• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No edit button....

But, they need to re-sign him in the offseason or losing the 2 1st rounders for a rental could hurt.

The edit button is the little pencil with the eraser to your bottom left

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners and losers for the deadline?

Winners for me are Miami, OKC, & Milwaukee.

Losers are Phoenix, Philly, & Brooklyn.

Sneaky good move by Portland which everyone forgot about because it was the first trade of the day.

How did Phx lose? They pretty much got equal talent who is 5 years younger & will be a heck of a lot cheaper to resign to replace Dragic. And then they basically netted two 1st round draft picks for IT & spare parts. Again, how is that losing?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree about OKC. They did a great job.

I don't get Sixers move. Makes no sense.

From what I can make sense of, the Sixers move only makes sense if they really believe MCW will never ever develop a competent shot and they land the Lakers pick this year (outside the Top 5) and use it to get a better player than MCW. But if you look at the prospects outside of the Top 5 this year, there aren't that many that are as good as MCW so it just seems like an unnecessary move.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not too bad but as someone on here said, this move is more about next season and after.

Pat knows we will be lucky to get to the 2nd round or further considering we won't finish higher than 7th but he always said if he can acquire a "star" through trade that he would not wait for 2016 when he has all the cap space to get Miami back into contention.

Miami will be a good team again next year.

Can't wait

This move all but confirms what I knew when Lebron left....Pat and this organization would not sit and be a shitty team for 4 straight years as the Cavs did from 2010-2014
Yeah not too bad but as someone on here said, this move is more about next season and after.

Pat knows we will be lucky to get to the 2nd round or further considering we won't finish higher than 7th but he always said if he can acquire a "star" through trade that he would not wait for 2016 when he has all the cap space to get Miami back into contention.

Can't wait

This move all but confirms what I knew when Lebron left....Pat and this organization would not sit and be a shitty team for 4 straight years as the Cavs did from 2010-2014

In the East? I could see them getting to the 2nd round easily....depending on the matchup.

Whiteside has been a relevation and the weakest position now? Is SF with Deng and that's not bad at all. He's a good 4th or even a 5th option on offense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta or Toronto vs Miami?

If they play well together over the next 30 games I could see Miami beating either team. Not 100% sold on Atlanta.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait

this move pretty much guarantees Whiteside is gone though after next year- if you keep dragic i mean

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the official particulars of the Dragic trade.

The trade is now official, the Pelicans and Suns haveannounced. New Orleans acquired Norris Cole, Shawne Williams, Justin Hamilton and cash considerations from Miami, the Suns get John Salmons from the Pelicans and Danny Granger from the Heat, and Miami garners Goran Dragic and Zoran Dragic from the Suns. Phoenix also received Miami’s 2017 first-round pick (top seven protected) and Miami’s unprotected 2021 first-round pick as part of the deal. Phoenix is waiving Salmons, per the Suns’ official press release.

Salmons & Granger are likely to be waived/bought out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 draft picks hurt but it is what it is. Cole was awful. Every Heat fan & Wiggy would admit this.

Sucks that we're so far back but if Miami is healthy (exluding Josh of course) I would not want to play Miami if I'm any of the teams.

We now have a legit starting 5 when healthy and everyone is playing their true position. Bench is a little weak but hopefully we can pick up one of these guys who get bought out. Basically our bench is Napier, Chalmers, Ennis, & Bird

Personally, I think a healthy Heat team is favored against any East team other than a healthy Bulls and I think they are even money or a slight underdog to the Cavs based on the playoff experience of the Heat players and coaches vs. those of the Cavs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Brooklyn lose out? LOL.

They got rid of KG (who is done btw) and acquired Thad Young who can still play.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think a healthy Heat team is favored against any East team other than a healthy Bulls and I think they are even money or a slight underdog to the Cavs based on the playoff experience of the Heat players and coaches vs. those of the Cavs.

I agree. But, I think Chicago and maybe Washington are the only 2 teams I'd take over Miami.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Whiteside be gone if Dragic stays?

the collective bargaining agreement.

Whiteside will not have Bird rights after only 2 years in the league. If the Heat want to resign him they will need to compete against everyone else and will not be able to go over the cap to keep him.

If Bosh is making 25, say Wade is making 15, and Dragic is making 17, thats already 57 million.

What do you think Whiteside will get on the open market? If its anything over 5- and is more likely to be like what? 12 if he continues on this pace? the Heat are priced out.- I would think.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you about being favored besides Bulls. Don't get me wrong I don't want to play Miami in rd 1 but I still like Wash, Cavs and Bulls ahead of Miami. Atlanta Im not sold. Again i will give Pat credit. Great job and now this team is a true playoff team. They do need Depth. So they would have to sign at least 2 buy out players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whiteside will not have Bird rights after only 2 years in the league. If the Heat want to resign him they will need to compete against everyone else and will not be able to go over the cap to keep him.

If Bosh is making 25, say Wade is making 15, and Dragic is making 17, thats already 57 million.

What do you think Whiteside will get on the open market? If its anything over 5- and is more likely to be like what? 12 if he continues on this pace? the Heat are priced out.- I would think.
Great Post. This is very true. Open market he gets Taj Gibson money right now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if KG retires or comes back for one more season to mentor young Wiggins?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Lakers to go after Whiteside.....they could get him cheaper than Monroe.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, you can post youtube videos the same way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta or Toronto vs Miami?

If they play well together over the next 30 games I could see Miami beating either team. Not 100% sold on Atlanta.

I think we need to face Toronto or Washington to get out of round 1 but that is seem very unlikely now as those teams look like they'll face off in the 4/5 match-up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will depend on what other teams offer and what Miami can clear in cap space. Dragic will be a UFA and the Heat will have his Bird rights. They can sign Whiteside and then go over the cap to sign re-sign Dragic.

As for Whiteside's value in FA, it'll depend on how he finishes the season.