• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Na na na na Na na na na Hey hey hey...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say that I have been on the correct side of every Niner QB arguement or even potential Niner QB arguement we've had here and on the ESPN forum.

Alex > Shaun Hill
Alex > Troy Smith
Nate Davis = garbage (from day friggn' 1)
A hot poop sandwhich > Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Donnovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb or Michael Vick (wasn't there another one people here wanted?)

And now we have:

Kaepernick > Alex. ...and the only thing really left to say after that is... "boom."

Remember all the people who wanted Nate Davis to be the starting QB.... the guy was so bad he had to practice safety in Mike Singletary's offense. The one that went, run up the middle, run up the middle, incomplete on 3rd and 9. Smashmouth football!!!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To add to the discussion I think you need to keep in mind CK is Harbaugh's pick and Harbaugh has a pretty good pedigree so far when it comes to QB evaluations.

I more inclined to lean on the side of CK being a rising star instead of a one game wonder like Troy Smith or a Matt Flynn.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
CK had a great game, and I think his ceiling is higher than Alex's, but I think too many people are getting a woody over CK right now.

CK will probably lay some big eggs in some games too.

I'm actually hoping CK plays this weekend against the Saints in their house.
Alex had his best game of his career against the Saints last year at home in the playoffs let's see how CK can keep it up in a shootout with Brees... and I do think Brees and Co. can turn this game into a shootout this weekend at home they are really clicking on all cylinders now.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want to say that I have been on the correct side of every Niner QB arguement or even potential Niner QB arguement we've had here and on the ESPN forum.

Alex > Shaun Hill
Alex > Troy Smith
Nate Davis = garbage (from day friggn' 1)
A hot poop sandwhich > Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Donnovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb or Michael Vick (wasn't there another one people here wanted?)

And now we have:

Kaepernick > Alex. ...and the only thing really left to say after that is... "boom."

Cody Pickett. :) Forgive me. I had to say it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cody Pickett. :) Forgive me. I had to say it.

lol! Yes, I forgot about Cody Pickett. He was one of my favourite 7th round prospects the Niners drafted (my all-time favourite being Bruce Miller; didn't know he'd be a fullback though). It didn't take long to see he wasn't gonna cut it in the NFL. The only NFL game I attended in my life was a game in which Pickett played, and the Niners lost 43-3 or something (to the Bills).

Late round prospects are always a long shot, but some of them were downright stupid picks IMO; and I said so the day they were drafted. Nate Davis & Brandon Doman were inexcuseable 5th round picks IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK had a great game, and I think his ceiling is higher than Alex's, but I think too many people are getting a woody over CK right now.

CK will probably lay some big eggs in some games too.

I'm actually hoping CK plays this weekend against the Saints in their house.
Alex had his best game of his career against the Saints last year at home in the playoffs let's see how CK can keep it up in a shootout with Brees... and I do think Brees and Co. can turn this game into a shootout this weekend at home they are really clicking on all cylinders now.

No one is saying CK7 is a gonna be a great, elite, or the next big thing in the NFL. I've seen this even before he started - he makes our offensive playbook more versatile, he'll maximize our WRs more down the field, and has better escapability and is a better improvisor than Alex.

I don't understand what's so unfathomable about that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No one is saying CK7 is a gonna be a great, elite, or the next big thing in the NFL. I've seen this even before he started - he makes our offensive playbook more versatile, he'll maximize our WRs more down the field, and has better escapability and is a better improvisor than Alex.

I don't understand what's so unfathomable about that.

Indeed. I don't even like Kaep all that much as a QB, but defenses will simply have a harder time trying to stop him than they would Alex. Alex is predictable and limited. And Kaep hasn't even reached his full potential yet. This should be a no-brainer.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just want to go through a few individual aspects of quarterbacking and give my opinion on who's better at them. feel free to add your own.

Ball gets to the WR sooner: Kaep.
Pre-snap reads: Tied. Both do well.
Seeing open WRs: Kaep. This is not one of Alex's strengths.
Short-range passes: Alex
Medium range passes: Kaep
Long-range passes: Duh
Not turning over the ball: Tied (both excellent at so far)
Scrambling for yardage: Kaep.

Avoiding the pass-rush: Kaep. Note: One play where he threw it away was actually quite amazing. Most QBs would've taken a sack there, but he hung in there as long as possible and darted away from the rush to avoid the sack.

Confusing the defense: Kaep. They have a much rader time guessing what he's gonna do than what Alex is gonna do because he's far less limited.

Can you expand on the one I put in bold above? I'm more of a baseball guy and do not know the ins and outs of football nearly as well as most of you on this board.

A couple instances that stood out in my mind were when Colin didn't see that no one lined up against Kyle Williams in the red zone in the previous game and when the Bears brought everyone up to the line of scrimmage and then had everyone drop into a zone coverage.

From my limited understanding the Bears have a good defense, but they do not try and disguise what they are doing for the most part. This isn't the normal way of doing things around the league. I'm not trying to say that you are wrong, but I'm just having a hard time getting there with such limited action for Colin.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you expand on the one I put in bold above? I'm more of a baseball guy and do not know the ins and outs of football nearly as well as most of you on this board.

A couple instances that stood out in my mind were when Colin didn't see that no one lined up against Kyle Williams in the red zone in the previous game and when the Bears brought everyone up to the line of scrimmage and then had everyone drop into a zone coverage.

From my limited understanding the Bears have a good defense, but they do not try and disguise what they are doing for the most part. This isn't the normal way of doing things around the league. I'm not trying to say that you are wrong, but I'm just having a hard time getting there with such limited action for Colin.

Harbaugh said there was only one read that he made that was the incorrect read, but I'm sure there are plays where either read worked and I know Harbaugh does embellish a bit sometimes. I think he said that about Smith a few games ago - of course, it's more of a surprise when it's about Kaepernicl, due to his level of experience.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that's the big question mark on Kaep. The Bears are more of a straight up physical defense that don't really try to fool an offense. How will Kaep do against a Defense that brings more pressure at him? How will he do against a team that better hides their coverages? The Offensive Line played one of their best games of the year for him. The week prior he nearly had 2 fumbles as the Rams were able to get some pressure on him.

There was a ton to like from Kaep in the game, but it was a game were just about everything went well for the 49ers in all phases of the game. I kinda want to see Kaep against the Saints as well. They will blitz him more often and try to confuse him. It would be great to see how he handles it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the big question mark on Kaep. The Bears are more of a straight up physical defense that don't really try to fool an offense. How will Kaep do against a Defense that brings more pressure at him? How will he do against a team that better hides their coverages? The Offensive Line played one of their best games of the year for him. The week prior he nearly had 2 fumbles as the Rams were able to get some pressure on him.

There was a ton to like from Kaep in the game, but it was a game were just about everything went well for the 49ers in all phases of the game. I kinda want to see Kaep against the Saints as well. They will blitz him more often and try to confuse him. It would be great to see how he handles it.

ball security really scares me. he runs around and he's like flapping his arms with the ball in his hand.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only read pg 1 so sorry if someone has mentioned something like this.

I am in favor of Kaep but I'm not sure this is the time to name him the starting QB. This is what needs to happen. Harbaugh should name Kaep the starter for this week only on the basis of giving Alex another week off. Going into Chicago the Bears didn't have any film on Kaep so it made it difficult to game plan. Now that there are tape on him lets see how things go! If Kaep has another great game then you can make the decision that Kaep is the starting QB.

No need to rock the boat if you don't need too. What happens if Kaep has a horrible game this week? Harbaugh has to leave himself a little wiggle room.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ball security really scares me. he runs around and he's like flapping his arms with the ball in his hand.

Crabtree makes scares me in this regard, not Kap. Crabtree has improved on it some, but still in the open field.............