• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Na na na na Na na na na Hey hey hey...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to go through a few individual aspects of quarterbacking and give my opinion on who's better at them. feel free to add your own.

Ball gets to the WR sooner: Kaep.
Pre-snap reads: Tied. Both do well.
Seeing open WRs: Kaep. This is not one of Alex's strengths.
Short-range passes: Alex
Medium range passes: Kaep
Long-range passes: Duh
Not turning over the ball: Tied (both excellent at so far)
Scrambling for yardage: Kaep.

Avoiding the pass-rush: Kaep. Note: One play where he threw it away was actually quite amazing. Most QBs would've taken a sack there, but he hung in there as long as possible and darted away from the rush to avoid the sack.

Confusing the defense: Kaep. They have a much rader time guessing what he's gonna do than what Alex is gonna do because he's far less limited.

i would add

not breaking wr fingers Smith

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
well we don't want to break them!

True, but we want the QB to be ABLE to break 'em. In other words, we want the QB to have enough arm strength to break some fingers.

Besides, Moss' fingers are old & decrepit. If Kaep hit him in the hip, that would've broken too.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game granted kaep looked good but Im going to throw a Name out there from the recent past... Troy Smith looked really goood one game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One game granted kaep looked good but Im going to throw a Name out there from the recent past... Troy Smith looked really goood one game.

Troy Smith was an absolutely terrible QB, and anyone with a clue knew that. He made Alex look like Tom Brady. Think Tim Rattay. Terrible QBs can have great games, but they never have 'em consistently.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point! Troy actually looked good for more than one game and in many ways he looked good doing a lot of the same things Colin did last night. Slants, deeps, buying time, etc. I think Colin is a better QB than Troy - but your point is nonetheless valid.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he didn't look good. and he certainly didn't show the poise, confidence and intelligence that kap showed in his first start.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't look good. and he certainly didn't show the poise, confidence and intelligence that kap showed in his first start.

Actually, his first two games were excellent - then defenses caught on and Singletary didn't, and that was the end of that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just want to say that I have been on the correct side of every Niner QB arguement or even potential Niner QB arguement we've had here and on the ESPN forum.

Alex > Shaun Hill
Alex > Troy Smith
Nate Davis = garbage (from day friggn' 1)
A hot poop sandwhich > Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Donnovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb or Michael Vick (wasn't there another one people here wanted?)

And now we have:

Kaepernick > Alex. ...and the only thing really left to say after that is... "boom."

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, his first two games were excellent - then defenses caught on and Singletary didn't, and that was the end of that.

troy smith never came close to showing the intangibles that kap showed in any of his nfl starts with us.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say that I have been on the correct side of every Niner QB arguement or even potential Niner QB arguement we've had here and on the ESPN forum.

Alex > Shaun Hill
Alex > Troy Smith
Nate Davis = garbage (from day friggn' 1)
A hot poop sandwhich > Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Donnovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb or Michael Vick (wasn't there another one people here wanted?)

And now we have:

Kaepernick > Alex. ...and the only thing really left to say after that is... "boom."

boom

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Smith was horrible. And he was short.

He was horrible but his first two starts for us were fine - however, he was always short - so that part is accurate.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Troy Smith is a bad example, but I remember a bunch on the old ESPN board acting like the skies had parted and we had just been blessed with a QB after his first game. The reality by the end of the year was that Troy cost us the playoffs because Dingletary left him as the starter way past his welcome.

A better example is probably Matt Flynn. He lit the Lions up and for 1 game looked better than Farve and Rodgers ever did in a Packers uniform. I think we all know what happened to him, but I will say he does a great job keeping Wilson's seat warm on the sidelines.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A better example is probably Matt Flynn. He lit the Lions up and for 1 game looked better than Farve and Rodgers ever did in a Packers uniform. I think we all know what happened to him, but I will say he does a great job keeping Wilson's seat warm on the sidelines.

Flynn is a perfect example because it shows how the system & coaching staff have as much to do with the outcome as the individual player. That said, Rodgers was already an established, elite QB when he had that 1 game. Alex has never even sniffed Rodgers' status.

Also, it's not like Flynn was doing anything Rodgers couldn't. Actually, it would've been the other way around.

The arguement isn't that Alex sucks or that Kaep is great. The arguement is Kaep is better than Alex, and the Niners have a much better chance of beating a team like the Giants with him than with noodle arm. Watch both games against the Giants (NFC Championship game and this year), and that's all you need to know.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Troy Smith is a bad example, but I remember a bunch on the old ESPN board acting like the skies had parted and we had just been blessed with a QB after his first game. The reality by the end of the year was that Troy cost us the playoffs because Dingletary left him as the starter way past his welcome.

Those bunch only counted as one person - Cazic. And a very sick and twisted person at that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All I'm saying is that Alex better get a REALLY dark tan, wear inserts in his shoes to make him a couple inches taller and cover every square inch of both of his arms in tatoos like he's cheating on a test.