• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what Riles did, they got a PG. That was their big weakness.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what Riles did, they got a PG. That was their big weakness.

Yep probably won't mean much for this season but next year this team will be scary good. With McBob coming back, we have a really nice group of 6 and he can sign a few other players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree- if ESPN is really saying Knight is an upgrade over Dragic I think thats going a little far- I think both are very good- but if anything id put Dragic a little ahead of Knight- at least right now in their careers. Dragic is in the prime of his career at 28 while Knight still has a long way to go to be in his prime- but as of right now if i had one game to win tomorrow id take Dragic

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of trades today. Shocked with the Suns. Miami gave up a lot but a true PG now. A position that they really needed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy my Bulls are waiting on Buy outs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of trades today. Shocked with the Suns. Miami gave up a lot but a true PG now. A position that they really needed.

We did not give up a lot. They basically gave up 2 draft picks for Dragic. Cole, Williams, & Granger were all gone for nothing in the summer. Hamiliton was a bench warmer

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I hope we land him or maybe Neal. Either one I would be happy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not give up a lot. They basically gave up 2 draft picks for Dragic. Cole, Williams, & Granger were all gone for nothing in the summer. Hamiliton was a bench warmer
Cole hurts a little and 2 draft picks. Yeah I guess its not a lot but overall I like it. Gives your team a little more fire power in scoring

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole hurts a little and 2 draft picks. Yeah I guess its not a lot but overall I like it. Gives your team a little more fire power in scoring

The 2 draft picks hurt but it is what it is. Cole was awful. Every Heat fan & Wiggy would admit this.

Sucks that we're so far back but if Miami is healthy (exluding Josh of course) I would not want to play Miami if I'm any of the teams.

We now have a legit starting 5 when healthy and everyone is playing their true position. Bench is a little weak but hopefully we can pick up one of these guys who get bought out. Basically our bench is Napier, Chalmers, Ennis, & Bird

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I was dead wrong on thinking it would a quiet trade deadline. And it looked that way until 2:59pmEST and then a bomb went off. Lots of moving pieces. A good chunk of it doesn't mean jack squat, just a shuffling around of players no one really wants but there's a few moves that are pretty interesting. Random thoughts:

-Gotta like what Miami did getting Dragic. They basically traded 2 1st rounders for him. On paper, that starting 5 is solid and could give a real fight to whoever they play in Round 1. I won't be shocked at all if they pull an upset. The rest of the roster isn't good enough to get beyond the 2nd round though but its not really about this year. Riley basically jump started his rebuild up a year by getting Dragic now.

-LOL at Minny. It's a classic "Hey, we really suck but look over here at this guy you fans use to like a lot" move. Can't say I blame them but I'm disappointed in KG. He's been too good of a player for his career to end on that sorry team. He can always retire a T-wolf if he wants in one of those fake 1-day contract ceremony things if it wants but this is such a waste. I really wish he would have accepted a buy out and went to a playoff team somewhere for one last shot.

-Sixers, man, the Sixers. I agree with their rebuild plan on principle but at some point you have to get beyond step 1 of constantly getting picks. I'm fine with them dealing KJ McDaniels since he was gonna cost them cash to keep him but its too early to give up on MCW.

-People keep talking about Kanter to the Thunder but the bigger part of it for me is Novak, Singler, and Augustin. For the first time since Harden was on the team, I think they finally have enough talent to win the Finals (they're in the playoffs for sure now). Previous years those teams heavily relied on Westbrook and KD, and once you got past Ibaka, there was a huge talent drop off and odd fits. Now its pretty balanced. Kanter can give you some low post scoring though I personally think he has more faults than people realize (I'd still lean to starting Adams over him). Augustin is a solid backup PG that knows his role, something Jackson didn't get. Novak still has that elite shooting skill to dust off for 8 to 10 mins for certain lineups. And Singler is a solid rotation player that can give you a little bit of everything. And more importantly, they no longer have Kendrick "Almost Useless" Perkins. This should be the most balanced roster Brooks has had. Place your bets on the Thunder now before the odds shrink.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners and losers for the deadline?

Winners for me are Miami, OKC, & Milwaukee.

Losers are Phoenix, Philly, & Brooklyn.

Sneaky good move by Portland which everyone forgot about because it was the first trade of the day.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wildturkey, could not agree more with you about Philly.

Unless you're getting a Lebron James or Kevin Durant type of player in the draft, you really need to get some damn good proven NBA players to mix in with your young players

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami didn't give up much at all, 2 1st rounders that won't be that valuable and they got rid of junk basically.

Cole hasn't been very impressive and they have a lot of PG's.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 draft picks hurt but it is what it is. Cole was awful. Every Heat fan & Wiggy would admit this.

Sucks that we're so far back but if Miami is healthy (exluding Josh of course) I would not want to play Miami if I'm any of the teams.

We now have a legit starting 5 when healthy and everyone is playing their true position. Bench is a little weak but hopefully we can pick up one of these guys who get bought out. Basically our bench is Napier, Chalmers, Ennis, & Bird
U will be a tough match up in the 1st rd now. Wade has to love this move. Should take some pressure off of him and Bosh. I actually like your start 5. Depth is thin but overall not bad.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No edit button....

But, they need to re-sign him in the offseason or losing the 2 1st rounders for a rental could hurt.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this trade better for Miami than Dallas trading for Rondo.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I was dead wrong on thinking it would a quiet trade deadline. And it looked that way until 2:59pmEST and then a bomb went off. Lots of moving pieces. A good chunk of it doesn't mean jack squat, just a shuffling around of players no one really wants but there's a few moves that are pretty interesting. Random thoughts:

-Gotta like what Miami did getting Dragic. They basically traded 2 1st rounders for him. On paper, that starting 5 is solid and could give a real fight to whoever they play in Round 1. I won't be shocked at all if they pull an upset. The rest of the roster isn't good enough to get beyond the 2nd round though but its not really about this year. Riley basically jump started his rebuild up a year by getting Dragic now.

-LOL at Minny. It's a classic "Hey, we really suck but look over here at this guy you fans use to like a lot" move. Can't say I blame them but I'm disappointed in KG. He's been too good of a player for his career to end on that sorry team. He can always retire a T-wolf if he wants in one of those fake 1-day contract ceremony things if it wants but this is such a waste. I really wish he would have accepted a buy out and went to a playoff team somewhere for one last shot.

-Sixers, man, the Sixers. I agree with their rebuild plan on principle but at some point you have to get beyond step 1 of constantly getting picks. I'm fine with them dealing KJ McDaniels since he was gonna cost them cash to keep him but its too early to give up on MCW.

-People keep talking about Kanter to the Thunder but the bigger part of it for me is Novak, Singler, and Augustin. For the first time since Harden was on the team, I think they finally have enough talent to win the Finals (they're in the playoffs for sure now). Previous years those teams heavily relied on Westbrook and KD, and once you got past Ibaka, there was a huge talent drop off and odd fits. Now its pretty balanced. Kanter can give you some low post scoring though I personally think he has more faults than people realize (I'd still lean to starting Adams over him). Augustin is a solid backup PG that knows his role, something Jackson didn't get. Novak still has that elite shooting skill to dust off for 8 to 10 mins for certain lineups. And Singler is a solid rotation player that can give you a little bit of everything. And more importantly, they no longer have Kendrick "Almost Useless" Perkins. This should be the most balanced roster Brooks has had. Place your bets on the Thunder now before the odds shrink.
Yeah I agree about OKC. They did a great job.

I don't get Sixers move. Makes no sense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U will be a tough match up in the 1st rd now. Wade has to love this move. Should take some pressure off of him and Bosh. I actually like your start 5. Depth is thin but overall not bad.

Yeah not too bad but as someone on here said, this move is more about next season and after.

Pat knows we will be lucky to get to the 2nd round or further considering we won't finish higher than 7th but he always said if he can acquire a "star" through trade that he would not wait for 2016 when he has all the cap space to get Miami back into contention.

Miami will be a good team again next year.

Can't wait

This move all but confirms what I knew when Lebron left....Pat and this organization would not sit and be a shitty team for 4 straight years as the Cavs did from 2010-2014