• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Na na na na Na na na na Hey hey hey...

JasonCampbell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That song originated with the South Side Hit Men. It's owned by the Chicago White Sox. You are guilty of copyright infringement and you will be prosecuted.

meow!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll give you a subtle hint...

threadalexed.jpg

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say... the mythical 20 TD season seems to have slipped away again.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not get too carried away. CK had one good game (throwing the ball) and it was against a Defense that clearly didn't come to play ball and had very little video on CK. Our Offensive line played a great game and we also had very good play calling. CK did very well and you have to give him that, but it's one game. Alex had one of the best games of any QB's just a few weeks ago.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Alex had one of the best games of any QB's just a few weeks ago.

Against the Cardinals. He's the perfect QB to go up against crappy teams. He tends to fold against good teams though.

I've been calling for CK since the offseason, and I've been calling for him even more frequently since Alex sprained his finger.

Alex = predictable offense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not get too carried away. CK had one good game (throwing the ball) and it was against a Defense that clearly didn't come to play ball and had very little video on CK. Our Offensive line played a great game and we also had very good play calling. CK did very well and you have to give him that, but it's one game. Alex had one of the best games of any QB's just a few weeks ago.

You mean that one game with a bunch of check downs? Oh yeah.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Cardinals. He's the perfect QB to go up against crappy teams. He tends to fold against good teams though.

I've been calling for CK since the offseason, and I've been calling for him even more frequently since Alex sprained his finger.

So GB and DET are crappy teams?

I think right now it's CK's job to lose, he's earned at least another start in my mind, but lets not just dump on Smith he's still a pretty good QB just doesn't have the ceiling that CK has.

I'd remind you of Troy Smith, but CK was actually making NFL quality throws and reads, we just have to find out if he can adjust to defenses adjusting to him.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since when did the Cards D become crap? They shut down Tom Brady and that high powered Patriots offense in New England, and they just nearly beat the Atlanta Falcons with 0 help from the their offense by picking off Matt Ryan 5 times. You could argue the Cards D is more legit than the Bears. If you go just based on this past weekend their is no question.

I think Kaep earned the right to start in New Orleans as well, but if that ends up being the whole game or not is up to him. If he struggles then make the change back to Alex. If he plays well..... well then hopefully we become one of the few teams to switch out QB's mid-season and still win a Super Bowl.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I fee about this.... I really like Alex :( I've always wanted him to succeed here (and I think he's finally done that). I also feel like Kap gives us the best chance of winning. It's not that we can't win with Alex, Kap just makes us an even better team.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I fee about this.... I really like Alex :( I've always wanted him to succeed here (and I think he's finally done that). I also feel like Kap gives us the best chance of winning. It's not that we can't win with Alex, Kap just makes us an even better team.

Yeah, most of us want Smith to succeed, and like you said he was playing pretty good but it wasnt good enough because he'd mix in games like he had against the Vikings and Giants.

The only ridiculous thing about this is that people are acting like Kaepernick just proved that Smith is the worst QB in the NFL because he is more mobile and has a stronger arm. As if because Smith takes sacks where CK escapes, and CK makes throws that Smith cant it somehow proves that Smith has no ability and hasnt contributed at all to the teams recent success.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So GB and DET are crappy teams?

I think right now it's CK's job to lose, he's earned at least another start in my mind, but lets not just dump on Smith he's still a pretty good QB just doesn't have the ceiling that CK has.

I'd remind you of Troy Smith, but CK was actually making NFL quality throws and reads, we just have to find out if he can adjust to defenses adjusting to him.

exactly. but i wouldn't bring up troy smith, kap looks light years better.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that one game with a bunch of check downs? Oh yeah.

I don't care if they were check downs are not. Those drives produced TD's. That's what i care about. It's not like Alex has never hit a WR on the deep and middle routes.

I want CK to succeed as much as anybody, i just don't want to get carried away after one good game by CK.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if they were check downs are not. Those drives produced TD's. That's what i care about. It's not like Alex has never hit a WR on the deep and middle routes.

I want CK to succeed as much as anybody, i just don't want to get carried away after one good game by CK.

I agree with the whole "getting carried away" sentiment (not that anyone here would do THAT?? lol) But I would like to keep this discovery phase of Colin going.

I mean that was a big stage and those were some bright lights and that was a prolific defense that this kid, a back-up wannabe NFL starter, just calmly went out and shredded last night.

Again I agree with your sentiment but I think we need to learn the truth about Colin Kaepernick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just want to go through a few individual aspects of quarterbacking and give my opinion on who's better at them. feel free to add your own.

Ball gets to the WR sooner: Kaep.
Pre-snap reads: Tied. Both do well.
Seeing open WRs: Kaep. This is not one of Alex's strengths.
Short-range passes: Alex
Medium range passes: Kaep
Long-range passes: Duh
Not turning over the ball: Tied (both excellent at so far)
Scrambling for yardage: Kaep.

Avoiding the pass-rush: Kaep. Note: One play where he threw it away was actually quite amazing. Most QBs would've taken a sack there, but he hung in there as long as possible and darted away from the rush to avoid the sack.

Confusing the defense: Kaep. They have a much rader time guessing what he's gonna do than what Alex is gonna do because he's far less limited.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, I honestly can't understand how anyone who knows ths first thing about football can't see that Colin Kaepernick is simply a better QB than Alex Smith. That's just bonkers to me.