• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty shocked they didn't wait. What if he doesn't play well, there is always an if

v
I mean, obviously they liked him or they don't trade for him.....extending a guy you like a lot? OK. I get it. Bit of an overpay, but not as bad as it seemed until I noticed the 5th year option was included in the numbers.

sure could wait but if he plays as hoped (or maybe even expected by us) then he hits the FA market AND is getting $20 mil+

I'll trust this FO until they give me a reason not to, when it comes to what to pay guys and the cap.....and sure can say Watson a big overpay but that's a special circumstance (never mind could still work out). Other than Hooper I cannot think of another bad signing by them with a bigtime longterm overpay. Might be one but nothing else comes to mind.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is MLB teams HATE picking 1B as the #1 pick- barely ever happens---- and Condon and Caglione are both probably limited to 1B....Bazzana is 2B, and I think he is plenty athletic to play outfield if they wanted to move him out there.

Right now- I think Bazzana would be the pick--- but so hard to tell.....they could sign him under slot and really rake up some talent later on too.
Cannot say I know much about any of these guys.....but don't see us in the position again any time soon so better nail it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt Watson and chubb are even totally healthy by then- who knows. there has been no indiciation what is going on with chubb

surprisingly they have not re-worked Watsons deal---- which -honestly- it would be awesome if they did not have to and could eat a huge amount of the cap hit this year. taking a 64 million cap hit this year would help down the line-- instead of basically halving that and pushing it down the road.
One thing that is maybe concerning is the Huntley contract. Lombardi no guru but did ask an interesting question.....why would he agree to come to Cleveland to be the 3rd stringer....what could we have told him to convince him to come?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is MLB teams HATE picking 1B as the #1 pick- barely ever happens---- and Condon and Caglione are both probably limited to 1B....Bazzana is 2B, and I think he is plenty athletic to play outfield if they wanted to move him out there.

Right now- I think Bazzana would be the pick--- but so hard to tell.....they could sign him under slot and really rake up some talent later on too.

Because those guys are typically below average athletes and defenders

And they’re limited and must rake to make it

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is maybe concerning is the Huntley contract. Lombardi no guru but did ask an interesting question.....why would he agree to come to Cleveland to be the 3rd stringer....what could we have told him to convince him to come?

I was wondering what it said about DTR

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what it said about DTR
I mean, not a crazy notion to not have a lot of faith yet in a 5th round 2nd year guy.

I'm just hoping it's not because Watson recovery not going as hoped.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flawed analogy. They would be running around with the ball for the entire quarter like bo Jackson in tecmo super bowl

No

they could literally just not snap the ball.

Why would you be anti shot clock

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

they could literally just not snap the ball.

Why would you be anti shot clock

Yes

Because the ball has to be in play at least once

Your correct analogy in basketball would be they wouldn’t even have to inbound the ball

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he sucked last year?
I mean, not exactly the best situation that he's been in last year or really ever in Denver. Have you known this FO to miss badly on their trade targets?

sucked seems like a pretty big exaggeration considering the QB play and O in general there was pretty bad. Was Payton sabotaging it to get his guys in there? Wouldn't rule that out. seems to have corrected his drop issues as only had 2....though his drops seem to go up and down each year.....10, 1, 5, 2. Hope he's not due for more next year. Doubt his contract becomes some hindrance of future signings.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

Because the ball has to be in play at least once

Your correct analogy in basketball would be they wouldn’t even have to inbound the ball

you're nit picking a technicality.

But apparently you're pro inbounding clock...why is that?

so the rule should be they have to snap one time?

Again

why anti shot clock

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think basketball should be
Make America Hoosiers Again so a marginally talented screener could actually have a role in the beautiful game of basketball. Basketball evolved and left you and your short shorts behind, Ollie.
agree no reason not to have a shot clock but come on....Ollie came through in the clutch. Cut the kid some slack.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, not exactly the best situation that he's been in last year or really ever in Denver. Have you known this FO to miss badly on their trade targets?

sucked seems like a pretty big exaggeration considering the QB play and O in general there was pretty bad. Was Payton sabotaging it to get his guys in there? Wouldn't rule that out. seems to have corrected his drop issues as only had 2....though his drops seem to go up and down each year.....10, 1, 5, 2. Hope he's not due for more next year. Doubt his contract becomes some hindrance of future signings.

Ask Steve Smith

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Steve Smith
I've heard Steve Smith. Heard Schlereth too. It's a couple opinions from guys paid to have opinions that might elicit replies. I prefer Berry as our GM over them but that's me.

As I said......have they made a bunch of trades (or any) that have not worked out how they hoped for big money players? I guess Moore hasn't been anything special but considering we also got a 3 back not like we gave up much to get him (nor spent much). when you factor in his already guaranteed 5th year option it's not some crazy amount is it?

Might it not work out? Sure....but we also might have a bargain receiver for a couple years if he plays as they likely think he can.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're nit picking a technicality.

But apparently you're pro inbounding clock...why is that?

so the rule should be they have to snap one time?

Again

why anti shot clock

at the high school level?

it's just a bunch of money for no added value

it's not a made for tv production

why are we adding it in HS and not middle school?

elementary school?

it's arbitrary.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada choking hard is bad for my bracket

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada choking hard is bad for my bracket
That’s what you get for sleeping on the A-10. I was watching Seton Hall’s gym last night. Straight garbage! That Big East is a paper tiger. Not impressed at all.