• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were taking about adding Paul George. Talent wise it gets them closer, but then you are talking about adding a 3rd ball dominate player alongside LeBron and Kyrie. It could have diminishing returns.

Completely agree. I think they should be more focused on finding versatile, athletic role players than on getting a star player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How best to phrase it....:scratch:

Bull_midget_matador.gif

That is what I thought.

IMO, the Cavs need to deal Love for a two way player that can defend both inside and out. Paul George is the gold standard there, but again, you worry about the ball dominance thing.

Maybe Jimmy Butler? Would he buy into just being a dog defensively and playing a smaller role offensively? That probably isn't better in terms of fit than George, because George is a better shooter.

What about Bradley and Crowder and Zeller? That could be realistic. Celtics clear room to sign Heyward and play Fultz and Brown. Celtics would be terrible defensively though. LOL. Sorry @Wamu.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I thought.

IMO, the Cavs need to deal Love for a two way player that can defend both inside and out. Paul George is the gold standard there, but again, you worry about the ball dominance thing.

Maybe Jimmy Butler? Would he buy into just being a dog defensively and playing a smaller role offensively? That probably isn't better in terms of fit than George, because George is a better shooter.

What about Bradley and Crowder and Zeller? That could be realistic. Celtics clear room to sign Heyward and play Fultz and Brown. Celtics would be terrible defensively though. LOL. Sorry @Wamu.

I don't like you, jerk.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For instance, the one I through out earlier .

Batum, MKG, & Marvin Williams for Love, Shumpert, & Frye. Works salary wise.

Would Charlotte even want to do that?
It look pretty fair though IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like you, jerk.

If they got Heyward and Fultz, it probably still makes the Celtics significantly better than they are now. Flawed for sure, but I think that squad could give Cleveland a tough series.

Then again, would Cleveland and Boston be trade partners seeing as how they are the best two teams in the East? Perhaps not.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't know, that's what I wonder about cause I honestly don't know much about Charlotte's goals and direction.

I think getting Love would be tempting. This deal would also clear up some cap space for them and give them more flexibility going forward since Batum, MKG, & Williams all have 4+ years left on their deals, whereas Shump and Frye would be expiring soon.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got Heyward and Fultz, it probably still makes the Celtics significantly better than they are now. Flawed for sure, but I think that squad could give Cleveland a tough series.

Then again, would Cleveland and Boston be trade partners seeing as how they are the best two teams in the East? Perhaps not.

I just hope Ainge makes the right decisions this off season w/ the roster. Whatever happens I do expect the team to look different next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.
It's a unilateral move.
Warriors still win in 5.

Not next year. Cavs are gonna bitch slap 'em & take their title back. The Warriors run is over. It's all down hill from here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not next year. Cavs are gonna bitch slap 'em & take their title back. The Warriors run is over. It's all down hill from here.

:sadbron:

Maybe James just gives Wade 20M out his pocket to try to even the playing field?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For instance, the one I threw out earlier .

Batum, MKG, & Marvin Williams for Love, Shumpert, & Frye. Works salary wise.
I love Batum.

His price tag is brutal.

But, the guy can be a ball handler, defender, shooter.

He's perfect for the Cavs.

Williams too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.
It's a unilateral move.
Warriors still win in 5.
The Cavs would have to add Kawhi, Davis or Boogie.

I know the days of Centers are gone.

But, Boogie would foul out the whole frontline.

It always amazed me how he had so much success against them last Season, individually.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Batum.

His price tag is brutal.

But, the guy can be a ball handler, defender, shooter.

He's perfect for the Cavs.

Williams too.

Yeah, but the price-tag is almost a non-factor for the Cavs, cause you're trading salary. They don't have cap space anyway, so any deal that you can do with the restriction of zero cap space... that's all that matters money wise. Assuming Gilbert isn't suddenly gonna balk at the luxury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-6-13_16-37-4.png

Easier to find, Waldo or @WiggyRuss ??

What a pathetic bitch (to no surprise).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sadbron:

Maybe James just gives Wade 20M out his pocket to try to even the playing field?

My sources back home said the Cavs will be trading Tristan + 2 lifetime passes to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for Whiteside. Now how could Riley not take that deal? You better find a different team to root for. How about the Nets?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the price-tag is almost a non-factor for the Cavs, cause you're trading salary. They don't have cap space anyway, so any deal that you can do with the restriction of zero cap space... that's all that matters money wise. Assuming Gilbert isn't suddenly gonna balk at the luxury.

This post season was pretty much worst case for Gilbert.
Cavs destroyed the East so he played the minimum of home games, followed by losing in the Finals with once again playing the minimum of home games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Nobody wants Shumpert.

* Waits to hear that Doc traded Paul for Shumpert and a half empty cup of gatorade*

This would make the Bees worse.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I thought.

Yup....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post season was pretty much worst case for Gilbert.
Cavs destroyed the East so he played the minimum of home games, followed by losing in the Finals with once again playing the minimum of home games.
.....hey, hey...

Good thing they were not title of bust.

giphy.gif