• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds good!! of course ill take the avatar bet --- ill bet your 1k straight up as well if you set the bet up.

Great! Props for stepping up. But I'm serious I literally have no idea how to bet vcash. @DJ a little help?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for them to go after Lebron. I know that sounds crazy, but here is my "lawjik".

The Rockets went with what? A 7 man rotation? They looked worn out at times, especially in the 2nd half of the last 2 games.

Plus, Lebron may look at CP3's injury history and see why he left D-Wade and the Heat.

I don't know if it had anything to do with CP3's injury, but I doubt it helped. He's 33. Lebron's 33. CP3 ended up hurt and Lebron looked gassed at times with all of the minutes he played.

The Rockets might be better offshoring up their bench.
of course the rockets will go after him.

it just comes down to if LBJ wants to play there. If he wants to play there- he will get there--- just like about every team out there besides a small handful that have choked themselves out from having cap space (like the Knicks and Heat)-- If LBJ wants to be there- the team will move mountains to make it work.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....the most unrealistic part is Ty Lue making an adjustment

The hardest part was deciding with funny or winner.

It's easy to say the Rockets exposed the Warriors weakness. Who else in the league has the Rockets personnel. As great as Lebron is, he doesn't have a star studded backcourt like Houston did. Houston also had a multitude of 3-point threats that could also play defense in Ariza, Gordon and Tucker.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great! Props for stepping up. But I'm serious I literally have no idea how to bet vcash. @DJ a little help?
i have plenty after smoking turnup in the Raptors bet. lol

LeBron has won like 20 straight Eastern Conference playoff series and the fool bet on the Craptors! Against LeBron James! lol.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss, of course I want the Ws to win, but I'm a huge LeBron fan too so if they win I'll gladly eat tons of crow and wear the avi. Then he's co-GOAT at the very least.

Not gonna happen of course, but it's not like losing to the Celtics or some shit.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers in 4. LeBron becomes the first player to average 100 ppg in the Finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest part was deciding with funny or winner.

It's easy to say the Rockets exposed the Warriors weakness. Who else in the league has the Rockets personnel. As great as Lebron is, he doesn't have a star studded backcourt like Houston did. Houston also had a multitude of 3-point threats that could also play defense in Ariza, Gordon and Tucker.
in all seriousness- in order for the Cavs to have a chance i think the following things have to happen

(i) George Hill plays solid D on Curry--- he has the size and ability to do so- he doesnt have to stop Curry- since no one can do that- he just cant let him go off 4 out of 7 games.

(ii) the Cavs front court of Love, Thompson, Nance, Green, and LeBron- has to vastly outrebound the Warriors. The Warriors "bigs" are human garbage- Looney and Bell. Nance, and Thompson need to make the Warriors pay when those 2 non-humans are on the court.

(iii) They need to stick to Klay Thompson. If Klay goes off the Cavs are in deep shit. Do not collapse- just stay on the 3 pt line and make Klay put it on the floor.

(iv) Love has to be at his best and have a couple big games.

The biggest proble is Durant. The Cavs could really use a PJ Tucker or Ariza type to guard him. LeBron guarding him would just take too much of LeBron's energy. Its gonna be a lot of Jr Smith and Jeff Green i think. Thats scary.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs gave up the lotto pick and had DeAndre Jordan- would it make an appreciable difference?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course the rockets will go after him.

it just comes down to if LBJ wants to play there. If he wants to play there- he will get there--- just like about every team out there besides a small handful that have choked themselves out from having cap space (like the Knicks and Heat)-- If LBJ wants to be there- the team will move mountains to make it work.

Oh, I have no doubt that they will go after him. Pretty much every team in the league not named the Warriors is trying to figure out how to get Lebron as we speak.

I'm just not sure that's the best move for them.

It sounds crazy when you consider that we're talking about the best player in the world. But the Rockets just took the defending champs to 7 games and likely would have ended it in 6, but they ran out of gas because they were already going with a 7 man rotation, then they lost CP3.

Bench help seems to make more sense.

But I agree, if they can make getting Lebron happen, they will do whatever it takes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I have no doubt that they will go after him. Pretty much every team in the league not named the Warriors is trying to figure out how to get Lebron as we speak.

I'm just not sure that's the best move for them.

It sounds crazy when you consider that we're talking about the best player in the world. But the Rockets just took the defending champs to 7 games and likely would have ended it in 6, but they ran out of gas because they were already going with a 7 man rotation, then they lost CP3.

Bench help seems to make more sense.

But I agree, if they can make getting Lebron happen, they will do whatever it takes.
i think if LeBron went to a team with 2 top 10 players in their prime like Harden and CP3--- (well CP3 is fringe at this point) it would be interesting.

I think in that situation I could see him playing more off the ball and trying to win a DPOY.

Honestly- i think if he played with Harden and CP3 he could win a DPOY next year which would be pretty cool.

If he goes anywhere this is where i would prefer since they would beat the Warriors---- but id root against him pretty much the rest of the time except when they played the Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls ---- and the Pistons...fuck the Pistons...DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL....so awful.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are pointing to the Pacers and Celtics taking the Cavs to 7 as evidence that the Warriors will dominate the series.

On the contrary, if the Cavs are able to make a competitive series out of the Finals, it will be in part thanks to the Pacers and the Celtics for pushing them and forcing them to play defense and figure out ways to score against tough scrappy defense.

I really think that going from the Celtics to the Warriors is going to feel like they've been un-cuffed offensively. Although, the other end of the floor is going to get much much tougher of course.