was good.

Negative:
Yoon was bad.
Rushing D was so so. Needs to get better.
Screen play was really bad
Couple of poor series on offense. Due to Screen plays.

Overall:

I couldnt ask for anything better.

1-0 Bring on Georgia.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Stats:Positives
-Over 600 yards of total offense
-Over 400 yards rushing
-Three players with over 100 yards rushing
-Defense forces turnover
-Defense gets sacks
-Temple 5-of-15 on 3rd down
-Defense finished with 10 TFLs, 3 pass breakups, 4 QB hurries, 3 sacks, and 1 forced fumble

Negatives:
-Yoon struggles
-Wimbush INT
-Poor tackling by defense
-Hainsey had a rough day.
-Offensive 2 sacks, 6 hurries (Hainsey let up 1 sack and 3 hurries).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking that I might make this the game to watch tonight(got 3 including Bama/FSU).

Work sucked. Working in 27 Celsius weather and not a cloud in the sky( expect for the smoke from the wildfires in the interior of BC) is not my cup of tea

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking that I might make this the game to watch tonight(got 3 including Bama/FSU).

Work sucked. Working in 27 Celsius weather and not a cloud in the sky( expect for the smoke from the wildfires in the interior of BC) is not my cup of tea
The metric system. Lol. 27 what's that like 80F?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The metric system. Lol. 27 what's that like 80F?

I live near the ocean but the breeze was as useful as a dick on a guy without a wife or Girlfriend

it's there but it's not that useful

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I had no expectations coming in and I still feel the same way. Few things I noticed:

-No need to run Wim that much when we have the RB and OL that can do what it did. Hes gonna get hurt.
-This offense should gel nicely and I love the TE use, it's about damn time!!!
-Few bad passes from Wim, but that is OK. Timing will get down.
-Adams is a man among boys, he is a fucking load and has speed. Prob be one of the Top 3 RB to end the season
-Few "WTF was that call" on some calls from the OC, esp on that 3rd an 2 and 4th and 2 plays in the 4th. I thought we were over that shit.
-DL needs to get some balls, they got pushed around. No size out there.
-CB's need to hit the weights, they could not get off blocks all game. If Temple threw that screen outside all game, it might have been closer....god damn that pissed me off all game.
-D.Hayes needs to watch that off sides...but shit, what a motor and set of skills on him.
-Gotta tackle better and that will come. DL missed to many tackles either behind line, at the line, of a couple yards passed the line.

Great win. They kids were into it and the atmosphere was just different than last yr. They did what they had to do to beat Temple....just a couple things pissed me off and they were on defense.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that we used the talent we got to their ability.

We got 2 projected 1st round OL on the left side and IMHO a 1st-2nd round RB. So lets stuff the ball down there throats and ask them how does it taste?

Wimbush looked good (not great). There were a couple nucklehead plays (his INT and the dropped int) but that will be fixed in time. And i have another small inconvenience but that is chalked up to how i like my qb's.

Is Dalin Hayes Superman? Sure looked like it yesterday.

We need to fix the tackling issue for RB by next week or Georgia and the Chubbster is going to eat us alive

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of what's been shared already. Gotta say Wimbush took a few too many shots for my liking. I know he's a gifted runner, but so was RG3 until he was always too hurt to play after taking too many hits. He's got to learn how to slide, get out bounds, lower his posture or something. Our wagon is hitched to this guy and if he goes down for any significant amount of time it could make for a long season.

Overall I was happy with the Week 1 performance. This is the type of win that ND needs but rarely gets. Too often they let inferior teams hang around and things get close, or we end up losing one we should have won. It was nice to see a fairly dominant performance.

GO IRISH!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I had no expectations coming in and I still feel the same way. Few things I noticed:

-No need to run Wim that much when we have the RB and OL that can do what it did. Hes gonna get hurt.
-This offense should gel nicely and I love the TE use, it's about damn time!!!
-Few bad passes from Wim, but that is OK. Timing will get down.
-Adams is a man among boys, he is a fucking load and has speed. Prob be one of the Top 3 RB to end the season
-Few "WTF was that call" on some calls from the OC, esp on that 3rd an 2 and 4th and 2 plays in the 4th. I thought we were over that shit.
-DL needs to get some balls, they got pushed around. No size out there.
-CB's need to hit the weights, they could not get off blocks all game. If Temple threw that screen outside all game, it might have been closer....god damn that pissed me off all game.
-D.Hayes needs to watch that off sides...but shit, what a motor and set of skills on him.
-Gotta tackle better and that will come. DL missed to many tackles either behind line, at the line, of a couple yards passed the line.

Great win. They kids were into it and the atmosphere was just different than last yr. They did what they had to do to beat Temple....just a couple things pissed me off and they were on defense.
Pretty much nailed it.

- Wimbush running that much is gonna get him killed.

- Was nice to see MUCH less whiffing on the tackling as I've become accustomed. Much better, but still need improvement.

- Hayes was a beast ... very impressed with him this game, but it was Temple. UGA will prolly be a lot more challenging.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then it's not just me...

Wimbush ran way to much for my liking. I prefer a pocket QB but i'm ok with runners. I thought we ran too much when things broke down. He needs to stay in the pocket and wait it out. If something is not there or if a hole opens than book it for the first down

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Dexter the 3rd back? He is clearly more explosive and just plain better than Tony

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I'm saying. I believe it was the 3rd quarter before we seen Dexter. Tony was the 2nd back behind Adams.
Not sure why we didn't see him until so late, was curious myself. But, Williams and Jones carries are going to be situational, very different backs. And a lot of people think Tony is better all around than Dexter.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why we didn't see him until so late, was curious myself. But, Williams and Jones carries are going to be situational, very different backs. And a lot of people think Tony is better all around than Dexter.

Tony could very well develop into a better back, right now I think it's Dexter

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony could very well develop into a better back, right now I think it's Dexter
He certainly looked better against Temple. Not for nothing, but Williams looked a little slower than usual on the 60yd run. I was surprised dude caught him. Is Dexter 100%? Maybe the safety was just that fast.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly looked better against Temple. Not for nothing, but Williams looked a little slower than usual on the 60yd run. I was surprised dude caught him. Is Dexter 100%? Maybe the safety was just that fast.

I thought the exact same thing. He looked slower, or just gassed out in those last 10-15 yards.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then it's not just me...

Wimbush ran way to much for my liking. I prefer a pocket QB but i'm ok with runners. I thought we ran too much when things broke down. He needs to stay in the pocket and wait it out. If something is not there or if a hole opens than book it for the first down

agreed. i would add that wimbush should not have been in the game at all for the last 8 minutes. the game was already sewn up! no way should a q-back be racking up 100 yards on the ground.