• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure would like to have a fountain of youth that David Robinson could drink from.

The Admiral on this team would have been awesome!

The sad part about the Admiral comment... When he was in the NBA.. there was always a debate over who was the best Center. You had Hakeem, Ewing, the Admiral, a young Shaq, Alonzo Mourning pre kidney problems.. all of whom arguments could be made for (okay, maybe not Zo for best, but I love the guy, so cut me a break). Right now David Robinson would be the best Center in this league and it wouldn't even be close.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan did'nt make a guarantee. I think Spurs in 7 or maybe 6. When I watched the Spurs/Mavericks series which I think was SA's toughest opponent in this years playoffs I remembered when Dallas beat the Heat, granted Dallas is minus players from that Championship season, but watching the Dallas/Heat series exposed some weaknesses the Heat had and I think they still have.SA did dam good last year in the Finals but not good enough. This time around the Spurs will win the NBA Championship.

the dallas/miami series from 2011 is nothing but a distant memory.

this team is entirely, entirely different.

that team isn't even recognizable to this one.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan did'nt make a guarantee. I think Spurs in 7 or maybe 6. When I watched the Spurs/Mavericks series which I think was SA's toughest opponent in this years playoffs I remembered when Dallas beat the Heat, granted Dallas is minus players from that Championship season, but watching the Dallas/Heat series exposed some weaknesses the Heat had and I think they still have.SA did dam good last year in the Finals but not good enough. This time around the Spurs will win the NBA Championship.

If you really think the Heat still have weaknesses from 2011 you're a fool.

Dallas beat Miami for 3 reasons.

1) The Heat still did not know how to play as a team. They basically played the way OKC plays now as Wade & Bron took turns on offense. Since 2012 they play like a team instead of 1 on 1 basketball.

2) They used a zone. Good luck going to a zone when Miami can put 4 pretty good 3 point shooters on the floor at all times.

3) Lebron was afraid of the moment.

If the Spurs are dumb enough to try what the Mavs did in 2011, they will be gone in 5. I know Pop isn't dumb though

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manu is playing better. Lebron might be gassed and the refs might be locking down on some of his offensive game a bit.

Still, hard to pick against the Heat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Lebron's midrange improved enough that he will make the Spurs pay for sagging off of him???

No because he still shows when he is off he is off, when he us on then u have to play up on him. He still isn't consistent with his jump shot

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really think the Heat still have weaknesses from 2011 you're a fool.

Dallas beat Miami for 3 reasons.

1) The Heat still did not know how to play as a team. They basically played the way OKC plays now as Wade & Bron took turns on offense. Since 2012 they play like a team instead of 1 on 1 basketball.

2) They used a zone. Good luck going to a zone when Miami can put 4 pretty good 3 point shooters on the floor at all times.

3) Lebron was afraid of the moment.

If the Spurs are dumb enough to try what the Mavs did in 2011, they will be gone in 5. I know Pop isn't dumb though

I would expect that the Spurs gameplan will be very similar to last year with a few minor tweaks. It's not like either of these teams have any secrets this time of year. They each know full well what the others weaknesses are and how to beat them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is Lebron gassed. He basically had a day off in G5 and now the Heat are basically off for a week before the finals. He will be fine

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manu is playing better. Lebron might be gassed and the refs might be locking down on some of his offensive game a bit.

Still, hard to pick against the Heat.

guess that all depends on who you are...:lol:

still, i think the Spurs are going to be more motivated because of coming so close last season...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect that the Spurs gameplan will be very similar to last year with a few minor tweaks. It's not like either of these teams have any secrets this time of year. They each know full well what the others weaknesses are and how to beat them.

I agree but to think this Heat team is anything similar to that 2011 is a joke. You're beating the Heat using some philosophy from 2011 when the Heat hardly knew how to play with each other and the roster is greatly improved

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess that all depends on who you are...:lol:

still, i think the Spurs are going to be more motivated because of coming so close last season...

I hate when people say garbage like this. It's the NBA finals. Neither team will be more motivated than the other. You don't think the Heat will be just as motivated?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but to think this Heat team is anything similar to that 2011 is a joke. You're beating the Heat using some philosophy from 2011 when the Heat hardly knew how to play with each other and the roster is greatly improved

:agree: The Heat had the better collection of talent in 2011, but the Mavs were a better team. This years Heat team probably takes out that 2011 Mavs team in 5 games, maybe 4. The Spurs showed last year that they know how to beat Miami, they just didn't make the plays at the end of games 6 and 7 and the Heat did.

Pop will make a couple of adjustments to what the Spurs did last year, but the overall plan will be the same.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I look at it Spurs almost beat the heat last year and the heat were a better team last year(well played better at least). They should beat them this year.But thats why they play the games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs open at -130 to win the series.

Of course, the players will determine who eventually wins or loses, but I love the fact that the Heat are viewed as underdogs.

The Heat are always looking for something to give them that little bit of extra edge and attitude.
Since the a Spurs don't have a douche like Lance, this might be the best were going to get.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have hard time being on board with last year's heat being that much better than this year.

dwade is way way healthier. Rashard Lewis being a contributor is huge for floor spacing if he can keep it up

LeBron is not gassed. He will have 4 days off. played only 32 mins in game 6 and hardly played in game 5. They also get two days off after game 1.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I look at it Spurs almost beat the heat last year and the heat were a better team last year(well played better at least). They should beat them this year.But thats why they play the games.

Yep, that's why they make them play. Heat fans will say that D-Wade is better/healthier than he was last season, but on the Spurs side, Manu was horrible last year and the Spurs darn near won.

I think it's going to be another great series between these two.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logic that the Spurs "should have" or "could have" beat the Heat is the same as the Heat should have beat the Mavs in 2011

Kings should have beat the Lakers in 2001
Sonics should have beat the Nuggets in 94

Point is, those teams "could have" beaten the other team, but they didn't. Either some mistakes were made and/or the other team made some big plays. It's basketball.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is beyond stupid to settle for 3's. To have him shooting 6 or 7 3's again is playing right into the Spurs hands

1st, not if he is going to hit +40%.

If he is going to be a jump shooter he should take the 3, not long 2s is my point.

And Bosh needs to watch tape of game 6 all night. He had a fantastic mixture of jumpers, 3's and pump fakes followed by drives. He needs to remember how much of a night mare he can be using his quickness to get to the hole.

Especially on an older, slower duncan. Put pressure on duncan to commit fouls or give up layups. Don't just settle for 26 footers all night chris!

This would be great. Honestly, if MIA can attack relentlessly this series should be easy for MIA. I doubt hey can though.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's why they make them play. Heat fans will say that D-Wade is better/healthier than he was last season, but on the Spurs side, Manu was horrible last year and the Spurs darn near won.

Its funny, we can go back and forth on this stuff all day. Because I can come back with how Gary Neal was a pretty huge spark off the bench spurs and he isn't going to be around. Then you can make a point about Patty Mills filling that roll.

And who knows what we'll see from Danny Green? Its not even unreasonable to think he could be white hot again like he was early in the finals last year.

I think both you can make arguments for both teams as to why they are better or worse this year than last year. which makes this intriguing and exciting.

I just feel like a healthy dwade starts to sniff a ring and he has a higher upside vs last year than any of the other guys. Would anyone be surprised if he averages 20 5 and 5 on 53% shooting? Could be the difference.

im ranting. as i write i think of more and more variables. there are just too many really small things different both ways that could end up being huge.

it'll be fun to watch. glad its the spurs. its nice to know that even if your team doesn't win you can respect the champion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade might be healthier but he isn't better. Wade shot has been off.